Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello All

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Karl

My name is Gene, I ran across this forum from a reference on another forum, I've spent some time reading the threads here before joining and like what I see, what tipped the scales for me to join is the absence of ads for mediums, lose belly fat, get you fortune read, etc at the bottom of every page, ...on a supposed Christian forum.

The Lord started His awaking process in my spirit in June of '82, I was given a Bible and found it all boring, except the words in the back of the book written in red, for some strange reason I was drawn to read them every day (understand I'm of the hippie counterculture of the '60's and our slogan was ' God is dead'), then in '86 I felt I needed to start attending a church, I was greeted with open arm, during the first few months of attending I found myself in charge of the youth, teaching an adult bible study, helping out in Sunday School, organizing the men's breakfast and work day and playing in the worship band, then, on a Wednesday night in July of '86, the pastor was teaching Isaiah 40, ...when I read verses 5-8 the Holy Spirit brought it all together and revealed to me my sinful state and my destiny was Hell, ...I asked Jesus to forgive me and received the pardon He had provided for me, I was/am born again!

When people learn I'm in Tahiti they always ask how I got here, I was a native of California, a carpenter by trade, after I was born again I started listening to bible teachings on the radio and started to discern that there was a difference from what I was hearing on the weekdays, which now I understand was feeding my soul, and the potshots coming from the pulpit at the people that didn't agree with him, which caused a critical spirit in me, one day I prayed and asked the Lord to put me in a church that taught the way I was hearing on the radio, within a couple of weeks, because of a work opportunity, He moved me to a tiny church in Nevada where I learned about grace and experienced the love of Christ between the brothers and sisters that literally blew my mind, then in 1990 the Lord told me to go back to Moorea, the sister island of Tahiti (I had been there on vacation in '85 and the visit turn my world upside down, but that's a whole 'nother story), come to find out my Eve was here waiting for me (in '82 she started praying for an American husband, that loved working with children and played an instrument, she literally prayed me into the Kingdom, because I was a heathen living in debauchery in '82 and it took all of those years for the Lord to clean me up and prepare me for her), but on another island, however Father didn't bring us together until October of '94. To God be the glory, great thing He has done!

I could ramble on for hours, but I'll spare you and keep this short, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you this of Heaven, thanks for having me.

Gene

My name is Gene, I ran across this forum from a reference on another forum, I've spent some time reading the threads here before joining and like what I see, what tipped the scales for me to join is the absence of ads for mediums, lose belly fat, get you fortune read, etc at the bottom of every page, ...on a supposed Christian forum.

The Lord started His awaking process in my spirit in June of '82, I was given a Bible and found it all boring, except the words in the back of the book written in red, for some strange reason I was drawn to read them every day (understand I'm of the hippie counterculture of the '60's and our slogan was ' God is dead'), then in '86 I felt I needed to start attending a church, I was greeted with open arm, during the first few months of attending I found myself in charge of the youth, teaching an adult bible study, helping out in Sunday School, organizing the men's breakfast and work day and playing in the worship band, then, on a Wednesday night in July of '86, the pastor was teaching Isaiah 40, ...when I read verses 5-8 the Holy Spirit brought it all together and revealed to me my sinful state and my destiny was Hell, ...I asked Jesus to forgive me and received the pardon He had provided for me, I was/am born again!

When people learn I'm in Tahiti they always ask how I got here, I was a native of California, a carpenter by trade, after I was born again I started listening to bible teachings on the radio and started to discern that there was a difference from what I was hearing on the weekdays, which now I understand was feeding my soul, and the potshots coming from the pulpit at the people that didn't agree with him, which caused a critical spirit in me, one day I prayed and asked the Lord to put me in a church that taught the way I was hearing on the radio, within a couple of weeks, because of a work opportunity, He moved me to a tiny church in Nevada where I learned about grace and experienced the love of Christ between the brothers and sisters that literally blew my mind, then in 1990 the Lord told me to go back to Moorea, the sister island of Tahiti (I had been there on vacation in '85 and the visit turn my world upside down, but that's a whole 'nother story), come to find out my Eve was here waiting for me (in '82 she started praying for an American husband, that loved working with children and played an instrument, she literally prayed me into the Kingdom, because I was a heathen living in debauchery in '82 and it took all of those years for the Lord to clean me up and prepare me for her), but on another island, however Father didn't bring us together until October of '94. To God be the glory, great thing He has done!

I could ramble on for hours, but I'll spare you and keep this short, I'm looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you this of Heaven, thanks for having me.

Gene

Welcome Gene, this is a super Forum. Wow, from the 60s "Hey, what is reality mannn." Well, you've been around the barn a few times, it's always a blessing to me to have someone with a little age on them, I'm 73. I'm sure that you'll have fun and at the same time learn & exposite....so, what it is mannn.

Ha, ha, you forgot to add, what is reality mannn, puff, puff, cough, inhale through clenched teeth and finally exclaim, wowww, that's some good stuff! Not, how stupid I was!

Nice to meet you Paul and thank you for the welcome.

Gene

Hi Brother Gene and welcome to our fellowship. Please feel welcome to enter into blessings of participation in the things of God with brethren of like faith. I enjoyed your testimony in Jesus' name. :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I don't have any Christian friends, except for members of my wife's family, so it will be a pleasure talking and sharing with you.

Blessings,

Gene

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I don't have any Christian friends, except for members of my wife's family, so it will be a pleasure talking and sharing with you.

Blessings,

Gene

In some parts of the Country it is hard to find real Christians. A friend of mine left North Western Massachusetts, sold his house and moved to Campville Kentucky so that he could be surrounded by Christians (old school). It will be our pleasure to read your threads & posts. Jump right in, the water is just right.

In some parts of the Country it is hard to find real Christians. A friend of mine left North Western Massachusetts, sold his house and moved to Campville Kentucky so that he could be surrounded by Christians (old school). It will be our pleasure to read your threads & posts. Jump right in, the water is just right.

Tell me about it!

I'm pretty much considered a freak by most, if not all of the people here and lots who I talk with on the forums, because the Lord spoke to me, gave me Hab 2:4, the just live by faith, before coming here, as I was walking out the door to go to the airport a dear sister in the Lord called me, she said, "Gene, you know me, I don't do this, but I feel in my heart the Lord wants me to give you this verse, it's Hab 2:4." I could write a book (s) on how the Lord has blessed me, protected me, warned me, healed me in the twenty-three years I've been here, truthfully every day has been a walk of faith with Him providing my daily needs. He gave me three conditions for coming here, (1) I was to go on a one way ticket, which is impossible for a non French citizen, (2) I was to come without any official papers that would allow me to stay, no visa, no green card, (3) I was not to accept any support from any person or church, I arrived here without a penny in my pocket, I never bought a return trip ticket the six years I lived here before my wife applied for my French citizenship, incidentally, all of the records of 25-30 other non French citizens that applied for naturalization were lost, I was the only non French citizen that was naturalized in '97, so when others talk about faith it's mostly head knowledge rather than actual experience, twenty three years of experiences, so I guess I am a freak. LOL

The other side of the coin is I was taught to be a Berean Acts 17:11, so every "Christian" church we have visited is doing their own thing and when I ask them where do they find that in the Word, well, ...I been kicked out of most of the churches here. It's really quite sad, there is only a population of 350,000 in all of French Polynesia, but yet we have all of the cults, new age, eastern mysticism and all of the popular apostate doctrines floating around in the church today, we even had a muslim inman that wanted to build a mosque here!

Sorry, I'm rambling again,

Gene

Taking a few liberties with ol Hank :rocking

Sometimes it's har-rd but you gotta understand
When the Lord made me, He made a Ra-amblin' Man

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back