Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

heres one for you...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

Merciful

Am I a Christian? I believe in the basic tennets of christianity (love your neighbour etc..) as well as believing in christ himself as god's son and the savior. The rub lies in my disbelief in the bible as infallible.

I guess I feel god would speak his word to each of us in our hearts before entrusting it to men in a paperback. I'm not saying everything in the bible is wrong or bad, just that in a case where the bible conflicts with what I feel is right I have to follow my heart ya know?

oh and I'm totally pro gay rights and could care less if they call it marriage. How easy is it to get a divorce? Marriage isn't sacred anymore anyways so nothing can possibly destroy it's sanctity.

I guess the main point of this is I won't call myself a christian if others feel it cheapens or degrades their religion.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you like it here!

In Christ,

CLY

I read what you said before I welcomed you. There are other liberal posters like yourself and with this board not being liberal we just have to keep an eye on some people to keep things running smoothly. So we should thank you for identifying yourself.... hahahahaha. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back