Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from Down Under! :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Problems are caused when people think they know good or evil, not life, desire or want.
But that's not an excuse to change the meaning of common words and make your speech unintelligible. You are simply inviting controversy and division when you do that. Not to mention that "want" and "desire" are synonymous, so in your code you are actually equating Jesus to sin.

But that's not an excuse to change the meaning of common words and make your speech unintelligible. You are simply inviting controversy and division when you do that. Not to mention that "want" and "desire" are synonymous, so in your code you are actually equating Jesus to sin.
Stop shooting me with bullets Obadiah.

Sorry, but you're being illogical and if you continue it will get you in trouble. It's your choice, but if you want to use some kind of coded speech that only you understand, or you want to equate Jesus to sin on a Christian forum, you are free to do that. But there will be consequences.

Sorry, but you're being illogical and if you continue it will get you in trouble. It's your choice, but if you want to use some kind of coded speech that only you understand, or you want to equate Jesus to sin on a Christian forum, you are free to do that. But there will be consequences.
I did not say such a thing, I said that to me Jesus represents desire. Meaning that the relationship Jesus had with the father helps us to understand how to desire to have the same relationship with other people.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some Christian fellowship particularly with more mature Christians grounded in God that could help mentor me to grow in the faith...and also Christians who only knew God later in life...

I'm a 34yo asian female who did not grow up knowing God...however when I was very sick in 2010, Jesus came and revealed himself to me in a dream and touched me and just before I woke up I heard a voice say "I am the way I am the truth I am the life" and when I was in waking consciousness I still felt that touch! (PRAISE GOD that he reaches out to those who wouldn't have found him otherwise!)

So anyway I had no church or christian background...In that instant my eyes were opened and I suddenly understood things that I would later read in the bible. Fast forward to now I did manage to attend a mature church for about 2+years and do some BSF studies and recently I did finally read the bible front to back and have been learning his word better slowly but surely, however I still feel very disorientated having grown up in the secular world and been surrounded by only secular people for the longest time...I find I no longer can relate to secular people to be close and understood as before, neither can I fully relate to people who have only been socialized with church upbringing since young...I'm only feeling the full brunt of realizing that to truly walk as a disciple and be a saint is incredibly difficult "in the world" especially in this current day and age and also at my age most people are preoccupied with anything but faith and spiritual matters! I feel myself stretched out of my comfort zone massively right now as God is calling me to a major leap of faith so I was really hoping to find some christian buddies for fellowship on here...currently my circumstances and location prevent me from being able to attend a church not that there are many christians in these parts anyway :sad

Anyway please get in touch if this spoke to you in any way.

Thanks and God Bless! ♥
Zoe

Welcome! Great testimony btw. And finding nurturing loving brothers and sisters in the Lord can be challenging but is definitely possible. Stay strong and continue to pray faithfully. God shall direct your path. Even when we feel low or just off, God will not forsake us. He is with you and will continue to be by your side. May our God grant you the peace you seek and strength to endure, even til the end. God bless you.

Problems are caused when people think they know good or evil, not life, desire or want.
So, "Problems are caused when people think they know good or evil, not God, Jesus or sin?" What do you mean by "problems," "caused," "people," "good," and "evil"?

I'm with Obaiah on this. We simply cannot go about giving whatever definitions we want to words or all communication is lost. There is no point in even trying to communicate.

So, "Problems are caused when people think they know good or evil, not God, Jesus or sin?" What do you mean by "problems," "caused," "people," "good," and "evil"?

I'm with Obaiah on this. We simply cannot go about giving whatever definitions we want to words or all communication is lost. There is no point in even trying to communicate.

Human language is spiritually dead and I don't trust the dead.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back