Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help settle a friendly debate....

Are Hello Dolly, Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Out of Africa and Somewhere In Time chick-flicks

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jasoncran said:
mean girls, lol. who was in that, was lindsay lohan in that and also racheal mcadams in that as well?

Yes

And I remember that movie. I watched it with my cousin, Jessica, and a friend... Talk about awkward...

speaking of lohan. that person needs the lord badly. i wonder how confused she really is.
she is a lesbian and needs help from her alcohol problem. at total mess. :verysad
i wonder if she will hear the right advise in aa, nope they dont preach the gospel with that :verysad

lord save lohan from destruction and use her to reach the lost.

Lewis W said:
I voted no, I like softer flicks sometimes.

I voted no also. Nice to see I am not alone. LOL

I've never thought of movies like that as chick flicks. Most of them are musicals and family entertainment. (Maybe Out of Africa could be called a chick flick.) :shrug

Sometimes I like a good emotional flick, that by some guy's standards would be a chick flick. Sometimes I like a good love story, and I mean the ones that have you literally crying real tears. A good flick that can really catch your emotions is a good flick as far as I am concerned. I even watch The Young and The Restless & The Bold and The Beautiful, not everyday anymore, but fro time to time I check out what old Victor, is doing, and then I check out Brook Logan to see what evil she is up to lately. I have heard men say that only gay men look at the soap operas, that is not true at all.

I voted "yes". Although, I'm not sure "Mary Poppins" belongs there. That seems like more of a generational thing.

"Sound of Music" is worse than a chick flick. It's about as annoying as any movie can get, IMO. He gets a :bigfrown just for liking that movie, besides getting a :bigfrown for it being a chick flick.

Oh, man though. "Guys & Dolls"? Are you kidding me? Dora, did your husband actually give you permission to reveal this to anyone? I realize you're pretty anonymous here on the board, and he's even further removed, but THAT should not be said even in a guy's most private moment. :nono :nono :nono Does he listen to the sound track in his car? Does he also listen to Bette Midler and Barbara Streisand? ;)

If a guy likes a chick flick, he needs to wait until he's all alone to slip in the DVD, and then clean up all the evidence when he's done. That's what I do with "Sleepless in Seattle". :halo :lol

:rolling Oh yes, he gave me permission. And, he does listen to Streisand, but not Bette. Guys and Dolls, I hadn't mentioned it, but now that it's been brought up, yep, he likes it as well. Hey, it's a mobster movie. Right.

Just to clarify my hubby's manhood, he also likes all movies with Clint Eastwood ("Do you feel lucky. Well, do ya, punk?"), all the Godfather movies, The Road to Perdition, Goodfellas (yep, mobster movies), war movies like "Saving Private Ryan", plus anything to do with the civil war. It does all seem to balance out.

Honestly, he's not really the "girlymon" type. Really!

Really.

:biglaugh

He's honestly surprised that the votes are running between 66-75% in my favor on this one. He thinks y'all just don't have taste.

lewis,watching soaps.lol
before i was married seldom did i bother with sappy movies. made me lonely, unless i had a woman.

the shear thought of you watching a soap. :toofunny :toofunny

handy said:
:rolling Oh yes, he gave me permission. And, he does listen to Streisand, but not Bette. Guys and Dolls, I hadn't mentioned it, but now that it's been brought up, yep, he likes it as well. Hey, it's a mobster movie. Right.

Just to clarify my hubby's manhood, he also likes all movies with Clint Eastwood ("Do you feel lucky. Well, do ya, punk?"), all the Godfather movies, The Road to Perdition, Goodfellas (yep, mobster movies), war movies like "Saving Private Ryan", plus anything to do with the civil war. It does all seem to balance out.

Honestly, he's not really the "girlymon" type. Really!

Really.

He's honestly surprised that the votes are running between 66-75% in my favor on this one. He thinks y'all just don't have taste.
Sorry, my mistake. In my frantic efforts to stabilize all the insanity, I misprinted "Hello Dolly" as "Guys & Dolls". Either way, I don't have the words to express... :shame

"The Godfather", "Goodfellas", "Saving Private Ryan" and civil war matters will be fully considered at our next Man's Club meeting. I don't want to turn him in to the governing board, but he's forced my hand. It sounds like he almost wanted to give him self up. :shrug Whether this results in a fine or a suspension from the Man's Club, please express my regret. If we guys can't govern ourselves, the dolls will have to do it. And we don't need that! :nono

:shame Lewis, Lewis, Lewis...I don't even watch soaps.

Sound's like the next Man's Club meeting will have a full docket.

Hey Dora...nice avatar!

Mike said:
"Sound of Music" is worse than a chick flick. It's about as annoying as any movie can get, IMO. He gets a :bigfrown just for liking that movie, besides getting a :bigfrown for it being a chick flick.

:thumb

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back