Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study "He hath broken down the middle wall of partition" (Ephesians 2:14)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"He hath broken down the middle wall of partition" (Ephesians 2:14)

Many parts of the world are suffering from partition. Barriers of all sorts. Racial, religious, economic, ethnic, culture and even gender discrimination are surfacing up in an unprecedented way than never before. Development of ISIS (Islamic state), discrimination of people depending on their nationality and ethnicity proves the existence of big gigantic middle walls, which put partitions and barriers in the minds of people in the twenty first century. Most of the time the building blocks of these walls are made up of selfishness, which emerge as hatred and greed.

Selfishness originates from the love of the world. Scripture categorically denounced the love of the world. "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15). Thus, selfishness is purely ungodly to a Christian. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit" (Philippians 2:3). Where there is selfishness; violence, extremism and fanaticism become ways and weapons of implementing evil doings. "For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice" James 3:16). Jesus Christ tried to address this core issue of human nature and proclaimed that "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me" (Luke 9:23).

What should we do about it? How we address it personally? An anonymous Christian thinker once said, 'Christian life is a relentless fight against human instincts'. Understanding the persona of Jesus Christ as a human being is an embodiment of God's fight against human nature in its flesh. It was an establishment of the ideology that once Jesus Christ dwells in us, there is a chance to fight against the human desires and attain the state of holiness before God. "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" (Hebrew 2:18). This is the assurance Jesus Christ gives us. He asks 'Are you tempted daily?, I have gone through it and succeeded. Follow me'.

Through the sufferings and sacrifice, Jesus Christ rendered an opportunity to be near to God and His nature rather than to be abide in the human nature. "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us" (Ephesians 4:14). The partition that separated human nature with the nature of God. He abolished the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace (Ephesians 4:15). We are becoming the partakers of God's house hold.

How we can afford partition among us? God propose a philosophical concept of world as a single big country. All people are its citizens with equal rights. Nobody is superior than the other. Let us imbibe the notion of Love over hatred. Let us start value others greater than ourselves (Philippians 2:3).

"He hath broken down the middle wall of partition" (Ephesians 2:14)

Many parts of the world are suffering from partition. Barriers of all sorts. Racial, religious, economic, ethnic, culture and even gender discrimination are surfacing up in an unprecedented way than never before. Development of ISIS (Islamic state), discrimination of people depending on their nationality and ethnicity proves the existence of big gigantic middle walls, which put partitions and barriers in the minds of people in the twenty first century. Most of the time the building blocks of these walls are made up of selfishness, which emerge as hatred and greed.

Selfishness originates from the love of the world. Scripture categorically denounced the love of the world. "If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15). Thus, selfishness is purely ungodly to a Christian. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit" (Philippians 2:3). Where there is selfishness; violence, extremism and fanaticism become ways and weapons of implementing evil doings. "For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice" James 3:16). Jesus Christ tried to address this core issue of human nature and proclaimed that "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me" (Luke 9:23).

What should we do about it? How we address it personally? An anonymous Christian thinker once said, 'Christian life is a relentless fight against human instincts'. Understanding the persona of Jesus Christ as a human being is an embodiment of God's fight against human nature in its flesh. It was an establishment of the ideology that once Jesus Christ dwells in us, there is a chance to fight against the human desires and attain the state of holiness before God. "Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" (Hebrew 2:18). This is the assurance Jesus Christ gives us. He asks 'Are you tempted daily?, I have gone through it and succeeded. Follow me'.

Through the sufferings and sacrifice, Jesus Christ rendered an opportunity to be near to God and His nature rather than to be abide in the human nature. "For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us" (Ephesians 4:14). The partition that separated human nature with the nature of God. He abolished the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace (Ephesians 4:15). We are becoming the partakers of God's house hold.

How we can afford partition among us? God propose a philosophical concept of world as a single big country. All people are its citizens with equal rights. Nobody is superior than the other. Let us imbibe the notion of Love over hatred. Let us start value others greater than ourselves (Philippians 2:3).

O my good friend Sijo. The Truth just flows from your fingertips. This world that you and I are trapped in, gets it's power and advancement from divisions. Just look at the government of the USA. At it's basic core, there is division. Two Party, three party system of government, and on it goes. It seems that the more a politician can argue and cause divisions, the greater force he/she becomes in our society.

I am presently studying Revelation and I'm in chapter 19. Praise the Lord, He is about to change everything!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.

Love You Brother Sijo. :hug

God propose a philosophical concept of world as a single big country. All people are its citizens with equal rights. Nobody is superior than the other.

Where do you find those ideas in the Bible?

Genesis 10 is a list of the70 nations who were the descendants of Noah's three sons. There was never a concept of the "world as a single big country." That idea didn't formally arise until the era when Karl Marx wrote his Das Kapital.
The idea of citizenship is also a modern notion. Until the American and French revolutions, people were "subjects" of a monarch.
God appointed Judges to rule over Israel.
Then God chose David to rule over Israel.
And, according to Paul, God appoints the rulers of the earth. (RO 13:1-2)

The idea of "equal rights" is a very modern one. You won't find it in the Bible where slavery is presented as a fact of life.

You are attempting to insert modern political notions into an ancient, middle eastern text where those ideas are completely foreign.

The "dividing wall" that was broken down by Jesus was the division between Israel, as the people of God, and the Gentiles, who were excluded from the community of God. Jesus made an intimate relationship with God as HIs children, His bride, His priesthood, etc. available to all nations.

my 2 kopecks
iakov the fool

Hi Jim. I don't know much about you so I have to be careful how I respond. Personally, I feel that you missed altogether what Sijo was attempting to put across. In his behalf, he was putting forth an ideal. The ideal of unity that is in the heart of our Heavenly Father....You ask, "where do you find those ideas in the Bible?" My reply to you is where do you not find them?

I have found, in the past, that when the author of a post is sensing the power of the Holy Spirit and writes down his/her thoughts, I have to be led by the same Spirit to understand the writings.

Where do you find those ideas in the Bible?

iakov the fool

You are correct......
Those "equal rights" ideas he posted are not Biblical.
As a matter of fact the only thing that is Equal, is that God offers salvation to everyone, equally.
Other then that, God created the "world" to operate like this...

Acts 17:26
"""And God hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;""" .... and once a culture leaves its "bounds of habitation" and tries to integrate within a different pre-existing culture, you have created a situation that will never be right.
Cultures do not mix.
Its impossible.

Hi Jim. I don't know much about you so I have to be careful how I respond. Personally, I feel that you missed altogether what Sijo was attempting to put across. In his behalf, he was putting forth an ideal. The ideal of unity that is in the heart of our Heavenly Father....You ask, "where do you find those ideas in the Bible?" My reply to you is where do you not find them?

I have found, in the past, that when the author of a post is sensing the power of the Holy Spirit and writes down his/her thoughts, I have to be led by the same Spirit to understand the writings.

Perhaps I did miss his point. But one world-wide nation of citizens all having equal social status and authority are utopian ideas that is not found anywhere in scripture.

Otherwise Jesus would not have said that "nation would rise against nation." The very word "gentile" means "nations."

And, in Israel, there has always been someone who was the ruler; whether it was Moses the prophet, or the judges, or the kings. They were all ordained by God.

Jesus also said that we would always have the poor with us and no rich person was condemned for being rich though he might be condemned for oppressing the poor and failing to be generous with the wealth he had. And there were slaves all the way through the time of the apostles writings. Paul told slaves that, because they were believers, they were to be even more diligent in obeying their masters as a witness to their being a child of God.

To mix utopian notions in with scripture is to add to the scriptures and to distort them. That makes me nervous; it's what Satan did to Adam and Eve in the garden and what he has been doing ever since because it works for his purpose of getting believers distracted from their goal to which they were called heavenward.

The things he was talking about will not come to pass until after the Lord returns and, even then, there will be nations and kings.

Rev 21:24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.

my 2 kopecks
iakov the fool

Thanks Cooper for your support and encouragement. It does mean a lot to me. Please keep me and my weary soul in your prayers.

Thanks again.

Thanks Cooper for your support and encouragement. It does mean a lot to me. Please keep me and my weary soul in your prayers.

Thanks again.

Your are very welcome my friend. We will get what you proposed when Our Lord of lords and King of kings returns to set up His Kingdom. Then the divisions will cease. Even so Lord Jesus, come!

Back