Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Help! What does this mean....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Genesis 3. Adam caused the ground to be cursed through disobedience.

Why is the ground cursed if its Adam fault?. The ground is innocent. Adam is not the ground.

There is no commandment saying dont question the Lord your God so i have many questions for God. Only because i want to learn and know more and the truth of the scriptures. I get many things wrong and i need to be corrected if and when i need to be corrected.

Last edited:
There is no commandment saying dont question the Lord your God so i have many questions for God. Only because i want to learn and know more and the truth of the scriptures. I get many things wrong and i need to be corrected if and when i need to be corrected.
I just finished listening to the book of Jeremiah. Talk about asking questions of God! Much of this book is exactly that, Jeremiah challenging God's actions or lack of actions. Pretty much a prayer.

Why is the ground cursed if its Adam fault?. The ground is innocent. Adam is not the ground.

From whence did Adam spring?

Study the Edenic Covenant.
In fact, if you study all of the Covenants it'll help a lot to understand the entire bible up to the New Covenant.
The Edenic Covenant is a bilateral, conditional covenant.
As such, it has blessings and curses.

Adam and God made a deal.
One does not break a deal with God without dire consequences.

Also learn the difference between an oath and a promise.
Why does one take AN OATH when they get married? (and not a promise).

These days who knows. There seems to be a lot of divorce.
We've lost the understanding of what an oath is....
a promise made BEFORE GOD as our witness.

When persons get married today, they already have in mind that if it doesn't work out they could always get divorced.
This attitude will surely lead to divorce in many (if not most) cases since there are always problems to face as time goes by.

There is the fact that God forgives and oaths may be broken.
Couples today get married after dating. They don't know each other save for being at their best on the date.

Then after the vows she finds out he's an Oscar worthy actor and narcissist. He got what he wanted, her. And now the true him comes out.

He's abusive, he beats her, he rapes her when she says no to his advances because her swollen face and fresh set broken arm don't lead her to feeling attracted to the man who did those things to her.

God forgives. Because Omniscient God saw it all and knows that abusive husband's heart.

Better to divorce and live, than to stay married because those who have never absorbed his punch with their face think she must.

"But she took an oath! Till death do they part!"

In a horrific and violent marriage there are a great many ways to die.

Times sure have changed. Not that long ago it was shameful for people to get divorced and was looked down on. Some people have a valid reason like unfaithfulness, and i think its ok for people to divorce for reasons of unfaithfulness, marriage under God means a partner is to be loved and respected and any violation of that gives a valid reason for divorce like abuse, cheating, and so on, thats all unfaithfullness.

God gave one valid reason and escape path for divorce and thats through unfaithfulness.
I agree.
I'd add to the list either physical or mental abuse.
And if there are children involved....the reason better be MIGHTY GOOD!

But you know what...so many kids have divorced parents these days, they can accept it better than years ago.
But it's still depriving a child of one parent (the one they don't live with).

I think this goes back to ego....me me me.

There is the fact that God forgives and oaths may be broken.
Couples today get married after dating. They don't know each other save for being at their best on the date.

Then after the vows she finds out he's an Oscar worthy actor and narcissist. He got what he wanted, her. And now the true him comes out.

He's abusive, he beats her, he rapes her when she says no to his advances because her swollen face and fresh set broken arm don't lead her to feeling attracted to the man who did those things to her.

God forgives. Because Omniscient God saw it all and knows that abusive husband's heart.

Better to divorce and live, than to stay married because those who have never absorbed his punch with their face think she must.

"But she took an oath! Till death do they part!"

In a horrific and violent marriage there are a great many ways to die.
Of course I agree. Women or men are not to be abused.

I don't know about the dating comment....I mean, when are persons supposed to get married if not after dating??

My feeling is that there is no concept of staying together FOREVER.....

kiwidan brought up unfaithfulness...but I know persons that have had an unfaithful spouse and they still stayed together (and some that did not).

I do believe that abuse is more serious.

Of course I agree. Women or men are not to be abused.

I don't know about the dating comment....I mean, when are persons supposed to get married if not after dating??

My feeling is that there is no concept of staying together FOREVER.....

kiwidan brought up unfaithfulness...but I know persons that have had an unfaithful spouse and they still stayed together (and some that did not).

I do believe that abuse is more serious.
My wife and I have been together for 52 years. I disagree: there is truly the concept of staying together FOREVER.

I agree.
I'd add to the list either physical or mental abuse.
And if there are children involved....the reason better be MIGHTY GOOD!

But you know what...so many kids have divorced parents these days, they can accept it better than years ago.
But it's still depriving a child of one parent (the one they don't live with).

I think this goes back to ego....me me me.

I have divorced parents and it sucks. I grew up with a family and then it suddenly got torn apart even it was a peaceful divorce my Parents still get along and have nothing against each other. Me and my brother are close, he always tell me we have to stick together ad he loves me and so on. We get along well. Hes married.

We had an adopted brother for a time. He flipped out and ran away. He was always getting into trouble and it wouldnt surprise me if hes in prison. He ran away on a family holiday. Said he was going for a walk never come back. All my Parents were doing was trying to help him and give him a good family life. He had major issues.

Last edited:
I have divorced parents and it sucks. I grew up with a family and then it suddenly got torn apart even it was a peaceful divorce my Parents still get along and have nothing against each other. Me and my brother are close, he always tell me we have to stick together ad he loves me and so on. We get along well. Hes married.

We had an adopted brother. He flipped out and ran away never seen him again. He was always getting into trouble. He ran away on a family holiday. Said he was going for a walk never come back.
My parents divorced also -- years after they should have. My father was an ogre who physically and mentally abused my mother. They finally got divorced. She remarried a really great guy; he remarried a WITCH.

My brother is an SOB, twice divorced. I no longer have communication with him. My sister is nice, but married the wrong person (a highly ambitious lawyer who had little time for her or their kids).

I have been married for 52 years to the greatest person I have ever known -- by far.

My grandparents are also divorced. From before i was even born. Both are in there 90s now. Before i left the country i made sure i took my grandmother to my grandfathers for lunch because i wanted to see them together and got to witness them give each other a hug whike they spend time with there grandson together. It was really special because they old and i finally got to see my grandparents give each other a hug. I dont know how much time they have left.

Anyhow when i dropped my grandmother back as i was leaving all i seen was her head poking out the top of the window in her unit and we were waving to each other until couldnt see each other anymore.

Shes so frail i get really paranoid and over protecive and make sure i hold her the whole time she moves even she might be ok to walk i keep thinking she going fall over.

Last edited:
Back