Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Health issues Cost Me My Job, Need Prayer Please

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

mcorton

Hi folks and thanks in advance for the prayers. Sept 11th I had a major heart attack. In November 2008 I had to have a defibrilator /pacemaker installed. I was unemployed for 9 months. I was hired to provide security at a large corporation in the midwest. With absolutely no notice I was called this morning and told not to report to work because their insurance company couldn't insure anyone with cardiac histories. I don't even get my insurance through them but through my wife's policy which is much better as she works for a hospital. Our medications cost us about $300 a month just in Co-pays. My wife is diabetic and has been hospitalized about every three months. We need prayer that God will provide our needs and my wifes's comfort

I'm really sorry to hear about what you and wife are going through. I will be praying. Trust in our Jehovah Raphae who is able to heal and deliver, and Jehovah Jireh who will supply all your needs.

:pray :pray :pray

Sorry you and your wife are going through such a rough time right now. I prayed for you and will continue to pray for you and your family. Please keep us all updated on your situation.

That's sad to hear. What's odd is that you weren't even opting into your company's healthcare plan. Why would this be an issue for you in this case? I'm always suspicious when I hear stories like this at this time that companies aren't using this as an excuse to thin the heard or eliminate you for another reason.

Prayers man. I've been on the losing side of a lay-off. Just know that you are Loved and Cared For, and let that knowledge get from your head to your heart. :pray

mcorton:

I hope it goes okay for you with the cost of the meds. (Don't I know all about it...)

Tina:

I love those titles, Jehovah Rophi and Jehovah Jireh. Makes for an interesting study.

Hi folks and thanks in advance for the prayers. Sept 11th I had a major heart attack. In November 2008 I had to have a defibrilator /pacemaker installed. I was unemployed for 9 months. I was hired to provide security at a large corporation in the midwest. With absolutely no notice I was called this morning and told not to report to work because their insurance company couldn't insure anyone with cardiac histories. I don't even get my insurance through them but through my wife's policy which is much better as she works for a hospital. Our medications cost us about $300 a month just in Co-pays. My wife is diabetic and has been hospitalized about every three months. We need prayer that God will provide our needs and my wifes's comfort

Mcorton

I am praying for you. In God's love

That is just horrible! I will pray for you, but in the meantime I think you have been dismissed on illegal grounds so you should contact the labor board NLRB :: National Labor Relations Board and challenge this. According to my understanding of the law a person cannot be discriminated against or hired/fired based on health.

Back