Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Hermit's Testimony

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Hermit

To keep it short (famous last words). My life has been full of rock-bottoms in which God/Jesus Christ reached down to pull up to the light of Truth. Since pre-birth, my life was very precarious. Then there was severe child abuse, near death by drowning, and near death by overdose and alcoholism. Then, in recovery I decided to hand over my will and life over to the care of God.

From this point on, my life has been a journey of 180 degrees change of perspective. Life without God would have terminated twenty seven years ago. I have been given an other chance of life and to get it right this time.

God guided me through recovery, education, and as a counselor in the fields of drug and alcohol, and palliative care. Have been doing this for twenty years, now semi-retired.
Life before recovery was all self-serving. Now it is about service and witness of God's Love in us.
I am a daily admirer, devotee, and oneness with Jesus Christ and God.

Welcome to this forum! Glory to God for granting us all the gift of repentance! And for loving us so much that Jesus Blood covers us and allows us to commune with the Father.
Blessings be yours in abundance!

Hermit Hello,
Praise God for His love and not ever giving up on us. Thank you for allowing us to share of your testimony.
God Bless you Brother and welcome to the forum.
Blessings
Jim

Thanks for sharing your testimony, Hermit! It's amazing how God brings us through trials so He can use it to help those who travel the same road, sounds like that is exactly what He did for you!

Thank you Eugene, and Abigail123
Thanks for sharing your testimony, Hermit! It's amazing how God brings us through trials so He can use it to help those who travel the same road, sounds like that is exactly what He did for you!
Yes He did, and it pleases my soul to be of service to God and Jesus Christ. And through faith in all challenges towards Truth brings the Light of God out into the open as a witness to His Glory.

Welcome.
Do you talk about adrenalin and endorphin addiction?
Both adrenalin and endorphin are natural human hormones that the body uses to deal with certain physical strains.
They can be seen as a relief or pleasurable depending on personal interpretation. There could be a slight addiction, like all things we like. Any withdrawal is mentally, more to do with habit, routine, and justifications. Physical withdrawal is not the primer.
In most instances, if there is any hallmarks of addiction, I find it more to do with avoidance/escapism from the fears of dealing with certain things.

Back