Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello all

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thank you Reba. A little more background real quick.
I have been a member of an atheist group online and to be honest, I just can't stand those people.Lol
I would consider myself a very conservative minded agnostic/atheist. The atheists that I have had the pleasure of interacting with are so far left, lack of religious belief is the only thing we have in common, and since it is a lack of belief then who cares. It's not enough of a tie to have to listen to their bashing of religious people.
They preach tolerance so strongly, but are completely intolerant of anyone right of center.
I could blabber on all day about it, but the bottom line is that I align more closely in my beliefs with religious people than not.
So here I am. Not here to debate religion so don't try to convert me! Lol

Hi Indiana Guy
I speak to a lot of atheists. It's like you said. They're so open minded, until they find someone who doesn't agree with them and then the brain shuts down!

So guess what? We ALL were agnostic before we got to know God. Did you ever think of this?
You're welcome here. Just be honest and open.
What will be will be. Whether you believe it or not, God has a plan.

I like being a part of that plan...
(as we all are).

Wondering

Hi Indiana Guy, and you most certainly are welcome. I do hope you find reason with us to establish what you do believe, what is worth searching deeper into, and what is advantageous to your life. :wave2

Hi. Welcome to CFnet. I'm one of those left wing Christians, but...I know where you're coming from. Lots of people preach "tolerance" and "open-mindedness" and such, but they prove themselves to be intolerant and anything but open-minded when it comes to thoughts+beliefs+ideology they don't care for.

I hope you like it here. We try to be hospitable to all kindsa people, and usually that works out nicely. Sparks sometimes fly on discussion boards, but overall...decent people, good place.

Evening Mr Indiana Guy.

It's a pleasure to meet you and looking forward to spending time with you.

True story for you. I play a game over wifi with a guy and have been doing so for the last couple years. He is an atheist and knows I'm a Christian. He often takes the mickey out of me and we have lots of chats. We've grown to love each other and he has often allowed me to pray with him, send him prayers and he often asks for prayer.

I've been struggling over the last couple of weeks with eye issues which has got me down. He has noticed. Last night he sent this.

Where there is God there is hope.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back