Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Have You Fallen From Grace?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
cybershark5886 said:
Granville.....Sharp....Rule....

I said
Let me share with you Gods rule.

John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
(NKJ)

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Squeakybro said:
I said
Let me share with you Gods rule.

John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
(NKJ)

Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

Right, and you violate God's rule by thinking that you have knowledge beyond the words written which contradict its very content. You never did answer the two verses I quoted which call Jesus God. You can't ignore basic grammar by claiming some higher gnosis on the subject:

I said to you in the 'don't believe beyond what is written thread':

Then don't believe beyond this:

"...while we wait for the blessed hopeâ€â€the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13)

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours." (2 Peter 1:1)

I dare you to refute the Granville Sharp rule.

All the Granville Sharp Rule does is safeguard against misinterpretations gathered from an Enligsh translation for those who can't read Greek. God's word is all authoritive, this just makes sure you can't ignore that authority by convenient manip[ulations of English or any other language than the original.

I want your answer on the proper interpreation of Titus 2:13 and 2 Peter 1:1.

you said

Quote:
Then don't believe beyond this:

"...while we wait for the blessed hopeâ€â€the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13)

"Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours." (2 Peter 1:1)

I dare you to refute the Granville Sharp rule.

I said
What in the world do you think them say?? None of the people back then seen God without Jesus. They all knew that God was in Christ doing all the works. Look at Jude 1-4 if you cant separate them other two.

Titus 2:13
13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
(NKJ)

Jude 1:4
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 1:1
1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
(NKJ)

You seem to be hung up on the word "and". And is a word that can be taken two ways. What you need is alittle help with understanding. Jesus wasnt God but yet God chose to work through Jesus. God was with Jesus for awhile then God left Jesus.

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

Mark 15:34
34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
(NKJ)

God can work through you if you will just acknowledge the truth about Him.

Acts 17:26-28
26 "And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,
27 "so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;
28 "for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'
(NKJ)

Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(NKJ)

Back