Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Helping People is first Priority!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

healthycents

My hearts passion is to help others and to really make a difference in peoples lives.
In every Job I have had, I would lay my head down at night and wonder if I changed anyones life that day. The answer was usually NO!

Now, I am able to help others, physically, spiritually, and financially, and I can lay down at night and thank God for blessing me so much!

If you are searching for a way to feel fulfilled, let God help you. Ask him what you should do, and he will give you the answer. He has given me my business, and has made it possible for me to help others, and bring people closer to him in the meantime.

If you would like more information on what I do, or just need someone to talk to, please contact me anytime. Everyone needs a little encouragement sometimes!!

healthycents@hotmail.com

Hi Dawn!

Great post: bless you! 8-)

Regular readers will know that I always copy the best from my inbox before I come here, asking God to guide me where it should go :roll:

Your post fits well with this from http://www.arcamax.com :-D

Today's Scripture

Grow in Grace

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteous- ness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God.

Philippians 1:9-11 NIV

And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-8 KJV

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,
That shines brighter and brighter until the full day.

Proverbs 4:18 NASB

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

Read Through the Bible in a Year

April 21: Acts 8:26-40, Joshua 1-2, Job 21
Click Here for the complete schedule

Or Copy and paste this link into your browser:
http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr.html

Weekly Meditation

Love One Another

This is the message we have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was right. So don't be surprised, dear brothers and sisters,[a] if the world hates you.

If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to eternal life. But a person who has no love is still dead. Anyone who hates another Christian is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them. We know what real love is because Christ gave up his life for us. And so we also ought to give up our lives for our Christian brothers and sisters. But if anyone has enough money to live well and sees a brother or sister in need and refuses to help--how can God's love be in that person?

Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions.

1 John 3:11-18 NLT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, regular readers know that I moved, 6 months ago this week, to a sheltered flat only @ 200 yards from Bootle Docks, Liverpool, & within a minute's walk from the warehouses & factories of the Pacific Road/Globe Road industrial estate

The wind blows coal dust, metal dust, flour dust & dust from bone meal, so that Bootle is 3 times UK average for chest complaints & breathing difficulties

I came up with a formula for a drink that really helps & I know that there are empty industrial units in various parts of Bootle that may well be ideal for production

Do pray for a community meeting on Monday 8 May, 6.30-8.0pm at Bootle Village Community Centre, Carol Road, behind Bootle Library - by the canal

Especially as the 2nd Merseyfest is August 14-20 & is locally organised in each area this time

For many youth in Bootle, they are the 3rd generation who have never had paid jobs: they grew up with unemployed parents & grandparents

Bootle Christian Centre have long prayed for creative ideas to regenerate the area

& that means, 1st & foremost, regenerating people, thru the new birth offered by God's Spirit indweeling the hearts of all who invite Jesus to be Saviour & Lord

Has anyone seen the Transformation series of videos?

God has completely turned around some of the most desparate communities on Earth

Just 2 days ago, Benny Hinn, on the Praise-a-thon @ http://www.wonderful.TV - or was it http://www.Loveworld.TV - shared several Scriptures @ God's will to prosper His people in all things, so that we may be a blessing to others, having an overflow to enable generosity in investing in the Kingdom of God

What he shared can all be found in Proverbs 13-15

The main Bible passage about godly use of earthly resources is 2 Corinthians 8-9

2 Corinthians 8
Generosity Encouraged

1And now, brothers, we want you to know about the grace that God has given the Macedonian churches. 2Out of the most severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity. 3For I testify that they gave as much as they were able, and even beyond their ability. Entirely on their own, 4they urgently pleaded with us for the privilege of sharing in this service to the saints. 5And they did not do as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then to us in keeping with God's will. 6So we urged Titus, since he had earlier made a beginning, to bring also to completion this act of grace on your part. 7But just as you excel in everythingâ€â€in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us[a]â€â€see that you also excel in this grace of giving.
8I am not commanding you, but I want to test the sincerity of your love by comparing it with the earnestness of others. 9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.

10And here is my advice about what is best for you in this matter: Last year you were the first not only to give but also to have the desire to do so. 11Now finish the work, so that your eager willingness to do it may be matched by your completion of it, according to your means. 12For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

13Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, 15as it is written: "He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little."

Sowing Generously

6Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. 7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 9As it is written:
"He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever."[a] 10Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
12This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God. 13Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 14And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. 15Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

Footnotes:

2 Corinthians 9:9 Psalm 112:9

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've shared, in 2/3 threads in the past few days, how Revelation 18 prophesies global financial collapse

16 of Jesus' 38 parables are about wise use of wealth

When I was Finance Payments Book-keeper for Operation Mobilisation's then HQ for their STL wholesale Christian literature & music distribution network, it was the early '70s recession, in which even 'Blue Chip' companies were losing profits big time

STL profit quadrupled in 4 years in that most unfavourable economic climate

Why?

Because we dedicated our lives & our work to God's glory & He blest that

I've also shared how I was later UK *1 sales rep/telesales in several national & even international companies

My daily prayer was, 'Lord, I don't want o succeed because I'm a good salesman: I want to succeed because you bless me, so that I can be a blessing to others & bring much thanks, praise, glory & honour to Your name

As the Bible says, "He gives the power to make wealth"

"The blessings of the Lord make rich - & He adds no sorrow with it"

Friends in Southport will tell you that, in many prayer meetings where we brought to the Lord the practical needs of the ministry to the homeless, I often prayed, "Lord, I don't want flashy clothes, as that just attracts muggers - (I'm now wearing the shirt I wore in the photo that I linked in the teen forum shortly after joining this site in Jan '05 - I roll up the sleeves because the edges of the cuffs are frayed, butv when my decorating grant comes thru, in a few days, I promise I'll get new gear, OK?)

I've also often prayed, "Lord, I don't want a flashy house, as that just attracts burglars; I don't want a flashy car, as that draws road rage"

In fact, I was just talking to a soon-retiring bus driver @ how my .last car, 6 years ago, although an economic one, had cost, all things taken into account, £85 a week to be on the road

For several years now, I use Arriva weekly bus ticket, at just £14, & can go from the Scots Borders down to Birmingham, & from the west coast of Wales to the Pennines :multi:

Some of those places, you couldn't drive there & back on £14 of petrol & oil

With fuel prices set to rise, I believe God is calling many to sell un-needed cars & get talking to folk on buses & trains

As an old sales rep, I can assure you that many promotional special offers are very good value, so I always take time to talk to sales staff wherever I shop & ask 'em about the best bargains

Many readers will have been fooled, all their lives, by promos that overcharge, thru the nose, for 'snob value' - which is no value at all

Compare designer labels with clothes in charity shops

In many cases, in affluent areas, folk wear a designer outfit once, then give it to a charity shop

Saturday is forecast fine over @ all UK, so why not visit 1 of the many open air markets & see what great value you get?

As OP says, ask God for wisdom

James 1:5-6

Must go

God bless!

Ian

WOW: another relevant Word 4 Today from http://www.anchorlife.org

Thought for the Day
April 21, 2006

Growing in Your Relationship with God

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today
* When You Give
* Today's Read through the Bible Passage

When You Give

So when you give to the needy, do not announce it
with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the
synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by
men. I tell you the truth, they have received their
reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do
not let your left hand know what your right hand is
doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then
your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will
reward you. (NIV) Matthew 6:2-4

When we give there are at least 3 possibilities for our
motives:

1) We want others to praise our actions,

2) We attempt to be anonymous in our giving, but
secretly we're quite pleased with ourselves,

3) We desire for God alone to receive the
congratulations.

When you give who gets the attention? Do you like
to see your name on the list of givers?

How many other people know what you give and who
you give it to?

Do you enjoy the attention that fundraisers give you?

Do you feel that you "control" some organizations or
churches because of what you give?

How do you pride yourself with where you give and
how much? Do you compare what you give to what
others give? and do you think you're doing pretty
fine?

And lastly, how much would you give if it was
guaranteed that only God would know? After all, in
the scheme of things, He's the only One who matters!

Written by Marji "Mike" Kruger

For more on a relationship with God. . . -
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=uqyczubab.0.ggg ... http%3A%2F%2
Fwww.anchorlife.org%2Fhtml%2Fwhy_bother.htm

Today's Read through the Bible Passage

Today's Reading: Psalm 98 & Deuteronomy 23-

The Read through the
Bible reading calendar (http://rs6
.net/tn.jsp?t=uqyczubab.0.hggapobab.w5bnoobab.4027&p=http%3A%2F%2Fanchorlif
e.org%2Fcgi-bin%2Fcalendar%2Fcalendar.cgi)

Read the passage online... - http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=uqyczubab.0.sgj ... 4027&p=htt
p%3A%2F%2Fwww.anchoryourlife.com%2Fcourses%2Freadthroughbible%2Fmarchrd.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It reminds me of a frequent question as an ex-pro entertainer

1 often put to Sir Cliff Richard, who best exemplifies the answer

I've read 4 bios of Cliff, but it's common knowledge that he gives as much as he can to TEAR Fund - when I was in OM's team who did mobile Christian book/music exhibits for a series of TEAR Fund gigs @ Royal Albert Hall ('74/'75) - Cliff did more TEAR Fund gigs & whole tours than anyone - he would do a TEAR Fund tour every year

1 of the bios lists all the gigs he'd ever done & his work rate was phenomenal!

Anyone recall him duet with the lead singer of the Seekers?

She said, "I know U R all Christians here tonight"

& Cliff said, "Oh no - cancel the show!"

She was mistaken, of course: Cliff's cross-generation popularity is legendary

OH: nearly forgot his advice at Arts Centre Group workshops - which he helped to set up, so that Christian performers could train each other & skill-swap

It was straight from the Bible - the principle of putting God first & caring only what God thinks @ you

fOLK MY AGE MAY RECALL HOW cLIFF WAS ONLY 16 WHEN HE HAD HIS 1ST BIG HIT - "mOVE iT" KINDA EXPRESSED THE BIG FX OF ALL THAT ADULATION ON ONE SO YOUNG

As Proverbs says, "The praise of man is a snare"

But since his conversion at a Billy Graham rally in '66, he has consistently been voted the most admired & respected Christian in public life

God bless!

Ian

Ian

Great topic. I currently work (from my home luckily) helping people overcome addictions from smoking to drugs to alcoholism. I feel great at the end of the working day knowing that I may have just saved someone's life, literally.

Someone (my fiance) saved my life and it's up to me now to pay it forward...

Back