Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

Swordfairy

Has anyone REALLY thought about heaven?
No, I don't mean just wondering what it will be like, I mean REALIZING (or trying to :biggrin )what heaven actually is.
If you REALLY think about it, it's AMAZING isn't it? Perfection!
It almost makes me want to kill myself :-D

Yea I've thought a bout heaven. It's actually one of my favorite subjects. What I found most interesting was that heaven is a physical place. Heaven isn't just some place we go when we die if we are true followers of Christ. The Bible talks about it in Revelation. Some things that I think are pretty cool... Like heaven's 12 gates are each made from a different pearl. :o , and the gold in heaven is in its purest form which is as clear as glass. The Bible also says that heaven is built on 12 foundations. Each foundation a different type of jewel or gem :crazyeyes: . The great thing is thats only the beginning the Lord will only have the best for his children.

Swordfairy said:
It almost makes me want to kill myself :-D

I wanna see heaven but I wouldn't go that far :wink: heavens not goin anywhere.

besides if you kill yourself you wouldnt go to heaven anyways. i would rather stay here and work on getting more jewels in my crown. lol. :-D

idk if you would go to hell if you kill yourself, that one of those mysteries. Not that im gonna kill myself but you get the picture.

Heaven is such a wonderful place to think about. I hope to see you all there! :-D

I have thought about it on numerous occasions and it seems to be a great place; the only thing that bothers me is how materialistic it is. Streets of gold? Gates made of pearl? Mansions? :-? Honestly, these things in themselves have no worth other than looking nice here on earth, so what value could they possibly have in the Kingdom of God?

Blazin Bones said:
Well, if God is the Lord of all, what is wrong with him ornating his kingdom with these creations of his?
There's nothing wrong with it per se; it just comes off as extremely materialistic: most likely because of that descriptions authors own desires reflected on his imagination of heaven (was it Paul?).

By the way, that's similar to the argument people make about cannabis. "God made it right? So it MUST be good!"... No.

Not quite so similar...God made cannibals so they must be good is completely different from the idea that God has chosen to ornate his kingdom with some of the more flashy creations He has made.

One suggests that the things which have become evil about this world are still found as good. The other suggests that God has made certain things more elegant than others and has chosen to represent his kingdom with these elegant things, sggesting it's granduer.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back