Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help with discernment

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
My supplements are relatively inexpensive but few people on these sorts of medications have the information to help them do it or advocate for themselves in general. And that’s one big problem I’ve had with psychiatry…
This is also a problem in the medical industry. Doctors are often paid to prescribe specific meds from what I've heard.

For instance, when I told my doctor that I was having trouble with more severe forms of acid reflux, instead of suggesting lifestyle changes he immediately prescribed prescription strength pills.

It’s…strange. I take generic abilify which honestly is better for me than other options. A nurse st the clinic told me they’re prescribing it more now because of patients preferences. But…

Oh man 👨 so many heavily sedated people in the lobby. So many people on multiple high dose medications. What’s the point? And yet…

The last prescriber at the clinic praised me for having realistic expectations of drug treatment. I mean…especially in severe diagnosis categories lower ones expectations. Not that the meds don’t help just…there’s a very real limit.

This is also a problem in the medical industry. Doctors are often paid to prescribe specific meds from what I've heard.

For instance, when I told my doctor that I was having trouble with more severe forms of acid reflux, instead of suggesting lifestyle changes he immediately prescribed prescription strength pills.
Yeah I know that for a fact. My mom (of blessed memory) was having a problem (don't remember what it was exactly) and her family Dr prescribed a certain pill, to which she had a very bad alergic reaction and was hospitalized. They forst countered the alergy and then gave her some other anti inflammatory med and she was ok for about a year. When the problem happened again she went to the Dr and he prescribed the same med that put her in the hospital. When she asked for a different med he got mad and threw her out of the office. Turned out he was getting a kick back on every script he wrote for that drug.

Psychiatry seems more about current prescribing trends and such than what will get someone from point a to point b with minimal side effects. Oh and good insurance can mean lots of addictive drugs. Trust me on that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back