Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Jgem

Hello. I am a middle aged woman who is pretty lost right now. I grew up going to a Baptist Church with my Grandparents when I was young but really haven't practiced any faith on a regular basis for over 20 years. I occassionally go to a fundamentalist baptist church with my daughter and her family but never really feel comfortable. I am not sure what I believe anymore. I pray, I try to do the right things, I give of myself when I can, I have worked hard and supported my family, etc...
I am having a hard time in my life right now and I want so badly to believe that God is watching over me but I have doubts and to be honest I don't even know where to start. I don't feel comfortable going into crowds of people that I don't know by myself and that is the reason I haven't been part of a church of any kind. The two churches I have been to with others (a Four Square church and Fundamentalist Baptist) just don't seem right to me.
I want God in my life but I don't know where to start. I have read some scriptures but don't know how they apply to life. I know this may sound strange but it's the way it is. Can I get guidance here?

Welcome to CFnet! :)

I'm glad you joined, and I pray that you will be Led to some answers here.

Hello. I am a middle aged woman who is pretty lost right now. I grew up going to a Baptist Church with my Grandparents when I was young but really haven't practiced any faith on a regular basis for over 20 years. I occassionally go to a fundamentalist baptist church with my daughter and her family but never really feel comfortable. I am not sure what I believe anymore. I pray, I try to do the right things, I give of myself when I can, I have worked hard and supported my family, etc...
I am having a hard time in my life right now and I want so badly to believe that God is watching over me but I have doubts and to be honest I don't even know where to start. I don't feel comfortable going into crowds of people that I don't know by myself and that is the reason I haven't been part of a church of any kind. The two churches I have been to with others (a Four Square church and Fundamentalist Baptist) just don't seem right to me.
I want God in my life but I don't know where to start. I have read some scriptures but don't know how they apply to life. I know this may sound strange but it's the way it is. Can I get guidance here?

Hi Jgem, welcome to CFnet, feel at home.:wave

I will be keeping you in my prayers. I hope that you receive the answer you are looking for. Keep praying and ask God to guide you and I'm positive He will. If you need to talk I am here for you.

Lolly

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back