Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] habit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have a habit that I thought I was past I was doing good for a while but tonight I fell.Im torn apart inside can you please pray for wisdom for me concerning this unspoken habit and the strength to get back in the race and not hide from God which is what I do usually until I get over the shame.Im tired of dealing with this and hurting myself and my relationship with God.Thank you and God bless you.

I have a habit that I thought I was past I was doing good for a while but tonight I fell.Im torn apart inside can you please pray for wisdom for me concerning this unspoken habit and the strength to get back in the race and not hide from God which is what I do usually until I get over the shame.Im tired of dealing with this and hurting myself and my relationship with God.Thank you and God bless you.

Bonnie, something that set me free from beating myself up, the shame or guilt (none of which are from God) was the passage of Scripture with the woman caught in adultery. I'm sure that is not your unspoken habit, but if you can place yourself in her shoes, with your (believing by faith gone habit), and picture Jesus telling the accusers (the enemy the devil, and yourself) anyone without sin cast the first stone...and everyone drops their stones, and walks away, leaving you with Just Jesus...and He says to you...daughter where are your accusers? And you say they are gone. He then says...then i do not condemn you either...go in peace and sin no more. Maybe you can feel the freedom from the guilt that is causing you to turn away from Jesus, when He is standing in front of you, with His arms open wide...waiting for you to run into them....because He has already forgiven you, and remembers your sins no more...throwing them as far as the east is from the west. Now you have to choose to accept His forgiveness, love and cleansing from all unrighteousness...and run into His loving arms

Father, thank You for forgiving Bonnie, and all of us when we miss it, and for not holding our tresspasses against us. Thank You for sending Your peace to comfort Bonnie, and for giving her a huge hug, despite how she feels. Thank You for helping her to forgive herself and accept Your neverending love for her! In Jesus Name i pray, Amen

Thank you cturtle ,its strange within minutes of posting this with tears still on my face a huge wave of peace came over me and I felt just like the sea in that story when Jesus told it to be calm.Hes telling me to rise again and not pay this anymore attention because it is finished.

Praise God!! He is so very awesome! And to him be the glory for great things that He is doing! And you mighty woman of God are in His loving hands! :hug

God know the details of the issue, no sweat there. I will certainly pray for you Bonnie. I see an angle to this that's very inspiring though. You fell into the habit again. It happens. But even in your stumble, you know what needs to be done. Get back up, don't hide. God hasn't changed, we change at times and He still keeps being God. You sound like you know this and are taking steps to get back up. Do you realize how awesome that is? A lot of people are not on top of it like that. Some would blame God that they stumbled, some would just be shamed into hiding from God, but not you.

I find this incredibly inspiring to my own walk. My hat's off to you for having the personal responsibility for your own actions. Get back up, and lean on the body for help, prayer and so forth. You'll be ok sister. You have a handle on it, and a bunch of us will be praying for you. Thanks sister, and blessings upon your day and walk.

" For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 8:38

He's right there with you, HallowBonnie

hallowbonnie , never try to hide from God . He knew you before you were born , He knows the number of the hairs on your head , He feels your heart beat in the blackest of darkness . He may not like what you did , but He LOVES YOU . Nobody is perfect except God . We will continue to make mistakes until we die or Christ returns . I know about making mistakes , please don't ask . If we run to Christ instead of away He is quick to forgive us . You said that within minutes of your post you felt a wave of peace come over you , thats because you DIDN"T hide . You reached out and Jesus took your hand . You didn't hurt your relationship with God , by reaching out to Him you improved it . Holy Father God , help hallowbonnie overcome all the destructive things in her life once and for all . In the name of Jesus Christ , amen .

So much grace and love in this thread. Thank you for your transparency Bonnie, I likewise fell... Well, more like walked into an old habit last night... Condemnation has been weighing on me. Your confession has helped me to likewise be receptive to grace and forgiveness. God can make any evil a work for good.

Not only are you forgiven, you helped me. I felt alone and condemned. Now I know I'm neither. How great is our God?

Last edited:
Thats wonderful blake.God is pretty great he has been reminding me since then that hes not the one who comes to steal kill and destroy that in fact he came to give me life .I know when I do things his way he ends up showing me things and feelings that blow my mind...I experience real intimacy in such a bigger way its weird to say but its like it feels like it lasts forever and its so deep its like swimming in an ocean.<---lol anyway I never know how to say things without sounding strange.

It still awes me the way our Lord uses CFnet for the betterment and support of our membership!

I cannot begin to estimate the number of times I've been blessed by someone's thread or post. I merely thank our Lord for His blessings!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back