Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from TBI survivor

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

KevinK

Hello all. Not sure I fit in here yet, but I like the general energy. I'm a survivor of a Traumatic Brain Injury some 38 years ago. I was raised RC, but really only came to Christ after this long struggle with health problems. I guess that makes me born-again. I love being a Christian, and want to learn more and more about it.

Welcome to CFnet, KevinK :wave2 You'll get comfortable with us very quickly - we're a fun group with whom to join in fellowship. As you'll quickly discover, we're from all over the world, and at different phases in our growing relationships with our Lord. We're a fine family here at CFnet :thumbsup

Dealing with TBI is a challenge for which there is not an easy remedy. Loving and serving our Lord make that challenge easier to face. After all, He loves you dearly & will never abandon you!

Be blessed!

Hi Brother Kevin, and it's a real pleasure welcoming you among our Christian fellowship. Thinking back I came out of Catholicism too, but it was the result of Christian evangelism challenging me in the word of God with John 3:16. I'm sure if you followed their doctrines you was never assured that you were saved or not, and that scripture would allow no escape from the truth.

Now my brain problem was in yielding my life to a dedicated walk in Christ, but God had begun a work in me and He had my back as it were. When the fiery trial came to my life there was none other way to turn but to God's throne of grace and mercy in my time of need. I don't know your personal experience but while sitting in a dungeon of my own making there remained no way but up, and I began reading the bible as never before searching for each and every word of comfort I could find. Peace? I prayed, I promised, I begged and He never failed me. God was as the Father of Luke 15:11-32 waiting for me all the time, came running with the hug and a kiss, and giving me the peace that passed understanding.
May God richly bless you here among brethren of like faith. :wave2

Welcome Keven, we are happy to have you join us. I have found this gathering of Christian saints to be a wonderful blessing in my life. I have found knowledge of the scriptures, comfort, Christian love for the brothers/sisters no matter where they are in their walk with the Lord. We argue sometimes just like siblings do but love for each other through our Lord never fails.
God bless you in your walk with Him.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! There's a lot of interesting forums here. I have some reading to do this weekend.

One I noticed is the Men's Locker Room. What kind of stuff is in there? Should I ask for entry approval?

Hi Kevin, welcome, welcome, welcome! This is a great place to spend some quality spiritual time each day. I hope you really enjoy your time with us.

Welcome! TBI sounds rough, for lack of a better word, but...God saw you through! Its amazing, the backstories Christians have. I hope you like it here.

If I ask myself the question, "Would I have turned my life to Jesus had I not gone through this odyssey of sickness and pain", my only answer if I respond with honesty is "No". I would have remained arrogant and secular as I see many people, and would never have found the true path. If I am saved, then 100% of the credit goes to Jesus Christ, not me. I don't know if anyone has managed to save themself, I just know that I could not have.

Last edited:
Hello all. Not sure I fit in here yet, but I like the general energy. I'm a survivor of a Traumatic Brain Injury some 38 years ago. I was raised RC, but really only came to Christ after this long struggle with health problems. I guess that makes me born-again. I love being a Christian, and want to learn more and more about it.

A warm welcome KevinK.

Many blessings to you brother; I understand that what you went through was simply hellish...

I am new to these forums too and I trust you shall find everyone comforting and understanding.

God bless you.

:thumbsup

(edited;simplified) I had a concussion long ago and was totally out-of-it for months(my brother said; I don't remember), and it still shows up in the red bloods cells(a change occurs with any such injury, for life), and the blood banks won't take blood from anyone who has been unconscious (they said back in the 90's; don't know if it's still true, haven't checked).

Is that a form of TBI ?

Last edited by a moderator:
(edited;simplified) I had a concussion long ago and was totally out-of-it for months(my brother said; I don't remember), and it still shows up in the red bloods cells(a change occurs with any such injury, for life), and the blood banks won't take blood from anyone who has been unconscious (they said back in the 90's; don't know if it's still true, haven't checked).

Is that a form of TBI ?

Yes, it's a TBI. Back then (around when I had mine) they called it the less-menacing "concussion"; today it's mTBI, "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury" (it's considered mild if your brains don't plop out).

Yes, I definitely have given my life to Christ; however, I am somewhat unfamiliar with some of the terminology and had to guess that returning oneself over to Jesus means being born-again, and was not some more involved official ritual. Although the accident was 38 years ago, the born-again only happened within the past 4 years or so, when complications from the TBI began to manifest heavily

Yes, it's a TBI. Back then (around when I had mine) they called it the less-menacing "concussion"; today it's mTBI, "Mild Traumatic Brain Injury" (it's considered mild if your brains don't plop out).
Yes, I definitely have given my life to Christ; however, I am somewhat unfamiliar with some of the terminology and had to guess that returning oneself over to Jesus means being born-again, and was not some more involved official ritual. Although the accident was 38 years ago, the born-again only happened within the past 4 years or so, when complications from the TBI began to manifest heavily

Well I don't remember anything, but apparently , well, it was very very bad. That was likewise decades ago. 'Concussion' afterwards is just how I've thought of it - I was(they said) on the operating table long enough for Michael and Gabriel to go to heaven and back 77 times ! :pray:pray:pray:pray:pray:pray:pray:pray:pray:pray

You will have many struggles harder than the concussion, as you will see here and probably have seen and are starting to realize.
(religious struggles, staying free from 'official ritual' that is not subject to Scripture).
Those were the longest struggles of my life (more than the physical injuries).
If any of my experiences, or rather the answer Yhwh has for bringing us through, can be of any help, HOLLER' !
(Everywhere I've lived, 'official ritual' has been the most obstinate barrier against Christ born again believers, no matter what the group)

Hi guys. Here in the Greenfield, MA vicinity, there is a very high bridge over the Conn. river. Last Monday, a Christian man jumped to his death from that bridge. He had two concussions on different occasions. I was a part of the search team looking for his body. I was asked if his concussions would be TBI, and I said "I think so." I'm glad you reinforced that for me. As far as I know, his body has not surfaced. I'll go out again searching.

You will have many struggles harder than the concussion, as you will see here and probably have seen and are starting to realize.
(religious struggles, staying free from 'official ritual' that is not subject to Scripture).
Those were the longest struggles of my life (more than the physical injuries).
If any of my experiences, or rather the answer Yhwh has for bringing us through, can be of any help, HOLLER' !
(Everywhere I've lived, 'official ritual' has been the most obstinate barrier against Christ born again believers, no matter what the group)

Well, it was not my intention to initiate a discussion on "official rituals", although it would be a good topic for another time. I simply meant that I was unclear if I was using the term "Born Again Christian" correctly. And there is definitely no doubt in my mind anyway that I have given my life to Christ. I am unsure of the semantics, not my faith.

But it looks like I was correct in my usage, so we're all good to go!

Hi guys. Here in the Greenfield, MA vicinity, there is a very high bridge over the Conn. river. Last Monday, a Christian man jumped to his death from that bridge. He had two concussions on different occasions. I was a part of the search team looking for his body. I was asked if his concussions would be TBI, and I said "I think so." I'm glad you reinforced that for me. As far as I know, his body has not surfaced. I'll go out again searching.

Yep, you're good. As it stands now, concussions are considered a form of TBI, specifically mTBI or "mild" TBI. It's a horrible term that downplays the potential severity of any kind of brain injury, and simply means a brain injury not involving a breach of the cranial cavity. Most people now realize that the brain is an extremely delicate organ, and that even light physical trauma can result in severe and/or long-term health problems of amazing diversity.

Well, it was not my intention to initiate a discussion on "official rituals", although it would be a good topic for another time. I simply meant that I was unclear if I was using the term "Born Again Christian" correctly. And there is definitely no doubt in my mind anyway that I have given my life to Christ. I am unsure of the semantics, not my faith.

But it looks like I was correct in my usage, so we're all good to go!

we'll take a step at a time later, Yhwh willing, on other threads. mutual benefits in Yeshua's Life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back