Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Hard freeze in Florida -update

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Father,

News reports tell us of frost, freeze warnings and hard freeze warnings that up across Florida, for the next two nights.

It is a difficult time for homeless shelters as they try to take in those who do not normally seek shelter. I ask that you provide for the homeless, and for those who provide for their needs.

History shows how just a night or two of freezing temperatures can do millions of dollars worth of damage to Florida crops, raising the prices of the produce in the weeks and months that follow. I pray that You would work a miracle for the farmers and citrus growers. Keep the crops safe and growing strong.
Also meet the needs of those working at fish farms, and bird and marine sanctuaries.

Thank you Father, for the refreshing chill, and for reminding us how blessed we are that we rarely have to deal with the hardships that come with the cold. I pray in the name of Jesus, and I thank you and praise you Lord. Let Your will be done. Amen.

Re: Hard freeze warnings in Florida

Lord, I pray that you will be with all the homeless people, may they all find shelter during these difficult days, also be with all the animals located in our cities that have no home or people to take care of them, be with them. Thank you Lord for all our many blessings at this moment especially our utilities.
Amen

Re: Hard freeze warnings in Florida

When I offered this prayer request, I had thought of trying to explain that a hard freeze in Florida, even for a few hours could be extremely devastating; just like an inch or two of rain can be devastating in the desert.

I gave it some thought, and decided that there would be too few people that knew what a inch or two of rain can do in the desert. News reports this week show the results of that. My prayers are with those who have suffered as a result of the flooding. What awful reports to hear of houses being under flood water that is freezing rather than running off! :o

An update on the Florida freeze: Strawberry growers suffered the most. An estimated 20% loss. Citrus growers believe that they got through this with little or no damage. Some are even claiming it to be a blessing, because the freeze kills off insects. :biggrin

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back