Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help settle a friendly debate....

Are Hello Dolly, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Out of Africa and Somewhere In Time chick-flicks

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

OK, so my 10-year-old son really wants to go see "Eclipse". My husband was trying to talk him out of it by telling him that all the "Twilight" movies are chick-flicks. I told him that a lot of the movies that he likes are chick-flicks too. Naturally, he disputes that he likes chick-flicks but I pointed out that he likes "Sound of Music", "Hello Dolly", and even "Mary Poppins". He also likes "Out of Africa" and "Somewhere In Time". He denies that any of these movies are chick-flicks, instead he is insisting that they are "classics".

So, we've decided to put a poll here and let y'all decide if my hubby actually does like chick-flicks. Simple yes or no answers will suffice!

Oh and for the record, no, our 10 year old is NOT going to "Eclipse".

jasoncran said:
kgreen said:
Why doesn't your husband want your son to like "chick flicks"?
real men dont watch chick flics by themselves.
they must go with a woman.

:) Oh, my hubby likes to tease my daughter and I about the chick-flick thing. I do think he thinks along the line of Jason though, a real man wouldn't watch a chick-flick unless he is "made" to do so by a woman. (Yeah, like I like "Out of Africa" more than he does. Sure. ;) )

OK, folks, two responses and NO votes. Come'on, help me out here. I cannot ethically vote in this poll, but I truly do think that most would consider the movies I've listed as chick-flicks. My hubby disagrees. We've determined that we'd let y'all settle our friendly debate. Although I might, just might, pull an "I told you so" when the majority comes down that, of course, Sound of Music and Somewhere In Time are chick-flicks. :halo

handy i voted and yes the sound of music is a chic thing. oh the horror.

i know must as punishement do bjj and all things manly for a month in order to maintain my manly status.

zumba, is for women, not men.

Ahhhh, Jason. We know that, manly as you are, you're in touch with your feminine side! :biglaugh

Thanks for proving my point. However, Steve won't accept just one vote. So come on folks, help me out here!

handy said:
Ahhhh, Jason. We know that, manly as you are, you're in touch with your feminine side! :biglaugh

Thanks for proving my point. However, Steve won't accept just one vote. So come on folks, help me out here!
grr, i have been known to bite.

lol, that is so funny. yes while i am not effimate, its ok to cry and express emotions
but i find it hard to sit by my lonesome and watch sappy movies. it either depressed me(when i was single) or makes me miss my wife.

add two months to that punishement. must tap someone out as punishment. :biggrin

Ok, you've got two es votes handy. :biggrin

But let me ask you this... why do the guys always have to go and suffer through the chick flicks, but the gals never want to go with us to shows like Avatar, Transformers or even Terminator? :shrug

StoveBolts said:

But let me ask you this... why do the guys always have to go and suffer through the chick flicks, but the gals never want to go with us to shows like Avatar, Transformers or even Terminator? :shrug
i grow up on transformers. :biggrin

StoveBolts said:

:lol That's weird. My friends and I love Avatar and Transformers and we're all girls. I've never seen terminator though.

But yeah, all of those are chick flicks. The only excuse I can give is for the Sound of Music. Most male music teachers I have had loved that.

But Eclipse. Really. It just tops them all off in chick-flick level with its whiny men and sparkly vampires.

vampires arent the stuff of chic-flics but horror or action of the likes of underworld and also the blade series.

jasoncran said:
vampires arent the stuff of chic-flics but horror or action of the likes of underworld and also the blade series.

:lol They were, until Stephenie Meyer invaded with her reign of fangless vampires, sparkles, infinite synonyms for "beautiful," and three generations worth of angst.

Notice manly sparkles of horror and action:

sparkles.jpg

grr. :mad i have no love for the the twilight series as that to me is rather the most stupid books in the world, i would rather watch the care bears or rainbow brite the movie.or worse my little pony.

jasoncran said:
grr. :mad i have no love for the the twilight series as that to me is rather the most stupid books in the world, i would rather watch the care bears or rainbow brite the movie.or worse my little pony.

I agree. I currently have a shirt that says, "...And Buffy staked Edward. The End."
Not only that, but Meyer has horrible grammar. :sad

i forgot the buffy the vampire slayer series and movie,

that was rather a wierd movie, i never followed the series.

It was okay in the beginning, but then it just got too melodramatic and repetitive.

Although I believe we are getting off-topic. :lol

jasoncran said:
kgreen said:
Why doesn't your husband want your son to like "chick flicks"?
real men dont watch chick flics by themselves.
they must go with a woman.

True. Very true.

Is ten years old to young to go on dates with a girl?

Is it bad that I have taken girls to see chick flicks because I wanted to see them?

jasoncran said:

:biglaugh :rolling :clap

I would vote, except I've only seen 2 of those movies so that wouldn't be fair. :)

Caroline H said:
jasoncran said:

:biglaugh :rolling :clap

I would vote, except I've only seen 2 of those movies so that wouldn't be fair. :)
i have seem them all one i cant recall. :confused

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back