Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help With Hypoglycemia

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I've been suffering from this forever. Can anyone give me some tips for getting rid of it? I've already made major changes to my diet in the last two months.

you are a type one or two diabetic?
that is the state(hypoglycemia) in which you need sugar if i recall.

are you overweight? and do you exercise?

Hypoglycemia can have a number of possible causes. The only way to get rid of it is to find out what the problem is and treat it. I don't know if there are any medical professionals here on this forum that can help you. You should see a doctor and find out what the root problem is.

FYI, I moved this thread from "General" to "Sports, Health & Nutrition". It will be redirected for 3 days, and then the shadow in the General Forum will disappear.

Mike

Hypoglycemia is where you have low blood sugar. I'm not a diabetic and I'm underweight.
Diabetics can experience hypoglycemia also.

I am borderline hypoglycemic. It has slowly diminished with age too. :thumbsup I keep some peanuts, a banana or some other fruits or fruit drinks around to eat or drink when I feel some of it's symptoms. Eating a few chunks of cheese or drinking some milk helps me too, so I like to have some good swiss or cheddar available when I can. :yes

Just be aware that sometimes that hungry feeling can actually mean your body needs water, so drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Steve's hypoglycemic and we have found the best thing for him to do is to eat small but healthy snacks and, as Vic said, drink plenty of water throughout the day. The whole thing of 3 big meals with little to no snacking in between isn't a healthy eating model. Folks my age will remember the "3 four-square meals a day" and don't snack, it will ruin your appetite. Turns out that's the worst dietary advice ever.

Also, our doctor couldn't stress enough how important it is for Steve to eat breakfast. He was notorious for not eating a healthy breakfast and she really hammered into him the necessity of doing so. Doesn't have to be a big breakfast, just a nutritiously balanced one. Fortunately, he loves peanut butter on whole wheat and either a banana or apple, with some tea. So, that's what he eats most mornings as he's driving to work. I've given up on trying to get him to eat before he leaves the house, but as long as he's eating...at any rate, the hypoglycemia is under control.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back