Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Help?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi!

I just wanted to know, how do you all keep your motivation? Also, how do you keep yourself from being angry and judgmental?

These are things that I'm dealing with and I need some support!

When I get judgmental, I think on my sins. My worst sins. I realize that I am judging people simply because they sin differently than I do. I beg God to remove the log from my eye and even to cast me into humiliation to take me far away from my pride if that's what it takes.

As for anger, I try to practice an exercise from back when I was in therapy awhile ago, deep breaths, concentrated conscious awareness of my surroundings, what do I smell, what do I see, what do my clothes feel like against my skin, what colors are around me, every external stimulus... I think about my favorite Bible verses... and sometimes, just sometimes, it helps not to fight, and to simply say "I am angry!" The battle ends. Declare you are angry, accept you are angry, then sit and have a cup of tea.

I point myself downhill, and stay well lubricated.

But seriously, I would have to concur with what Blake said. If we find ourselves becoming critical of others, we should stop and take a moment to examine any of our own sins that have not been addressed, or are currently struggling with.

Anger is one of the many symptoms of pride. Once you realize that you can better direct your emotions into a more positive direction.

Hi!

I just wanted to know, how do you all keep your motivation? Also, how do you keep yourself from being angry and judgmental?

These are things that I'm dealing with and I need some support!

I try to keep my motivation by listening to the KLOVE Christian Radio. I usually read the daily verses there, and it helps me to stay humble through my day. This also helps me to keep myself from being angry and or judgmental towards anyone. If I am ever angry or judgmental, I almost always never share it in emotion. I would turn the KLOVE app on and think good and positive thoughts. :halo

Verse: Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. Psalm 97:11 NLT

I'm good at being angry and judgmental, lol. I pray for my enemies, for forgiveness for not loving my enemies as I should, and help in loving my enemies appropriately. Then I pray for God to pour out His blessings on my enemies.

Other than that...I dunno...try to realize that most people aren't saved, but may well get there some day. C.S. Lewis wrote that we're all going to live for eternity, some of us as glorious creatures in Heaven, others as monsters in Hell. Try to keep that in mind as you deal with people. Its hard, but its something I can do in my better moments.

Thanks everyone!! The thinking about sins thing seems like something I should try!! I think I'm improving but old habits get in the way!

Re being judgmental: This is something that I've only learned quite recently, and it does seem to bring down my stress and anger levels quite a lot. When someone behaves badly, instead of thinking, "That person is a ....." (nasty word omitted!), I change that to "I don't like that person's behaviour". I'm therefore not rejecting the person, who may have any number of reasons that I don't know about for behaving badly, simply stating the fact that I don't like the behaviour. It seems to be helping me.

Dunno if that makes sense!

I'm right there with you. I was (and still am sometimes) angry at my former religion and one of my worst sins is a tendency to be completely judgmental of everyone. The only thing that has helped me is asking Him to take over my life. What I mean by that is giving myself to Him so that He can help make me the person He would have me be. I know without Him I will revert to my judgmental angry ways and I tell Him I can't do it without Him.

Now when the anger creeps in I remind myself I don't want that anymore.

But the MAIN thing here is that i have sincerely, wholeheartedly had to give up the desire to be angry and judgmental before He did help me. I somehow wanted to hang on to my bitterness and now that He has given me peace i can't imagine why i wanted to hold onto that. I'm not kidding, the very day I decided I wanted to let it go I felt overwhelming peace and love. I had to ask Him for help in WANTING to let it go too. I know I can do nothing without Him.

It can take time! Love to you!

Welcome to CF.When we give our lives to God we become more aware of our sinful behavior.It feels wrong when we do these things.The Holy Spirit is our counselor and guides and directs us.When we know that we have sinned we pray for forgiveness and then we try our best not to make that mistake again.We are human we all are going to sin on a daily basis.We are not perfect by any means and we will not be perfect until we get to heaven.

Back