Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey lawhammer and anybody else.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

lawhammer's signature

ALL REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL.

DEMOCRATS WILL USHER IN WORLD PEACE AND PROSPERITY.
So lawhammer why do you say all Republicans are evil ? I am a Republican A person of color one at that' there aren't to many of us around anymore. But why would you say that ? It is the Dems that want abortions and same sex unions. And many more evil things, that is against God. The Republican party leans much' much more towards moral standards' than the Dems. The Republicans want God in government' the Dems don't.

Judging from his posts, I will wager a flagon of ale that lawhammer's "signature" is sardonic - I suspect that he favours the Republicans. Am I right, lawhammer?

Texas Republicans name God as their chairman
God is the chairman of the Texas Republican Party, according to a report in the Dallas Morning News. Or, at least a speaker at the state GOP convention's prayer breakfast so proclaimed.

When I first read about God the chairman in Molly Ivins's column, I had visions of the Almighty standing for election and wondered who had the nerve to run against Him and whether He really had time to take the Texas Republicans in hand, given all the work involved in being omnipotent. I'm relieved to discover that it's an honorary chairmanship.

The party platform is less amusing. According to the Morning News, it declares "America is a Christian nation" and goes on to say:

We pledge to exert our influence toward a return to the original intent of the First Amendment and dispel the myth of the separation of church and state.

I've actually read the Bill of Rights, and quite a few of the major court cases interpreting it, and I'd say separation of church and state is the at the very heart of the First Amendment. Sounds to me like the Texas Republicans are trying to undermine our democracy.

I was also puzzled by a prayer mentioned in the Morning News article. Presbyterian Pastor Dale Young said:

Lord, your words tell us there's a sign that this nation is under a curse, when the alien who lives among us grows higher and higher and we grow lower and lower.

Try as I might, I can't quite figure out what he means by "the alien who lives among us." Extraterrestrials? Immigrants? Satan? Liberals like me?

Probably liberals like me.

posted by Nancy Jane Moore at Friday, June 09, 2006
http://hopeandpolitics.blogspot.com/200 ... their.html

Drew said:
Judging from his posts, I will wager a flagon of ale that lawhammer's "signature" is sardonic - I suspect that he favours the Republicans. Am I right, lawhammer?

Didn't he say that the Republicans are evil? Why would he then favor them?

I was wondering about his sig as well.

lawhammer, can you explain why you support gay rights, abortion on demand and higher taxes? By supporting the democratic party this is what you support.

Jon-Marc said:
Didn't he say that the Republicans are evil? Why would he then favor them?
My point was that I suspect he is using a mild form of "sarcasm" in his "signature".

I'm not sure if I use sarscasm as a defense mechanism, jon-marc, and that's all I'm gonna say!!!!

Another poster here inspired me:
yeah, lawhammer. Don't you know that anybody who doesn't believe what Jaelshammer believes is 'delusional'? Put on your tinfoil hat and repeat after me:

ALL REPUBLICANS ARE EVIL.
DEMOCRATS WILL USHER IN WORLD PEACE AND PROSPERITY.
RUSH LIMBAUGH IS THE DEVIL.
NEWT GINGRICH IS THE ANTI-CHRIST.
NANCY PELOSI IS THE ICON OF HUMAN PERFECTION.
EVEN THOUGH JAMES CARVILLE LOOKS LIKE AN ALIEN, HE IS RIGHT ALL THE TIME NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY ELSE SAYS.

It was truncated to fit. I'll change it if you want me to.

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=26212

Lewis W said:
So lawhammer why do you say all Republicans are evil ? I am a Republican A person of color one at that' there aren't to many of us around anymore. But why would you say that ? It is the Dems that want abortions and same sex unions. And many more evil things, that is against God. The Republican party leans much' much more towards moral standards' than the Dems. The Republicans want God in government' the Dems don't.

Abortion, "gay marriage", euthenasia, the phoney "seperation of church and state myth", the evolution myth, those are the culture of death issues, and they're Democrat issues, every one of them.

Pray this country survives the next two years.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back