Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Have you had a really embarrassing moment?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

Have you ever done or said anything outstandingly silly you would rather forget as well as everyone else that saw it?

The sort of thing you did where you would like the ground to swallow you up and hide you to avoid the embarrassment of it.

Mine,well one of them is this:

In my 20s studying electrical engineering at college a new craze called virtual reality gaming became popular. As this did a gaming arcade called intencity was created in a big shopping mall with these games in. It was a bit of a big deal and curiosity got the better of me so I went to it.

From the beginning of it I was suspicious of some lame space games getting re badged, and didn't have high hopes of anything spectacular to impress me.

Around the arcade was posters of the games with "NOW PLAYING" above them with the idea you purchase tickets to them at the ticket booth. Nestled in amongst them was a picture in exactly the same format with a cake, coffee and toasted sandwich this was an advertisement for nearby cafe but I did not realize this.

As son as I saw it i thought to myself Virtual eating!. Bring it on! Now how can they pull that off? man this is going to be impressive. Not like the lame space games in booths.

I went to the ticket booth got in a line and asked the girl in the ticket booth for a ticket to the virtual eating.. The look on her face and the people around me was so funny. I felt so stupid, and kind of ripped off at not being able to try virtual arcade game food eating.

My wife got so embarrassed.. I still live it down

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my farm and moved to this area in 1991. I met my neighbor, Dan, even before I bought the farm. There were two purchase options on the table. One was for the building site along with 20 acres. The other included an additional 67 acres of tillable land. In order for me to consider buying the whole enchilada, I wanted to secure a cash rent deal with a neighbor and I had approached Dan with my proposal. He agreed to rent my land and so I was able to buy all 87 acres. A couple years later we joined the church down the road and Dan has become a very good friend and a real Christian inspiration to me and remains so to this day.

Anyway, about five years ago after a Sunday church service I was shooting the breeze with some other neighbors and we were talking about farming. I don’t recall the exact conversation but in our conversation I tried to reference something about Dan and for some reason I could not for the life of me remember his name! I had known Dan quite well for over 15 years and suddenly I couldn’t remember his name. Luckily those I was talking to knew who I was trying to remember and so they introduced Dan to me again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back