Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

help samar converted Iranian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

mick75

If she were a terrorist or islamic jihadee or muslim criminal or crazy muslim she would have better case ..
Samar Iranian Christian converted to christianity threatened with deportation from Great Britain, faces death in Iran

mi%20Samar.jpg

BOURNEMOUTH, UNITED KINGDOM (ANS) -- An Iranian woman who converted to Christianity and had to flee her homeland is due to be deported from the United Kingdom back to Iran despite serious threats that she might be put to death for her religion.
According to Hope FM 90.1 FM, a full-time Community Christian Radio station serving the area of Bournemouth, Poole & Christchurch and surrounding area of southern England, there is an e-mail petition being collected to be presented at 10 Downing Street to be read by Hon. Jacqui Smith, the Home Secretary, urging her to intervene and prevent Samar from being deported to her homeland where a court warrant exists for her to be put to death.

The Bournemouth Daily Echo newspaper is also highlighting her plight.

"Her voice was trembling with fear as I spoke to Samar hours before she was due to be deported to Iran. The 30-year old was speaking to me from the detention centre at Gatwick Airport having been driven away in what she describes as a 'cage' from Bournemouth police station in the early hours of Friday, July 13," said Ruth Oliver, the Echo's Religious Affairs Correspondent.

Oliver said Samar was later transferred to Heathrow Airport to await deportation. Struggling to fight back the tears, Samar said: "I can't deny how much pressure and fear I am feeling."

Oliver reports that Samar had only a couple of hours' sleep and realizes that she faces death if she returns to Iran because of her conversion to Christianity. In a faltering voice she said bravely: "I have a flame of hope in the bottom of my heart. I am frightened but I have hope because of Jesus."

dallisons003.jpg

John and Claire Dallison from Bournemouth are close friends of Samar, who has been in Britain for three years. The Dallisons have been battling to help Samar stay in Britain. The former Bournemouth and Poole College student has been attending their church, The Father's House' in Ensbury Park, for the last two years.

John Dallison showed Oliver a copy of a death warrant on Samar, a copy of which is now at the immigration department, together with an appeal application.

The death warrant states that any who 'backslides' deserves 'to be stoned to death'. It adds: "The condemned (referring to Samar) is to attend within 10 days after receiving this verdict otherwise this verdict is enforceable." The warrant was issued on May 21 by the Islamic Revolutionary Court in Iran
mi%20tobias%20ellwood,%20member%20of%20parliament.jpg

Tobias Ellwood, Member of Parliament (MP) for Bournemouth East said: "Samar has been my main focus today. I am doing everything I can and have filed an urgent request to the immigration office to make them aware of the seriousness of this death threat. It is now being considered at the highest level. I would be astonished and dismayed if there is not a delay to defer the decision to deport her."
John Dallison believes Samar's request was rejected because she did not have the correct representation when she first arrived in the UK and it is difficult then to get a court hearing over-turned. John has appeared as a witness at various court hearings for Samar.

The newspaper reported the Dallisons had to break the news to Samar at Bournemouth Police Station in the early hours of last Friday morning, 15 minutes before she was to be taken away from her cell. "She was distraught," they said. "She broke down, viewing this as a step closer to her return home."

Members of The Father's House church had gathered in the next room to hold an all-day prayer vigil for Samar. The situation was emotional and tense with a group of people hoping and praying for some good news, the newspaper said.

The last words Oliver heard Samar say to Claire were: "You are my friends, I trust you. Whatever you can do to help me, please do."

Samar has received an extension until Wednesday to allow the Home Office further time to fully assess her case and the radio station is urging its listeners to pray that she will be allowed to stay. However, that date is still set as deportation day.

Why does the UK government not stand up for Christian refugee Samar?
http://thebiblesays.wordpress.com/

Hope fm campaign
http://www.hopefm.com/index.php?option= ... 7&Itemid=2
UK orders Christian convert returned to Iran despite death warrant
http://magicstatistics.com/2007/07/18/u ... h-warrant/

mick - I could not find in the article you posted why she was being deported back to Iran. Do you have any knowledge as to why she is being deported?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back