Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey, I'm Matt

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

msnyder

Hey all! I guess this is where I introduce myself. My name is Matt. I am blessed with a wonderful wife of two years. I am from western Nebraska where I am a senior at a Christian College there. My wife and I travel to Cheyenne Wyoming where I serve as Youth Minister Intern until I graduate in May. At that point we are praying that the full-time position will open up and I will be hired to continue to serve there.

I am not part of a denomination. I am a Bible believing/Bible teaching guy. I am a part of the reformed Christian Church/Church of Christ movement (I'm sure that statement will turn some heads! :) ). I know there are people out there with different views than mine, and I respect that. I have been in 'heated arguments' in the past, but now I would more like to just lovingly discuss our differences, agree to disagree if that is what it comes to, and then get on with ministry together like I believe God intends it. I do not look to break fellowship with others just because we don't have the same exact views.

What else can I tell ya'all? I look forward to being a part of a community of believers coming together to encourage and support one another!

Welcome Matt! Thanks for the introduction :) My husband and I have been married just over 9 months, and I'm also a senior at a Christian college (graduate next spring), and he graduated from there 2 years ago...both of us Christian studies degrees). So we have some things in common :yes

...And yes, you did turn my head with that statement :lol

Oh, and Nick, this is for you :chair

:biggrin

Welcome, sir! :nod

msnyder said:
I look forward to being a part of a community of believers coming together to encourage and support one another!

In that case, you're in the right place.

Nick said:
Welcome Matt! :wave

Your wife is 2 years old? :o

:biggrin

:biglol

Sorry, my jokes are terrible. :biggrin

:couch

:biglol :rolling :biglol :rolling :clap

Wow...I feel like an idiot! Forgive me as it was late and I was tired when I wrote this:

I am a part of the reformed Christian Church/Church of Christ movement

I need to get rid of the 'reformed' part and insert 'restoration'.

Sorry about the mistake. :gah

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back