Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Hell Payment for others sins?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Each person stands before the Great White Throne, all by themselves, and their "works" that are written down in a book will be what Jesus looks at, and He will judge them because of what they did in their lifetime. If they are homosexuals they will be judged individually.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:25 "Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men
working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

A lot of Theologians feel the the "death" in verse 32 is aids which will never see a cure.
I agree with your point. My question is not referring to the homosexual community.
What I don't understand, is if there is no consequence after (the un-saved) death, in the Great White Throne Judgement over them becoming one with every one they had sexual incounters with.
OK I'll re-phrase the question. Why doesn't the Lord want sexual freedom?
Why the verse "not to connect Him to "UN-convanent relationships" if their is no EXTRA judgement, or more severe judgements. Why (according the our Lord) does He command that we not become one sexually (I am assuming in other ways as well, like spiritually) to others.
Let me make it clear. I have no problems with adultery, fornication, or homosexuality.
These sins do not tempt me.
I am wanting to understand the "root or deeper meaning" of my Lords command.
I ponder this question when i reflect on everyone I've known in my life that were or are now involved in sexual immorality.
Many of whom believed they were Christians, (though there was no evidence),
and others who believe they are Christians now, ( but there is no evidence) and others in my life (atheist).

These questions of yours are very serious and far reaching. First of all, we need to understand that any sin is an attack upon a Holy God. It grieves the heart of God our Father, Jesus our Savior, and quenches the mission of the Holy Spirit Who is in us, and indirectly causes Him to be a witness to our sins which He hates.

You asked....
Why the verse "not to connect Him to "UN-convanent relationships" if their is no EXTRA judgement, or more severe judgements

Just like us, born again Believers in Christ Jesus, our "Works" during our Christian years are recorded in Heaven. Little works mean little rewards, and for the unsaved, little sins mean little punishment. Now, I'm using the word "little" for an illustration. All sin is disobedience against God Himself.

I believe that in the Lake of Fire, there are levels of punishment. For the little old lady who never trusted in Jesus for Salvation but lived a very moral life. Her punishment won't be as bad as a serial rapist or a prostitute. There are levels of rewards for the Christian, and levels of rewards for the non Christian.

I hope this helps. If not, keep asking.

These questions of yours are very serious and far reaching. First of all, we need to understand that any sin is an attack upon a Holy God. It grieves the heart of God our Father, Jesus our Savior, and quenches the mission of the Holy Spirit Who is in us, and indirectly causes Him to be a witness to our sins which He hates.

You asked....

Just like us, born again Believers in Christ Jesus, our "Works" during our Christian years are recorded in Heaven. Little works mean little rewards, and for the unsaved, little sins mean little punishment. Now, I'm using the word "little" for an illustration. All sin is disobedience against God Himself.

I believe that in the Lake of Fire, there are levels of punishment. For the little old lady who never trusted in Jesus for Salvation but lived a very moral life. Her punishment won't be as bad as a serial rapist or a prostitute. There are levels of rewards for the Christian, and levels of rewards for the non Christian.

I hope this helps. If not, keep asking.
I see you're Baptist. One of my favorite denominations. Word strong and level headed.
I agree with all you say, though because I've never have researched the subject, I don't know if there are any scriptures, confirming our beliefs. You don't need to post them if there are.
My OP thoughts were that: perhaps Lake of Fire might be eternal because of all the soul or spirit connections that are made through sexual immorality, as the Bible says. And that is why this particular sin is so often mentioned as being against ones own body and also appearing in Revelations as the sin that one of the churches members, are indulging in.
To conclude Chopper, there is no mention (in scripture) of paying for the sins of others that so many have joined as one in. (Referring to the un-saved). At this time I have no scripture reference either.
Obviously, it's serious enough though due to the warning from Jesus : verse 21 I gave her time to turn to me and change the way she thinks and acts, but she refuses to turn away from her sexual sins. 22 Watch me! I’m going to throw her into a sickbed. Those who commit sexual sins with her will also suffer a lot, unless they turn away from what she is doing. 23 I will kill her children.

First of all, we need to understand that any sin is an attack upon a Holy God.
I disagree.
Paul said, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Ro 3:23) We were created in God's image and likeness. Our sin is a distortion of that image and likeness.
The word sin literally means "to miss the mark." (As with an arrow)
It is not an attack; it is a failure to perform in accordance with the manufacturer's (God's) design specifications. And those specifications are: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10)
So when you ask your little boy if he's been in the cookie jay after you just told him to stay out and, in spite of the chocolate and cookie crumbs around his mouth, he says "No.", he still didn't just attack Holy God. (or you?) What he did was fail to rise to the standard of behavior for which he was created. He was created to act just like God as Jesus did.

jim

I disagree.
Paul said, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," (Ro 3:23) We were created in God's image and likeness. Our sin is a distortion of that image and likeness.
It is not an attack; it is a failure to perform in accordance with the manufacturer's (God's) design specifications. And those specifications are: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." (Eph 2:10)
So when you ask your little boy if he's been in the cookie jay after you just told him to stay out and, in spite of the chocolate and cookie crumbs around his mouth, he says "No.", he still didn't just attack Holy God. (or you?) What he did was fail to rise to the standard of behavior for which he was created. He was created to act just like God as Jesus did.

jim
That seems like a difference in metaphors and nothing more.

I disagree.

jim
Well, I guess that I have a very serious view of sin. I think it was David that said that he sinned against God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back