Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] hard routes

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jasonc

I have a long route for tomorrow and it not the hardest but its long. travis is doing my old route that will be a hard one for him.

Prayers for both you and Travis, jasonc . May our Lord bring the long route into reality so it seems to fly by quickly for you ... and for the hard route to go smoothly, without additional challenges, for Travis.

I will make it. just like the prayer over this as well I must figure what works for me when I do these routes. oh and we lost 180 meters to be inputed. so they will have to be read again.

Ouch! Having to read an additional 180 adds more to the work load.

Will it mean over-time pay ?
not for me. I will be one of the more senior guys. likely the senior meter reader. they will do it while the others are reading. that isn't much. if its meter rooms that can be done in 30 minutes if its the location mentioned.

30 minutes isn't so bad, then. (I was thinking in terms of houses and single-story, stand-along businesses.)

30 minutes isn't so bad, then. (I was thinking in terms of houses and single-story, stand-along businesses.)
they were found. the new guy pushed the wrong button when he downloaded them. so that part is done. the route for me was done and travis did ok. he finished the route with a few misses.

they were found. the new guy pushed the wrong button when he downloaded them. so that part is done. the route for me was done and travis did ok. he finished the route with a few misses.

Sounds like the new guy should have a 'Reset' button ....

Maybe we should check to see if the Russians returned the one they were given by Hilary Clinton ????

(sorry for off-topic ... but the thought of a reset button brought to mind that hilarious & pathetic scene.....)

Sounds like the new guy should have a 'Reset' button ....

Maybe we should check to see if the Russians returned the one they were given by Hilary Clinton ????

(sorry for off-topic ... but the thought of a reset button brought to mind that hilarious & pathetic scene.....)
I will give that Christian man hell tomorrow. lol

True. But eventually, the meter would be read & the bill updated. Wouldn't want to pay for 2 months on 2 bill ... a nasty thought.

True. But eventually, the meter would be read & the bill updated. Wouldn't want to pay for 2 months on 2 bill ... a nasty thought.
what they do is what is called estimate, that's all.they do that with the loonies who don't want us in their yard and don't allow us to read. th.en we cut them off for not allowing acess

Ah...talk about getting spoiled! Where I currently live, the meters are read every month. The city in which I lived before, six months were accurate meter readings - the other 6 months were estimates. Allegedly, keeping expenses down was the reason given for the estimates. However, that particular utility company seemed to enjoy buying full page ads in the newspapers to pat itself on the back for being fiscally responsible. Don't ask me the logic in that ... because I never saw any logic in it.

Ah...talk about getting spoiled! Where I currently live, the meters are read every month. The city in which I lived before, six months were accurate meter readings - the other 6 months were estimates. Allegedly, keeping expenses down was the reason given for the estimates. However, that particular utility company seemed to enjoy buying full page ads in the newspapers to pat itself on the back for being fiscally responsible. Don't ask me the logic in that ... because I never saw any logic in it.
how would they know if a meter went bad? I had one really go whacko, It was as I was checking the read as it read high. in a meter of seconds use 100kw. mind you it was digital and 100kw, man that condo had to be burning up something if that was the case. it wasn't. next month that meter was replaced.

They always estimated high during those months. Because of their practices, I chose to do their average billing program. I paid the same amount each month for a year. Then they would recalculate and a new rate established for the next year.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back