Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello to all

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

journeyman

I was called a preterist by someone on another forum. I never heard that term before, but from what little I've read, it seems to refer to a person who believes "end time" prophecy was fulfilled in the past.
Personally, I believe prophecy thought to be for a distant future time, is fulfilled in Christ in a constant sense. Anyway, I wanted to find a place to discuss and share and learn with other Christians without being ridiculed. Thanks. :)

I was called a preterist by someone on another forum. I never heard that term before, but from what little I've read, it seems to refer to a person who believes "end time" prophecy was fulfilled in the past.
Personally, I believe prophecy thought to be for a distant future time, is fulfilled in Christ in a constant sense. Anyway, I wanted to find a place to discuss and share and learn with other Christians without being ridiculed. Thanks. :)

Welcome.

Glad to have here.

Blessings to you and your family.

JLB

We have a sub section in the end times area for Preterism.

Preterist’s believe all Bible prophecy is past, and was fulfilled by the year 70 AD, with the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans.

Preterism basically mean “past”.

JLB

Thanks JLB.
I'm not a preterist then. What I'm seeing is how there are previous examples of things that are coming.

First, welcome to the forum. Second, I think discussions are healthy especially since they force us to think about what we believe and why. Since no one has a perfect theology, I think there's room for differing views as long as we stay within orthodoxy. Of course even that can be touchy!

Looking forward to the conversation.

Thanks Papa Zoom.
My views have changed a lot since I first believed in Jesus. If other believers see things differently It's ok because as you said, none of us know it all and God reveals things to all of us at different times.
It is important to really look at what our heavenly family is saying.

Welcome.

There is a lot of past prophecy fulfilled in the past. Just not all prophecy on a certain day for man. The prophecy Jesus fulfilled, does not have to be done over and over.

Hopefully discussions can occur. Our little boxes of belief need to be examined by others. Not destroyed but examined. We do see through a glass darkly. I use the welding goggles example. Almost blind at times till revelation arrives.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I agree eddif. I know our Lord doesn't have to sacrifice himself over and over, but as we follow him, we see how when this world hates us, it's because he's in us,

Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter. Psa.44:22

it's a taste of what our dear Lord went through for us.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back