Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hair: how short have you gone? how long?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That's the truth.

I didn't think it was the long hair but the lack of bathing, lol.

I think long hair on a woman is a badge of femininity. Love it! Why do women usually seem to chop their hair as they get older? Ease of maintenance?

(So did you go to Woodstock Aardverk?)

E:

You got it.

Also, since a lot of men go bald, either progressively or all at once, by default or deliberately, their wives' hair is still likely to look quite a bit longer than theirs, even a spikey, tufty haircut that exposes the ears and neck.

PS: questdriven: What exactly were you referring to?

Blessings.
Hipsters are people who pride themselves for purposely avoiding anything that's mainstream, or wearing clothing styles from past decades. Something like that anyway.
On facebook you sometimes see memes where they put thick glasses on somebody, and the caption says something like "____ is too mainstream. I'm _____." Like there was one of Pochinhantis (sp?) with thick glasses, and she was like "Oil paints are too mainstream. I paint with the colors of the wind."

Hipsters are people who pride themselves for purposely avoiding anything that's mainstream, or wearing clothing styles from past decades. Something like that anyway.
On facebook you sometimes see memes where they put thick glasses on somebody, and the caption says something like "____ is too mainstream. I'm _____." Like there was one of Pochinhantis (sp?) with thick glasses, and she was like "Oil paints are too mainstream. I paint with the colors of the wind."

questdriven:

Oh okay. :)

Ty.

Blessings.

Can I just answer a few of the points raised:

No, I didn't go to Woodstock.
No, I wouldn't call myself a hippie, it was just the style at the time.
No, the majority really were not into sex & drugs (some were but that has always been so). Most saw Jesus as a great example, not only of hair-style but attitude as well - "PEACE", "LOVE".
No, not everyone was work-shy and lived on maintenance.
No, I never lived in a tent, I loved the ideal of hippiedom but worked hard and rose to the top of my profession without cutting off my beard and long hair until I was 40. My main house is worth about $1million and the same applies to many of my long haired friends from those days. None of us were work-shy.
Yes, we were idealists, fed up with wars, aggression and unthinking pollution and destruction of the planet. Ecology and conservation were just as important as love and peace.
Yes, many people vilify and over-simplify what they don't understand.

Anyway, since a lot of men shave their head almost completely, women in comparison, even if they get a thorough haircut trimmed above the ears and collar, will still seem to have much longer hair in comparison.

(Two cents.')

Blessings.

Can I just answer a few of the points raised:
Worked hard and rose to the top of my profession without cutting off my beard and long hair until I was 40.

I wasn't implying *you* were living in a tent. I was just trying to say that it's easier to live with little material possession when you're young, but it gets harder when you grow older. Because you said you felt that all the material possessions or dependency of coporate materialism isn't what your generation dreamt about when they were young.

The very short cut I did for basic training and when I got sent to the desert ...

faeriecat: Doesn't the military barber do it, if the person concerned hasn't already made sure it's been done to specification?

I'm sure you would recommend the military as a career, and that the hair regulations shouldn't put people off.

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no such thing as "ex-Marines" (except for someone who's dishonorably discharged) and the M in Marine is always capitalized. The title of Marine is yours forever once you've earned it. I assume you mean veterans. Well, some veterans grow their hair out. I personally like to keep my hair short.

There's no such thing as "ex-Marines" (except for someone who's dishonorably discharged) and the M in Marine is always capitalized. The title of Marine is yours forever once you've earned it. I assume you mean veterans. Well, some veterans grow their hair out. I personally like to keep my hair short.

SemperFi: Sorry, a slight orthographic slip from a Canadian up here! :)

You guys do great.

I guess Marines no longer on active duty don't have to have the hair so short.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back