Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

HELP: IS COSMETIC SURGERY A SIN?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hey ya,

i underwent cosmetic surgery. Is it a sin? Will god punish me for that? :oops I suffered from the way my nose looked. I was bullied at school..when i was little.

Here are some pictures.

Should i pray for forgiveness?

If you feel better about how you look I think it's perfectly fine.

You can always check to see what would be construed as a sin by googling, Sin List. The Wogim link is the second link on the Google page result and that should give you insight to your question.

I hope it went well. I don't think cosmetic surgery is necessarily a sin. Looks matter in today's society. Sad, but true, especially for women. If you have the time, money, inclination, need, a good surgeon, and a workable plan for improving your look, then I guess its OK (I'm not Jesus, obviously).

Vanity, however, is a sin. If you get stuck with multiple procedures and all sorts of self-obsession, then you need prayer and discipling. If its just a nose job or something and then you're done, I don't see what the big deal is.

I hope it went well. I don't think cosmetic surgery is necessarily a sin. Looks matter in today's society. Sad, but true, especially for women. If you have the time, money, inclination, need, a good surgeon, and a workable plan for improving your look, then I guess its OK (I'm not Jesus, obviously).

Vanity, however, is a sin. If you get stuck with multiple procedures and all sorts of self-obsession, then you need prayer and discipling. If its just a nose job or something and then you're done, I don't see what the big deal is.

OUR son once said he thought he might need a nose job but he is fairly good looking an possibly a little vain. I told him that men are suppose to have a bit larger noses than women since it is considered a somewhat masculine trait. What's more, he would end up looking like Michael Jackson if he had a nose job! HE became very quiet and never brought up the subject again.
Our pastor said that if the barn needs to be painted, then paint it! And yes, he was referring to women wearing make up, wigs and other cosmetic procedures. IT is no different than having braces on your teeth in your case. HAVING crooked teeth can make a person emotionally crippled , as well. GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE SELF consncious. He wants you to be God conscious. THERE IS nothing for Him to forgive. SO FOCUS on seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and continue to read the Bible so that you may put on the mind of Christ. Dont dwell on yourself but ask God to use you to meet the needs of the people around you. THAT is all He asks of you.

Hey ya,

i underwent cosmetic surgery. Is it a sin? Will god punish me for that? :oops I suffered from the way my nose looked. I was bullied at school..when i was little.

Here are some pictures.

Should i pray for forgiveness?
No, I don't think it's a sin.

Some nose problems can cause breathing problems later in life. Anything you do to improve your health is not a sin, unless it becomes such an issue that it becomes an idol in your life. I myself have a large round mole under 1 nostril and have actually considered having it removed after a doctor said that it might become an issue later in life.

I don't think it would be any different then people getting braces for their teeth. As long as you are doing it for all the right reasons and not just for vanity, I see no wrong in it.

I don't think it would be any different then people getting braces for their teeth. As long as you are doing it for all the right reasons and not just for vanity, I see no wrong in it.

for his glory:

Yes, it all depends on how much the person is wrapped up with the whole procedure, I guess.

For example, many Godly women won't attend church without mascara and lipstick: while to excess it can be detrimental, yet some women would tend to think that completely neglecting appearance would otherwise draw undue attention to themselves.

For some women the lipstick/lipliner can even be made permanent, saving a lot of time in the long run.

Blessings.

(But what do I know? :chin )

i hope you feel better.

people get their hair cut to new styles, hair permed, hair colored.

people get tattoos.

people buy the latest styles in clothing.

people get plastic surgery.

it's all the same to me.

i never read anything in the Bible that says different.

It really doesn't matter what one does on the outside (flesh) as it's not the flesh God looks at anyway, but only sees the intent of the heart.

Back