Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello all!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
its heshem(the one God) that is used.

I just wanted to clarify for Nicole, since she was the one asking about all of this, the word "Hashem" that Jews use to refer to God technically means "The name."

There are many substantial and vital distinctions between Judaism and Christianity. Of course, there are many similarities as well, primarily because Christianity emerged from Judaism. However, the emergence was not a direct line. Christianity broke from Judaism, forming a new religion, so it is misleading, however comfortable the thought might be, to believe that the two religions are essentially the same, or to see Christianity as the natural continuation of Judaism. More on this later!!

I agree with you, but I think it is important to note that Jesus did not come to create a new religion.

What do you believe about Jesus?

I have thought that your username is interesting from the beginning. :) I don't know if this was your intention with selecting it, but.....

John 9:16 "Therefore some of the Pharisees said, 'This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.' Others said, 'How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?' And there was a division among them."

I just wanted to clarify for Nicole, since she was the one asking about all of this, the word "Hashem" that Jews use to refer to God technically means "The name."

I agree with you, but I think it is important to note that Jesus did not come to create a new religion.

What do you believe about Jesus?

I have thought that your username is interesting from the beginning. :) I don't know if this was your intention with selecting it, but.....

John 9:16 "Therefore some of the Pharisees said, 'This Man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath.' Others said, 'How can a man who is a sinner do such signs?' And there was a division among them."

My female friends call me Johnny and 916 is my area code. I'm from Sacramento, California. Well it did become a religion in my view. You know? We're more alien then Judeo-Christian. Let's keep this thread about introduction. I wrote another thread about Ask a Jew. Reply there with questions!

Back