Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello & my question.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
In my life time the truth of evolution has changed from evolving from monkeys to evolving from fish. Theory yes truth no.. All scientist do not agree on all topics... I guess i expect to 'see' science 'truths' as facts....

The science world cannot convince me their differing views of evolution are a 'truth'. To offer different theories as theories is way different than offering theories as facts.

I believe in the Lord by faith.
I do believe some science to be facts. A extremely simple example would be it is a fact there is a sun, moon, planets.
Most of this is way over my head so i will move on.... :wave
This shows how uneducated your thinking on evolution is. I am not calling you stupid, don't assume that. I am just saying that I think you have absolutely no study in this field, and absolutely no Idea that the overwhelming majority of scientists agree we evolved. It's a truth. We evolved. And if you want to deny that, go ahead, just don't force kids to listen to you, or deprive them of learning about the THEORY of evolution.

So a scientist would come up with a proposed explanation (maybe after a lot of work and false starts), and if it seems like it could be right it could be called a theory. Theories get tested (by, among other things, making new observations of nature and seeing if they are consistent with the theory)

Think the bit before the above is not clear but I think the above is essentially what you're saying.

I never say "it's just a theory" for the reasons you've put.
You are understating what a theory is. Theories do get tested, and tested, and tested. The testing doesn't stop. But it shows how much weight is given to a theory when something as evident as Gravity is a theory. It shows you what it is not, and that is an UNTESTED hypothesis.

I think I misunderstood you in my first response, I am editting this.

I was talking to Reba on that one.

In my life time the truth of evolution has changed from evolving from monkeys to evolving from fish.
False. Monkeys have never been sighted as being a direct link to the humans. Also early fish like organisms being the foundation of Reptile evolution had its foundation in the 19th century. I think you are referring more to modern discoveries of organisms that fit right into the phylogenetic chart that shows the connections between early fish and proto reptiles.

Theory yes truth no.. All scientist do not agree on all topics... I guess i expect to 'see' science 'truths' as facts....
Theories are based on known facts. Truths are philosophical explanations of facts.

The science world cannot convince me their differing views of evolution are a 'truth'. To offer different theories as theories is way different than offering theories as facts.
Your ignorance on the subject matter doesn't sway my understanding of the current facts either.

I believe in the Lord by faith.
I do believe some science to be facts. A extremely simple example would be it is a fact there is a sun, moon, planets.
Most of this is way over my head so i will move on.... :wave
Alright. Nice talking to ya. :)

I am no scientist one quick read and you see .. i dont have a lot of education. You spoke of truths . does truth change? I dont think so does learning yes.

In your rebuttal you have better stated my point...

:toofunny....nailed it.

It would not be called a theory, it would be called A HYPOTHESIS.

When the HYPOTHESIS gets tested, and tested(etc) then it becomes A THEORY.

I was talking to Reba on that one.

That's what it says just different wording. The hypothesis could become a theory but it has to be tested (and there are various means of testing)

That's what it says just different wording. The hypothesis could become a theory but it has to be tested (and there are various means of testing)

Then do what einstein says please:
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.

I deal with layman speak, its part of me being a tutor.

I was quoting from someone with a Ph.D and a B.S - they love their words :lol

Anyway, we're on the same page so lets acknowledge that and move on :wave

Alright. Good, at least me and you have a understanding of what a theory is, now... We have gotten waaaaaaayyyyy off topic.

Back