Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hell's Population Clock

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Population Clock Update (59)

119 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 317,611 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,053,487 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.
______________ ______________ ______________

"I saw people sitting near the empty space, a little further away, on the ground. Here, my Master said : Go and see the state of them, so that you may take away a complete knowledge of this round. So I approached the melancholy souls.

Their grief was gushing from their eyes, they kept flicking away the embers and sometimes the burning dust, on this side, or on that with their hands; no differently than dogs do in summer— now with their muzzle, now with their paws —when bitten by fleas, or gnats, or horse flies.

I saw that a pouch hung from the neck of each that had an individual color, and an individual seal, and it seemed their eyes were feasting on it."

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto XVII, v.34-57

Dante encountered a group of usurers whom, in real life, he held in great contempt; believing that charging interest on a loan was a great sin. He believed industry should be man's sole means of his prosperity; and to go against this view, was to go against God.

His guide, Virgil, commented that industry is the child of Nature, and to act against Nature is a sin of violence against God because the Almighty decreed in Genesis that Man should obtain nourishment by means of the sweat his brow.

Shakespeare said : Kill the lawyers! Dante would have said : Kill the creditors!

†. Pro 22:7 . . Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrower is a slave to the lender.

CONTINUED > >
|

Population Clock Update (60)

121 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 322,9491 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,172,033 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

"On the sides and floor of the fosse, I saw the livid stone perforated with holes, all of one width, and each one rounded. From the mouth of each hole, a sinner's feet and legs emerged, up to the calf, and the rest remained inside. The soles were all on fire, so that the joints quivered so strongly that they would have snapped grass ropes and willow branches. As the flame of burning oily liquids moves only on the surface, so it was in their case, from the heels to the legs."

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, cante XIX, v.13-30

The rock-hewn socket holes in Dante's story represent baptismal fonts; which are like snug-fitting crypts with just enough room to permit inserting somebody down inside head first, upside down, and leaving their legs, from the knee, sticking up in the air; where their feet and calves are coated with flaming oil. Pinned thus head first, upside down, in the snug-fitting fonts, they're prevented from maneuvering to use their hands to beat the flames. The oily liquid represents the sacrament known as the last rites.

The sinners trapped thus in the holes are not from among ordinary rank and file pew warmers, no, but rather. from the ranks of clergy who practice simony (so named after Simon the Magus, Acts 8:9-24) which is defined as the buying or selling of a church office and/or ecclesiastical preferment and/or sacraments and benefices for personal monetary gain.

Peter warned of these kinds of church officers.

†. 2Pet 2:1-3 . . But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who covertly shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their d_mnation slumbereth not.

†. Jude 1:11 . .Woe unto them! for they have run greedily after the error of Balaam for reward

Balaam's story is located in chapters 22, 23, and 24 of the book of Numbers. Basically, Mr. Balaam was in religion to make money rather than to serve God and his fellow men. In the eyes of God, clergy like that have lost their minds.

†. 2Pet 2:15-16 . .Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; but was rebuked for his iniquity: the donkey, speaking with a human voice, forbad the madness of the prophet.

Continued > >
/

Population Clock Update (61)

124 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 330,956 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,349,852 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Some people say a man is made outta mud.
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood:
Muscle and blood and skin and bones,
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong.

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine.
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine.
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal;
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go;
I owe my soul to the company store.

Sixteen Tons
Tennessee Ernie Ford

Appalachian coal miners in the old days rented living quarters from the mine's owners and were forced to do all their shopping at company-owned stores. The prices in the stores, and the rents were so inflated that the miners rarely had any money to themselves since they were constantly in debt to their employers who paid miners barely enough to get by. Thus the miners were a kind of forced labor since the only way they could pay back their debts was to keep on digging coal. It was a veritable catch-22.

†. Jas 5:1-6 . . Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you!2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days. Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter.

Dante Alighieri depicts frauds simmering alive in boiling pitch while an ill-tempered horde of devils, like fiendish cooks in a French kitchen, tend to the submerged sinners with barbed hay forks making sure none bob to the surface for relief from the scalding temperature of their bituminous prison. (Inferno, cante XXI)

Continued > >
/

Re: Population Clock Update (61)

124 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 330,956 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,349,852 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

Some people say a man is made outta mud.
A poor man's made outta muscle and blood:
Muscle and blood and skin and bones,
A mind that's a-weak and a back that's strong.

I was born one mornin' when the sun didn't shine.
I picked up my shovel and I walked to the mine.
I loaded sixteen tons of number nine coal;
And the straw boss said "Well, a-bless my soul"

You load sixteen tons, what do you get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go;
I owe my soul to the company store.

Sixteen Tons
Tennessee Ernie Ford

Appalachian coal miners in the old days rented living quarters from the mine's owners and were forced to do all their shopping at company-owned stores. The prices in the stores, and the rents were so inflated that the miners rarely had any money to themselves since they were constantly in debt to their employers who paid miners barely enough to get by. Thus the miners were a kind of forced labor since the only way they could pay back their debts was to keep on digging coal. It was a veritable catch-22.

I was born and raised in a small logging town.
Western Oregon.
All the houses and the store were owned by the mill.
The store ran credit for all mill employees.

You seem like such an intelligent guy.
Your blog here is amusing.
For your sake I hope you are joking.

Population Clock Update (62)

126 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 336,294 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests7,468,398 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

"Down below we found a metal-coated tribe, weeping, circling with very slow steps, and weary and defeated in their aspect. They had cloaks of metal with deep hoods over their eyes, in the shape they make for the monks of Cologne. On they outside the cloaks are gilded so it dazzles, but inside all is leaden, and so heavy . . ."

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto XXIII, v.58-65

On the sixth level of the inferno, Dante and Virgil encounter a defeated army of hypocrites slogging along in a column something like the Bataan death march that occurred in the Japanese-held Philippines of WW2. These are not your average rank and file two-faced pew warmers, but rather, a special league of friars with whom religion played a major role in their condemnation. The cloaks of the hypocrites dazzle the eye of the beholder, but their glistering surface conceals the fact that the cloaks are made of cheap lead rather than a precious metal that their shine suggests to the eye. Thus the cloaks are not only heavy to bear, slow their wearer's pace, and bow their posture; but also serve to depict the religious hypocrite's worldly habit of hiding an evil nature beneath a virtuous and holy appearance.

Dante placed the hypocrites far down in the circles of Hell because to him, no sin can equal the deliberate cloaking of one's true character and feelings with a false aspect of piety, tolerance, or honesty.

The New Testament's koine Greek word for "hypocrite" is hupokrites (hoop-ok-ree-tace') which means: an actor under an assumed character (stage-player). Movie stars like Brad Pitt and Vanessa Redgrave are highly skilled hypocrites; and fans often cannot discern between the screen personas they depict, and their real-life characteristics.

The Pharisees of Jesus' day were the only hypocrites to whom he ever said to their face are going to Hell.

†. Mtt 23:33 . . Serpents! brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

Israel's Pharisees were highly respected spiritual leaders, and they practiced Moses' covenanted law meticulously. To look at them, you'd never guess that under a façade of piety, they were actually heartless, thoughtless, and cruel; which prompted the Lord to say the following words:

†. Mtt 9:13 . . Go and learn what this means : I desire mercy, rather than offerings.

The koine Greek word for "mercy" in that verse is eleos (el'-eh-os) which means: compassion; viz: the milk of human kindness; which was an element totally lacking in the Pharisees' repertoire of religious beliefs and practices.

I had rather be an atheist with a heart than a Christian with no heart. Christians are wont to boast, and boast, and boast that theirs is the one true religion: yet with no heart many of those same Christians are toxic as arsenic, being the offspring of deadly reptiles.

Continued > >
/

Population Clock Update (63)

129 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 344,301 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,646,217 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

†. 1Tim 3:11 . . Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips.

The koine Greek word for "malicious gossips" is diabolos (dee-ab'-ol-os) which means : a traducer; which Webster's defines as someone who exposes others to shame or blame by means of falsehood and/or misrepresentation.

Women can be very cruel. Back in 1965, the wife of a good friend of mine told her husband—along with her girlfriend; whom I happened to be dating at the time --that I went off on her with abusive language in a tirade. To defend myself and expose his wife for the liar that she was, would have meant deeply humiliating my friend; so I elected to keep silent and take the pain. Our friendship was of course ruined, and we parted.

A few months later, I was told they divorced. Like that was any big surprise. But that woman serves as an excellent example of a traducer; a person whose behind-the-back remarks about someone are fully intended to sully their reputation and cause others to lose respect for them. (cf. Gen 39:1-20)

Down in the ninth chasm of Dante's Inferno, canto XXVIII, are souls in the Sowers Of Discord, Scandal, and Schism categories. In life, these foul spirits destroyed innocent reputations and divided perfectly good alliances. Their punishment is interesting. They're condemned to walk an endless twenty-mile path. When they get to the end, a demon with an immense sword mutilates them in accordance with the degree of division they caused in life.

Some are disemboweled, some have arms, hands, and legs dismembered, some have their tongues cut off, some have their heads chopped off which they then carry with them like lanterns. As they progress along the path, their wounds heal and then the demon slashes them all over again in a perpetual round of mutilation and healing. Since these particular sinners were responsible for scandal and rift, therefore they are torn apart as they tore others apart in life. They are brutally split and mutilated in recompense for splitting and mutilating aspects of religion, politics, friends, and kinsmen.

†. Prv 6:12-15 . . A scoundrel and villain, who goes about with a corrupt mouth, who winks with his eye, signals with his feet and motions with his fingers, who plots evil with deceit in his heart-- he always stirs up dissension. Therefore disaster will overtake him in an instant; he will suddenly be destroyed-- without remedy.

†. Prv 6:16-19 . . These six things doth Yhvh hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him . . . he that soweth discord among brethren.

Continued > >
/

My sake? What about those estimated 59,273 world citizens pouring into the dungeons of Hell every 24 hours on the clock?

Its purpose is not to entertain you— it's meant to get your attention.

Cliff
|

Estimated, yes only and by you.
The single biggest sin I see repeatably on these boards is the judgement of others by ones own interpretation of scripture.
Such as the silly repeated baptismal threads.
Mankinds salvation was not written for rocket scientists only.
Why do some of you make it so complicated?

You have both my attention and amusement. :)
I am entertained.
And how is the weather up north?
Having a rather odd summer here.

Mankinds salvation was not written for rocket scientists only.
It's much worse than rocket science— the Bible is not like other books; it's a collection of cryptic documents whose custodian is God's spirit.

†. 1Cor 2:14 . . The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are absurd to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

In other words; it is essential to obtain the assistance of God's spirit if one is to have any hope of "hearing" the Gospel in a way they can understand and/or accept and respond to; which easily explains why the Lord made the following statement:

†. John 6:44 . . No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him

Cliff
|

Last edited by a moderator:

It's much worse than rocket science— the Bible is not like other books|

Of course it is not.
As they say, it is a one of of kind.

Think about this for a minute. God made me, he made you, he made all of us and our intelligence levels all vary. And he is not going to make an eternal decision based on some hidden code that we have only a tiny fraction of time to understand.
Again it is not rocket science.
It is more like "Heaven for Dummies".

But please continue.
I find this entertaining, something I look forward to.

Population Clock Update (64)

131 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 349,639 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,764,763 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

"Many groans pierced me, whose arrows were barbed with pity, at which I covered my ears with my hands. Such pain there was as there would be if the diseases in the hospitals of Valdichiana, Maremma, and Sardinia, between July and September, were all rife in one ditch: a stench arose from it such as issues from putrid limbs."

Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto XXIX, v. 43-51

Deep in one of the lowest levels of the netherworld, Dante and his guide Virgil pass through an area devoted to punishing falsifiers; among whom are counterfeiters, impersonators, alchemists, and, guess what? identity thieves! No kidding. One man, Gianni Schicci by name, impersonated a dead man so that he could benefit from the will.

The smell assaulting Dante's senses is from the various diseases that Justice, a minister of the Lord on high, afflicts falsifiers in accordance with the degree of harm that their conduct caused people in life. Some are afflicted with leprosy, others with insanity, and yet others with horrible skin lesions and scabs that never cease to itch; and the itching is so acute that souls have clawed their flesh to blood in a futile effort to obtain relief. All of the falsifiers are so badly diseased, weakened, disfigured, and/or mentally imbalanced that they would most certainly be quarantined to appropriate wards in the world above.

†. Ex 20:15 . .Thou shalt not steal.

†. 1Cor 6:9-10 . . Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither thieves, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Continued > >
/

Cliff,
After careful review: and some sleep and...
I apologize for hijacking your thread, you seem intelligent and believe in the words that you type.
Because we do not agree is really none of my buisness, it is your thread and again it is entertaining.

Population Clock Update (65)

133 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 354,977 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 7,883,309 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

And Sinon, who perhaps took offense at being named so rudely, struck Adam's rigid belly with his fist so that it resounded like a drum; and Master Adam struck Sino in the face with his arm, which seemed no softer, saying to him: I have an arm free for such a situation, though I am kept from moving by my heavy limbs. At which Simon answered: You were not so ready with it going to the fire, but as ready and readier when you were counterfeiting coin.

And he of the dropsy said: You speak truth in that, but you were not so truthful a witness there when you were questioned about the truth at Troy. If I spoke falsely, you falsified the coin; Sinon said; and I am here for the one crime, but you for more than any other devil. He who had the swollen belly answered: Think of the Wooden Horse, you liar, and let it be a torment to you that all the world knows of it.

The Greek replied: Let the thirst that cracks the tongue be your torture, and the foul water make your stomach a barrier in front of your eyes. Then the coiner: Your mouth gapes wide as usual, to speak ill. If I have thirst, the moisture swells me, you have the burning, and a head that hurts you; and you would not need many words of invitation to lap at the mirror of Narcissus.

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto XXX, v. 100-129

What's taking place in that scene? Answer: recriminations; which can be roughly defined as countering and/or mitigating an accusation with an accusation.

Recriminations are futile. If somebody's conduct merits criticism, then it merits criticism regardless of their accuser's faults. Though retaliating by pointing out your accusers faults (a favorite with politicians) may seem an intelligent tactic during a quarrel; in reality, recriminations are a childish defense, and do nothing to change the facts and/or mitigate one's own culpability. You can neither diminish, nor delete the responsibility for your own conduct by pointing the finger at someone else's shortcomings; but I see people on internet forums passing themselves off as Christians doing that very thing all the time by quoting Mtt 7:3-5 and John 8:7 as if those passages somehow grant them immunity from scrutiny.

Recriminators are selfish cowards in that they lack the integrity to bravely face the music for their own their sins without dragging somebody down with them. A recrimination is actually a protest in disguise that says "Who are you to say anything?" when the real question is: Is what your accuser saying true?

The ironic thing about those two men in the Comedy is that they're incarcerated together down on the very same level in Hell dedicated to punishing falsifiers (e.g. the Trojan Horse and the crime of counterfeiting) and it is therefore comical to watch one convince the other that one's punishment is more deserved than his own. (chuckle)

CONTINUED > >
|

See how many people are going to burn for eternity! Take heed! Be frightened! Get right with God! Because the decisions you make while you're frightened to death are probably the most sound.....

Population Clock Update (66)

135 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 360,315 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 8,001,855 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

"Soul idiotic; keep to thy horn, and vent thyself with that when wrath or other passion touches thee."

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto XXXI, vs. 70-72

Down on the second-to-last level of Hades, Dante and Virgil observe Nimrod of the book of Genesis. He's personified in Dante's epic as a giant because the Bible depicts men of renown as large of stature. (Gen 6:4)

Dante holds Nimrod responsible for construction of the infamous Tower of Babel. (Gen 10:8-9, Gen 11:1-9)

For retribution, Nimrod is pinned in stone from the waist downwards; and his speech is so confused that even he himself has no clue to what he says; hence the horn for expressing himself. Music effects only its hearer's nerves; it cannot produce coherent conversation like one's tongue is designed to do. So, once again, Dante portrays the principle of one's punishment befitting their sins.

†. Deut 19:21 . . And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

CONTINUED > >
|

Population Clock Update (67)

137 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 365,653 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 8,120,401 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

I heard a voice say to me : Take care as you pass, so that you do not tread with your feet on the heads of the wretched, weary brothers. At which I turned, and saw a lake in front of me and underneath my feet that, because of the cold, appeared like glass not water.

The Danube in Austria never formed so thick a veil for its winter course, nor the Don, far off under the frozen sky, as was here: if Mount Tambernic in the east, or Mount Pietrapana had fallen on it, it would not have even creaked at the margin. And as frogs sit croaking with their muzzles above water at the time when peasant women often dream of gleaning, so the sad shadows sat in the ice, livid to where the blush of shame appears, chattering with their teeth like storks. Each one held his face turned down; the cold is witness amongst them by their mouths, and their sad hearts by their eyes.

Dante's Divine Comedy
Inferno, canto 32, vs. 19-39

There's no fire down in the very last level of Inferno. Instead, there's an impoundment of solid ice in which are imprisoned people who violated the trust of friends; e.g. Brutus Cassius who betrayed Caesar, and Judas Iscariot who betrayed Christ. Those are but two glaring examples; but a far more common abuse of trust occurs all the time among friends, family, and associates.

†. Prv 11:13 . . A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy man keeps a secret.

Gossips, who blab personal secrets, are really no different than Judas Iscariot and Brutus Cassius. Theirs is a sin of treachery; therefore Dante freezes all such alive in ice to befit the coldness of their deed.

Continued > >
|

Population Clock Update (68)

139 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 370,991 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 8,238,947 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

According to justice as the Bible's God sees it, the moment someone goes off-track, every righteous thing they ever did in life is deleted from their record and they have to start all over again with zero righteousness to their credit.

†. Ezk 3:20 . .When a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered.

†. Ezk 18:24 . . When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

Objection : obviously you don[t have a clue about the Christian doctrine of salvation. We are all under the dispensation of grace rather than law.

I disagree. At the core of the Vatican's plan of salvation is obedience to the commandments; which eo ipso disqualifies your average rank and file pew warmer from apprehending any appreciable amounts of the grace of God.

†. Gal 5:4 . . For if you are trying to make yourselves righteous with God by keeping commandments, then you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from grace.

The average rank and file pew warmer's salvation is a work in progress with no guarantee of either completion or success.

†. Php 2:12 . . Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

According to paragraph 1035 of the Roman catechism, when a Catholic leaves this life with just one un-absolved mortal sin to their credit, they go directly to Hell and eternal suffering with no stopover in a purgatory; it's a direct flight. So then, if somebody has been a faithful Catholic for say, 45 years, and then dies with just that one un-absolved mortal sin to their credit, then those 45 years were all for nothing. Those faithful years are stricken from the record and they become no safer in eternity than if they had been an atheist, a Hindu, or a Muslim the whole time.

Continued > >
|

Population Clock Update (69)

141 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 376,329 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 8,357,493 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

†. Eph 2:3-4 . . Like the rest, we were, by nature, objects of wrath.

That is a frightful appraisal of the constitution of man's essential being. He isn't naturally blessing-worthy; no, to the contrary; he's quite naturally curse-worthy; and he's been that way practically since the very beginning.

†. Gen 6:5-7 . . God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it regretted Yhvh that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

†. Gen 8:21-22 . . I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; because the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth

†. Rom 7:14-25 . . I don't understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do; instead I do what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do-- this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

. . . So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

"It is in your nature to destroy yourselves"
Terminator 2, Judgment Day

Continued > >
|

See how many people are going to burn for eternity! Take heed! Be frightened! Get right with God! Because the decisions you make while you're frightened to death are probably the most sound.....

Jude 1:23

King James Version (KJV)

23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Population Clock Update (70)

143 days have elapsed since beginning the topic on Mar 21, 2011.

Staying with the original factor of 2,669 responsible Americans transferring to perdition per each 24-hour calendar day, suggests that 381,667 U.S. residents have passed through the gates of hades just since beginning the topic.

The world-wide total, based upon the original factor of 59,273 condemned souls per 24-hour calendar day, suggests 8,476,039 total arrivals in perdition since beginning the topic . . . and the clock is still ticking.

†. Mtt 5:24-26 . . Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Although the Lord's instructions no doubt pertain to tort law, they can be applied to the afterlife too. In other words, it's possible to avoid Hell via ransom. However; the only ransom that God will accept in lieu of one's incineration is the life of His own son. No other means of payment are accepted.

†. Mtt 20:28 . .The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

†. Eph 1:7 . . In whom we have a ransom through his blood, the forgiveness of sins

†. 1Tim 2:5-6 . .There is one God, and one mediator between God and men : the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself as a ransom for all men.

†. Heb 9:15 . . Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-- now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

†.1Pet 1:18-19 . . For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were ransomed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.

Catholics who leave this world without first satisfying the justice of God with the correct ransom; will of course be unable to do so on the other side.

CCC. 393 . .There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death.

That's All For Now
/

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back