Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Growth, parents

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I ask that you pray for my growth, and the growth of others here at CFnet.

Before I could actually come to my senses and I was just playing at being a Christian (but I didn't realize it...odd situation, maybe not all that uncommon), Christianity seemed easy. Read this, say this, believe that and BOOM! You're done! Never mind that adding belief in Christ without repentance and saving faith in Christ, and without the power of the Holy Spirit to subtract serious sin from my life, results in net growth of about 0.

Anyway, its been about 1 year for me since I either came to my senses or was called to repentance (I may never really know which, I suppose). I crave growth. I'm coming to see how sinful and wretched I was, pre-repentance, and how still in need of growth and development I am now, 1 year later. Its exciting, and I think its something I share in common with other Born Again Christians. When Christ grabs a hold of you, saves you, sets you free, you take a moment to glance the in the rear view and you shudder to think: that was me?!?!

My growth is making an impact on my parents, too, which is something else I'd appreciate prayer for. My parents have loved me, supported me, all that, even when they could have easily cut me off and I would have ended up dead or locked up in a mental hospital (if I was lucky...) or jail, another "statistic," another casualty of "mental illness" and "poor life choices."

They were both raised Christian and my mother was an elder briefly, but they fell away :-( Happens. I think seeing God at work in my life, right here in their house, is making a huge difference for them in how they perceive Christ and Christians. I hope so, anyway.

So, for me personally, growth is important, because all Christians need to grow. I think growth is part of remaining "in the vine," closely connected to our source of Life and Hope. My growth is also important because it could very well be that my parents will see my continued growth--flaws and all, back steps and all--and come to repentance themselves. I know that The Holy Spirit will deal with them on His own time, but I want to a good nudge forward.

I'm rambling...basically, please pray for growth for all of us here and for my parents and their eventual repentance and salvation. Thanks.

Hey Christ_empowered
Here is a suggestion for you:
I am doing my best to grow closer to God. I know part of it is on me and part of it is on the Holy Spirit.
I am memorizing scriptures to help me grow. I am memorizing one Scripture for a week, or more, to hide it in my heart. When I feel tempted to sin, I recite these Scriptures to myself in my mind and it is very effective at turning my heart towards God and away from the pain that sin causes.
(Also, if I feel pain or am upset I lay in bed and listen to Air 1 radio.)
Another way I grow is when I pray and I see God responding to my prayers.
Lastly, I submit my being, (body soul spirit and mind) to Him every day.
I pray for his blessing and favor.
As you grow, so will your love for God.
I think it is so awesome that you are witnessing to your parents.
I will pray for them!

Your parents - and all those whose lives are touched by you - are in my prayers, Christ_empowered . As you grow & strengthen in our Lord's love, this will be visible and noticeable to those around you, even when you don't say a word. This, too, is a powerful witness. And the unselfish love you have for your parents is noticeable as well. You are such a blessing, Christ_empowered!

Back