Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey, I'm new and I need a little help.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I joined this for some help, and I'm expecting you guys to be a big help in my life. I have very strong homosexual tendencies and I, frankly, don't really want these homosexual tendencies. Is there a way that I can reject my homosexuality and turn towards God? I've turned away from god in the last few months. i figured there couldn't be a God if he could make someone homosexual. Another problem is that my parents aren't a big support. They just tell me that homosexuals have something wrong with them, so that's why I haven't told them that I'm having gay tendencies.

So, I'm just looking for some genuine help and advice to cure myself, so to speak. I'm also 16 and a male if you needed to know that. Thanks.

Hello Sneakattack, and welcome to CFn. I will pray for you on this subject. But I really don't think that God makes someone an homosexual, I think it is more of; where our society as a whole is so loose, that are moral are very corrupt thus easily corrupting the people in it. Romans 1:18-32, speaks on this manner and it all begins by not honoring God.

Sneakattack, welcome to CFnet! :)

Given your user-name, I hope this is not a put-on, but an honest question. Typically we just greet people here and talk matters out in the other sections, but I feel led to address your OP.

I've never been completely persuaded that homosexuality is a choice or not, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. Everyone has the choice to act on this compulsion or not. And to your last question, I believe "homosexual feelings" are a sin IF this includes lustful thoughts. Since Chirst said we have already committed adultery by having lustful thoughts, it would go without saying that this would apply to homosexual thoughts.

I applaud your efforts to rid yourself of this in your life. As for how to go about that, I have never been in this place, so I'm not sure I'd have solid practical advice. Ultimately, this comes down to a closer walk with the Lord and turning your life over to Him. We all are sinners, and we all have the same struggle with certain sins that Paul had with the ones that plagued him. It's easy for most Christians to single out homosexuality while turning a blind eye to gossip, hate, pride and other devious sins. But I don't want to minimize this for you, because this is very significant in your walk, and you need Him to overcome it.

I hope to hear more from you. :yes

I joined this for some help, and I'm expecting you guys to be a big help in my life. I have very strong homosexual tendencies and I, frankly, don't really want these homosexual tendencies. Is there a way that I can reject my homosexuality and turn towards God? I've turned away from god in the last few months. i figured there couldn't be a God if he could make someone homosexual. Another problem is that my parents aren't a big support. They just tell me that homosexuals have something wrong with them, so that's why I haven't told them that I'm having gay tendencies.

So, I'm just looking for some genuine help and advice to cure myself, so to speak. I'm also 16 and a male if you needed to know that. Thanks.

Friend, brother, welcome to the forum. You have linked up with people who believe it or not you have many simularities with. We are all (hopefully) wanting to be what God would have us to be but each of us has something or somethings we struggle with.
Focusing on one particular area may be somewhat beneficial, but where sin is concerned, we must realize that at the root of whatever our struggle is whether it be homosexuality or anything else lies a heart issue. We need to make it a point to align our hearts with God and His ways first. Jesus admonished his followers to be willing to "lose their lives" for his sake and the gospel's so that ultimately they could find real life. We are told by Paul in Romans to present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable to God.
We must realize that this life is a gift from God that ultimately is directed by us but is NOT our own. We must use it to glorify the God who gave it to us and the way we do that is to obey His commands and practice righteousness.
So I encourage you my young brother to not let you desires control you, but instead subdue and control them. Follow the exaple of Paul and practice daily exercises that will help you bring you body and its desires under subjection to the ways of righteousness. You can do it! God made you, and He made a winner!!!!

Sneakattack, welcome to CFnet! :)

Given your user-name, I hope this is not a put-on, but an honest question. Typically we just greet people here and talk matters out in the other sections, but I feel led to address your OP.

I've never been completely persuaded that homosexuality is a choice or not, but frankly it doesn't matter to me. Everyone has the choice to act on this compulsion or not. And to your last question, I believe "homosexual feelings" are a sin IF this includes lustful thoughts. Since Christ said we have already committed adultery by having lustful thoughts, it would go without saying that this would apply to homosexual thoughts.

I applaud your efforts to rid yourself of this in your life. As for how to go about that, I have never been in this place, so I'm not sure I'd have solid practical advice. Ultimately, this comes down to a closer walk with the Lord and turning your life over to Him. We all are sinners, and we all have the same struggle with certain sins that Paul had with the ones that plagued him. It's easy for most Christians to single out homosexuality while turning a blind eye to gossip, hate, pride and other devious sins. But I don't want to minimize this for you, because this is very significant in your walk, and you need Him to overcome it.

I hope to hear more from you. :yes

I know that this message of lusting in the mind is adultery, but I was always taught that temptation is not a sin. Could you just expound or clarify on this claim you make.

I know that this message of lusting in the mind is adultery, but I was always taught that temptation is not a sin. Could you just expound or clarify on this claim you make.

1 Cor 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

Having lustful thoughts is giving into temptation. It's not simply being tempted. Jesus was tempted in the dessert, and He was sinless. As I said, the New Member Forum is usually not topical. It's more of an introduction venue. Since many members don't regularly check in here, you'll probably get more a response by creating a thread in the Q&A Forum which is a sub-forum of the Apologetics & Theology Forum. I'd encourage you to do that.

hello there. I'm a baby Christian, and I used to be actively gay. I don't know if homosexual thoughts/behaviors can be shut down simply by running to God (I'm sure somebody out there has had that experience, so I'm not going to dismiss that) so much as God can give you the strength to deal with your problems/sins.

For me, celibacy and church attendance have helped tremendously. Building non-sexual relationships with other men (like my therapist) has helped a lot. If you're still young, man, try to nip it in the bud! I ran with it, because I didn't see a problem with being actively homosexual, and now I deeply regret wasting all those years on satisfying sinful desires when I could've been growing as a Christian.

Read. NARTH and a number of other sites talk about the development of homosexuality (especially in men) and how to deal with it. I'm sure you'll find some interesting information if you dig deep enough; maybe some of it will hit close to home and you'll find a solution for your particular situation.

Anyway...welcome to CF.net!

Interesting nic "sneakattack" ;)

hello there. I'm a baby Christian, and I used to be actively gay. I don't know if homosexual thoughts/behaviors can be shut down simply by running to God (I'm sure somebody out there has had that experience, so I'm not going to dismiss that) so much as God can give you the strength to deal with your problems/sins.

For me, celibacy and church attendance have helped tremendously. Building non-sexual relationships with other men (like my therapist) has helped a lot. If you're still young, man, try to nip it in the bud! I ran with it, because I didn't see a problem with being actively homosexual, and now I deeply regret wasting all those years on satisfying sinful desires when I could've been growing as a Christian.

Read. NARTH and a number of other sites talk about the development of homosexuality (especially in men) and how to deal with it. I'm sure you'll find some interesting information if you dig deep enough; maybe some of it will hit close to home and you'll find a solution for your particular situation.

Anyway...welcome to CF.net!
when i came to christ, God took all desires for men, i was a bi man who only acted on the male "side"once. its possible to change. to the oper come to christ as you are and ask God to save you and dont date men or women and pray for a Good solid bible believing church to attend.

i had the urges to look at men and did but that is gone now. sure the devil will try to tempt me but i dont have to listen to him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back