Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Helping Others

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
Helping others is truly a Christian doctrine.
It is preached to us all through Scripture.

Hebrews 13:16;
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God".

Yes, it is a good thing to share with others.
Sometimes we may think that we have worked hard for something, only to find someone in need of what we have.
It would please God to share that with others who are in need.

I can give you an example.
I was a member of a church in the past that worked hard to raise funds and add on two single wide mobile homes to the back of the church to be used for classrooms, etc...
A couple in our community had started a school for children who were outcasts in society and were helping them get their lives together.
They needed a bigger space and asked to rent our rooms during the week days.
My church voted it down because they did not want to share what they had worked so hard for themselves.
I got a hard lesson in what Christianity is not about.

If we want to reach out to people and show them the love of Jesus in us, then sometimes it means to part with things we possess for ourselves.
This is pleasing to God.

Philippians 2:4;
"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

This would be an additional verse to what I said above, but more.
We are told to "look" to the interests of others.
To seek them out.
It's like, "what can I do for you today?" and really mean it.
Is it in our hearts to do that?
It too is pleasing to God.

Galatians 6:2;
"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ".

Many people are troubled in many ways.
We can be there for them, and let them know that they are not alone.
Again, pleasing to God.

Romans 15:1;
"We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves".

Have we reached this point in our Christian walk where we put others first before ourselves?
I pray that each of us (myself included) will receive these verses, apply them to our lives, and become more of an image of Christ than ever before.

Have we reached this point in our Christian walk where we put others first before ourselves?
I pray that each of us (myself included) will receive these verses, apply them to our lives, and become more of an image of Christ than ever before.

Sure would be nice around here :)

Good points there brother. Essentially, we're just one big happy family, and we're to take care of family.God blesses each of us, and we are to be having the mind of Christ and emulating Him. So we are the blessing for others.

Don't be mindful of the public programs which help people out. I notice a lot of people that do that...let them go get on food stamps they say or some such. Just rationalizations to get out of helping the people.

Sure, there are a lot of public programs which help people out. But they wont always be there, and from what I hear, they have so much red tape involved that it's getting harder and harder to get help. We can bypass the middle man and just help the people ourselves. Give the guy 10 or 20 dollars that's holding the sign up on the corner. No application. No judgement or anything. Just do it. Then he (or she) can go directly from there over to get themselves a burrito or a sandwich. No big deal. These are our brothers and sisters.

There is also a great lesson in Matthew Chapter 25. Are we going to be on the right hand or on the left hand. Sheep vs. goats, wheat vs. tares.

Back