Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello all!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Johnny916

I decided to join the forums to ask Christians what are their views om Judaism and Jewish law. Maybe other questions as well. I'm here to ask questions and answer questions. I have no real interest in becoming a Christian. I don't hate Christianity I just love Judaism.

Welcome to the forum. :waving

You will find a very mixed bag of replies here on your topic of interest. I wondered the same thing The Lords asked: are you Jewish?

My step-dad was raised with Judaism. He converted to Christianity, but I believe his parents still practise it.

I have to ask... Can you speak any Hebrew? :biggrin

My step-dad knew a little, but only the prayers and the word "Tuchas" ... I think that word was originally Yiddish but later on got accepted into the Hebrew Language.

Anywho, welcome to the forum!

My step-dad was raised with Judaism. He converted to Christianity, but I believe his parents still practise it.

I have to ask... Can you speak any Hebrew? :biggrin

My step-dad knew a little, but only the prayers and the word "Tuchas" ... I think that word was originally Yiddish but later on got accepted into the Hebrew Language.

Anywho, welcome to the forum!

I'm learning Hebrew and Biblical Hebrew. Yes, I'm converting to Modern Orthodox Judaism. My passion and guide is G-d.

I'm progressing to becoming a Jew. I would have to do a lot to become a Jew. Modern Orthodox.
well then obviously your mother isnt a jew. if she was you would be a jew.one can be a jew that doesnt follow the faith but the other doesnt quite work.

anyway welcome. i am jewish in lineage and born again. my mother is gentile so like you i'm not a jew. i carry the jewish name though.

I'm learning Hebrew and Biblical Hebrew. Yes, I'm converting to Modern Orthodox Judaism. My passion and guide is G-d.

How interesting. :)

I have to ask (with respect) - Why do people write "G-d".

I have heard two different sides about this. 1.) His name is sacred, so it is respectful to write G-d. 2.) That is not his real name, so they write G-d.

How interesting. :)

I have to ask (with respect) - Why do people write "G-d".

I have heard two different sides about this. 1.) His name is sacred, so it is respectful to write G-d. 2.) That is not his real name, so they write G-d.
so as to not break the third commandment.

so as to not break the third commandment.

Interesting. Again everything I say is out of respect and curiosity. :biggrin

Do you think it is using his name is vain when we write G-d without the (-) and with an 'o' instead? Say we are writing a question about Him, or saying we love Him. Would that be using Him name in vain according to you view?

Also, if you think about it, if you call Him G-d, it is like you calling me human being. People use the term 'god' for any higher being. From what I understand, that is the "name" we have given Him. I think His name is "YHWH" ... ?

Sorry, I am a curious person, and I love to hear what others think. :tongue

Interesting. Again everything I say is out of respect and curiosity. :biggrin

Do you think it is using his name is vain when we write G-d without the (-) and with an 'o' instead? Say we are writing a question about Him, or saying we love Him. Would that be using Him name in vain according to you view?

Also, if you think about it, if you call Him G-d, it is like you calling me human being. People use the term 'god' for any higher being. From what I understand, that is the "name" we have given Him. I think His name is "YHWH" ... ?

Sorry, I am a curious person, and I love to hear what others think. :tongue
the jews dont use the tetragrammation at all to my knowledge but rather from the one i talk too. its heshem(the one God) that is used.

the jews dont use the tetragrammation at all to my knowledge but rather from the one i talk too. its heshem(the one God) that is used.

jasoncran-
Interesting. Thank you :)

I had to look up "tetragrammation"... haha. Well, the it said God gave his name as "אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה" meaning "I am that I am"... if that even is a name...? I am not sure where YHWH comes into play, though.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Johnny916.

jasoncran-
Interesting. Thank you :)

I had to look up "tetragrammation"... haha. Well, the it said God gave his name as "אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה" meaning "I am that I am"... if that even is a name...? I am not sure where YHWH comes into play, though.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, Johnny916.
exodus 3. i am the LORD thy God. that word LORD used in the kjv and all from the tr/masoretic text use that. the YHWH is there in the ancient texts.Its his revealed name as all others are convenant names ie jehovah jireh,jehovah shalom. jehovah nissei etc.

I decided to join the forums to ask Christians what are their views om Judaism and Jewish law. Maybe other questions as well. I'm here to ask questions and answer questions. I have no real interest in becoming a Christian. I don't hate Christianity I just love Judaism.

Welcome Johnny, it`s great to have you! Please feel free to ask any questions. You will probably get all sorts of answers, but I will tell you from the get go that I love Jews because Christianity`s whole foundation is based on Judaism. In fact, some would say that Christianity is Judaism in its most complete form because Jesus is the promised Messiah to the Jews.

Welcome Johnny, it`s great to have you! Please feel free to ask any questions. You will probably get all sorts of answers, but I will tell you from the get go that I love Jews because Christianity`s whole foundation is based on Judaism. In fact, some would say that Christianity is Judaism in its most complete form because Jesus is the promised Messiah to the Jews.

There are many substantial and vital distinctions between Judaism and Christianity. Of course, there are many similarities as well, primarily because Christianity emerged from Judaism. However, the emergence was not a direct line. Christianity broke from Judaism, forming a new religion, so it is misleading, however comfortable the thought might be, to believe that the two religions are essentially the same, or to see Christianity as the natural continuation of Judaism. More on this later!!

Back