Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from Maryland!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

God&DogGirl

My name is Katie. I'm 20 years old and, as you probably guessed, I'm a Christian who loves dogs. A lot. I also love theater but I didn't want my user name to be too long. ;)

I am very much a Christian but I'm pretty open about beliefs. I believe all the basics but I'm not the kind of Christian who will gasp and pour holy water on you if I find you reading a Harry Potter book. Quite frankly, I find those annoying. I'm hoping to find a place in which I won't be judged because my media preferences are a little more open than most and won't be attacked for believing something different. I don't mind a good debate but there's a difference between debate and flat out condemning me because I believe I'll see my dog in heaven and you don't. But I doubt I'll find that here!!

Hope I can find a home here!

Thanks for sending me the debate. Very interesting. I got so many thoughts on that which I now can't share since it was like 4 months ago that someone replied. Might be a little weird to bump it up. But it's a firm belief, I know I will see my Gracie in heaven when I lose her in life. I'm not sure heaven would be quite as sweet without her. And I know a lot of people who agree (about their pets).

And thank you for the warm welcome. I got so much to share and I hope I don't get kicked off for saying I saw a spiritual lesson on Buffy (I did... which I can share if you all like). ;)

Last forum I was on, I was pretty much shot down for everything I said. Which is why I keep repeating myself. :yes

Oh dear, with the excitement I stirred today, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm banned by morning. :lol

Sorry to come off so forceful. I'm actually quite a shy person!! But I've been bottling questions.

Why would you be banned? :confused:

Hello there :waving

Don't worry, I think Heaven will have animals too. I expect my dogs to be there, waiting for a good scratch. Heaven is paradise, hard to be paradise without animals :thumbsup

I got so many thoughts on that which I now can't share since it was like 4 months ago that someone replied. Might be a little weird to bump it up.

Don't ever be afraid to bump something by posting a comment. Sometimes it only takes 1 fresh perspective to get it rolling again!:yes

Honestly, I am fully expecting to get there and find my Grace bounding up to me growling in the goofy way of hers and giving me a big hug. If she's not there, it wouldn't feel right to me. I know things will be different there... but I'm 99.9% sure our beloved pets will meet us in heaven. And some of the worship will involve the dogs who would step on the piano and howl along when they will alive.

I don't know, guess I'd be banned because it just now occurs to me I've been very sharp and outspoken. I can promise you I'm not usually like that. I'm just afraid I'll say the wrong thing, thinking before I speak (or type) is NOT one of my strengths.

Considering we have Jews, Muslims, and Atheists on this site, I highly doubt it will be you who bring on an inflammatory remark!

Where in Maryland do you live, if you don't mind? I have about half of my family living down in Maryland/Virginia.

DC area. I won't go into detail but we can drive to a nearby metro stop and spend a day in the nation's capital. Of course now the novelty and long since worn off so I never go anymore. :)

My uncle is like an hour from DC at the most. My cousins live outside of Baltimore and my other cousins live about five minutes from DC (on a military base).

And DC wore off for me a long time ago, roughly the first time I went there. Dirty, crowded, and noisy... no thank you.

Oh my goodness yes. It's disgusting. So is St. Louis. But I liked NYC when I went. I want to go to Los Angeles now. DC's museums are like "you've seen one, you've seen them all." Really boring. Though I'm not a museum person. My favorite one is the Lucille Ball one in Orlando. Lucy is a role model for me with comedic acting, since I am an actress myself.

Only city I have ever liked (of the "big name" ones) is San Diego. Clean, spread out, and it has a great atmosphere to the place. Oh and Boston. I love Boston. :biggrin

NYC, not so much. Only reason I'd go there at all is for some good Jewish cooking.

Yeah I've seen it at the local theater. Went for school. It was nice, but I don't have anything to compare it too.

The book was good though.

I thought the book was terrible. The musical is a different matter. I saw it on Broadway for a school trip. Best school trip EVER!! I have the soundtrack and I love listening to it. It's so good. And it has strong messages against prejudice and blame. Everyone should see it.

Hello Katie, and welcome to ChristianForums.net. I with you I have a pet bird (yellow parakeet) her name is tweetie, she brings so much joy to my life I hope to see her in heaven.

Now I love dogs, cats, and most mammals but, while some birds are wonderful, I wouldn't consider myself a fan, only because they're very noisy. But I still believe yours will be in heaven with you. :biggrin

Welcome!
Yes, of course our pets go to Heaven...Sheesh :)
And I spent alot of six years working all over back east, I don't like any of it! :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back