Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you ever used a Kindle?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's an electronic book that has a paper display (the screen looks like a book page) and can hold 1500 books on it. Amazon sells them and then sells the books. Some are really cheap and most are under $10. A lot are also free.

My mother-in-law includes me in her book rotation with her sisters and my father-in-law because we all are avid readers. She and her husband each purchased a Kindle and was showing me how it worked. I think she said it will keep the place of up to 6 books at one time so that a family can share it. This way, I can register other peoples' Kindles to my account and we can share books wirelessly. It saves paper (since you aren't buying an 800 page book, like I recently did) and considering that some books are only $6, it saves money once the initial cost has been made up for. I got the 2nd generation and cover for $330. I don't like big up-front costs like that, but in the long run, it's well worth it.

Oh that's neat, I looked it up after you said what it was. It looks like it would save a lot of shelf space :) Personally I don't read that much so I would never need one, but for those who do it sounds like a great idea.

Well, I did read the entire Twilight Saga in 21 days. That's appox. 2400 pages if I counted it correctly. I've been known to finish 6 books a week if I have them on hand.

And the nice thing is that some Kindle books are FREE!

I've never seen a Kindle but a couple of people I used to work with got Sony and....some foreign brand I can't remember. I'm interested in iRex's iLiad--very expensive (which is why I don't have one) but you can do markups which is absolutely essential for me when I read. But, I really do like paper too. An e-reader would be good for travel though.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back