Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Here's what the Quran says about Christians and Jews

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I especially want it noted that not only must Christians and Jews pay a tribute tax "in submission" but they must also "feel themselves subdued and brought low" if they don't "acknowledge Islam. How any so called Christian or Jew can possibly pander to or agree with Islam is beyond my understanding but it seems there are those from both Christianity and Judaism that are willing to "be brought low and subdued".

Qur’an 9:29
â€Fight those who do not believe in Allah or the Last Day, who do not forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, or acknowledge the Religion of Truth (Islam), (even if they are) People of the Book (Christians and Jews), until they pay the Jizyah tribute tax in submission, feeling themselves subdued and brought low.â€

http://prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Quotes_Christians.Islam
http://quran.com/9/29
http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/...ays-jesus-and-muhammad-are-brothers/#comments

It's not easy to love thy neighbour as yourself, especially when you consider to whom we are called to be neighborly.

Christians, in muslim nations are not required to do certain things, that Muslims are. for example, they don't have to go to war. They don't have to pay zakaat (which is balanced by them having to pay a separate tax). They can practice whatever they want within their own community, the only restriction being that they can not evangelize. Please actually read about Islam before making your mind up one way.

Christians, in muslim nations are not required to do certain things, that Muslims are. for example, they don't have to go to war. They don't have to pay zakaat (which is balanced by them having to pay a separate tax). They can practice whatever they want within their own community, the only restriction being that they can not evangelize. Please actually read about Islam before making your mind up one way.
Since you stated in another post you were seeking to learn about Christianity, what is your question here? I'm not understanding if you're required to give to a religious tax or what. As Christians we give because we love God; not of necessity. Some refer to it as a tithe, and others consider it an offering.

Titus 3:5 Our salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us. And Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Since you stated in another post you were seeking to learn about Christianity, what is your question here? I'm not understanding if you're required to give to a religious tax or what. As Christians we give because we love God; not of necessity. Some refer to it as a tithe, and others consider it an offering.

Titus 3:5 Our salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us. And Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

I was just trying to clear up his misconception about Christians in Muslim countries. But, as far as "having" to give charity or not, it is a different view on charity between Christians and Muslims. which, i would love to discuss, but i'm not sure where the mods on this site draw the line between preaching my own religion and having a mutual discussion. so, in fear of being disprespectful to you, i won't go any further. I would, however, like a mod to clarify that rule for me.

my question, however, to you is how do you would you explain to a non-Christian, why Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) who is as i understand God and God's Son, said "God, why have you forsaken me." I've never understood the concept of the holy trinity. I've even asked my Christian friends to explain, and they haven't been able to.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Required" is an iffy thing, because what I'm hearing you say is that Islam enforces submission and restricts Christians in several ways. It is also known that Christians are persecuted in Muslim countries so the rather mundane way you talk about practice of Christianity in Muslim countries is very misleading. Christians in America pay taxes like anyone else, as individuals. But it is not required because they are Christians as this implies a tax on religion. Neither are they "allowed" or "required" anything but what all citizens are. Christians as well as all other religious persons are not even required to go to war, unless there is a sudden change in the laws of the country as it has been in the past when people were required to enlist in armed forces. Still it is not decided who will and who won't be required to go to war based on religion. So far as 'not evangelizing" goes, Christians are required by God to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ so then who has the right to restrict that? And btw, Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not just a "prophet". To put Him on that level is to deny His deity and the power of His death and resurrection in making a way to reconciliation to God for all who will believe in Him and His work. Without Him, there is no remission of sins nor is there salvation for anyone. He is central to those who believe in Him. Anything less is not salvation, not reconciliation and as the Bible says, "you will die in your sins".

I was just trying to clear up his misconception about Christians in Muslim countries. But, as far as "having" to give charity or not, it is a different view on charity between Christians and Muslims. which, i would love to discuss, but i'm not sure where the mods on this site draw the line between preaching my own religion and having a mutual discussion. so, in fear of being disprespectful to you, i won't go any further. I would, however, like a mod to clarify that rule for me.

my question, however, to you is how do you would you explain to a non-Christian, why Jesus (Peace Be Upon Him) who is as i understand God and God's Son, said "God, why have you forsaken me." I've never understood the concept of the holy trinity. I've even asked my Christian friends to explain, and they haven't been able to.
Good afternoon from where I am Random_question and thanks for your reply. Your intent of conversation will be reflected from your heart whether it is to preach, promote, or to learn. I truly can only give that which I believe and hopefully it will be sufficient to give God's will for and to your life that will glorify Him.

When Jesus cried out to our Father "Why have You forsaken Me," it was the loneliness of separation for the first time from Him. God our Father cannot look upon sin with any degree of allowance and Jesus had become man that had taken our sin on Him at that particular time. I'll give you the following excerpt of a study in the Book of Matthew that helps me to understand it. I pray it is of benefit to you.

Atonement

The tree further emphasizes this phase of atonement; for it is written, "cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree." The cross is therefore a cursed death. "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us." Here we are taught again that every thing was ordered in the life and death of the Lamb of God. His death was truly propitiatory: therefore it was not a mere circumstance that He hung upon the tree. This was but the outer form of an intense reality. Man could nail Him there only because God had willed that He should so suffer. And this is what the cry, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me?" signifies, of which Matthew and Mark tell us. And His death is carefully distinguished in that prophetic psalm, in which this desolate cry is recorded, from that of all the other suffering saints. It is written there, "Our fathers trusted in thee; they trusted in Thee and Thou didst deliver them: they cried unto Thee and were not confounded; but I am a worm and no man" - Ps. 22:4-6. The sorrow depicted here speaks altogether of atonement. It is different from all other pain or grief.

And note also that this was altogether different from any thing recorded of Him in life. He testified Himself, "He that sent Me is with Me; the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him" - John 8:29. It was this moral glorious perfection, in which His Father continually found delight, that made it possible for Him to atone for sin. He was the only Root out of the dry ground of humanity, that God could find. His own holy Person was the basis of His finished work on Calvary. He must be the burnt-offering first, before He could prevail as the sin-offering. All the offerings referred to some phase of His death. They were but shadows which pointed to the substance of Calvary where they all had their fulfillment. That is, there was a certain time, as He was hanging those six hours on the cross, that He became the true burnt-offering and peace-offering, probably the first three hours, when He prayed for His persecutors and murderers. He was then in conscious communion and fellowship with the Father. Later, the three following hours, He became the trespass and sin-offerings, when the face of God was turned away from Him. We note that at this time, the beginning of the sixth hour, twelve o'clock, as we would say, there was darkness over the land until the ninth hour or three o'clock. And it was during this time that the agonizing cry to God, as to why He was forsaken, burst from His lips. But He answers it Himself in the language of the psalmist, "But Thou art holy, Thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel" - Ps. 22:3. God is Light and the turning away of His face from man brought darkness, a slight expression of the awful outer darkness which will forever be the doom of the lost. It is a hint of the rejection by God of those who reject Him.

When the darkness disappears the crisis is over. He Himself declares, "It is finished," then dismisses His spirit and departs. His work is done. He has conquered. The vail is rent. Heaven is opened to man, while the graves are opened for man. The way out and up is made. All is harmony complete and perfect; anti-type answers most beautifully to type.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back