Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

cedward1

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say hello. I am here in an attempt to strenghten my faith, prompted to do so by the realization the other day that I have not been taking my faith seriously enough.

I am currently dealing with the fear that I may be beyond repentance, in that my motivation for asking for forgiveness is purely from fear of Hell and not out of a love of God. I guess I just don't have the assurance that I used to have. Anyway, I am hoping to get some answers here to questions that I cannot seem to get resolved.

Hi Cedward.

Welcome to CFnet!

I think all Christians go through a phase where their motives are questionable. ;) I speak from experience. I once saw a testimony of a man that claimed to have gone to Hell whilst doctors were fighting for his life. It took my focus completely off my love for Jesus and my faith was then motivated by fear of eternal damnation.

We do have a Christian Talk and Advice forum where you can post your concerns. There are some amazing people here that will gladly assist as far as they can.

Back