Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey There!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mizzy

I'm Mizzy. :wave

I'm looking forward to being around like-minded people & fellowshipping with them.

Mizzy, it's good to have you join us in fellowship. I do hope you are blessed here with us in Jesus' name. :wave

Mizzy, it's good to have you join us in fellowship. I do hope you are blessed here with us in Jesus' name. :wave

Hi Mizzy, how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless His Word to you.

Thanks Eugene & Farouk! Glad to be here. :wave

Do either of you know why my cursor keeps sticking in the reply box? :chin I belong to a non religious forum with this same format & I don't have any problems there.

Hi Mizzy, how are you doing? good to see you here; God bless His Word to you.

Thanks Eugene & Farouk! Glad to be here. :wave

Do either of you know why my cursor keeps sticking in the reply box? :chin I belong to a non religious forum with this same format & I don't have any problems there.

Mizzy:

IDK...:chin

(All I can think of is, does your mouse function with a battery? and if so does it need replacing or recharging?)

Blessings.

Do either of you know why my cursor keeps sticking in the reply box? I belong to a non religious forum with this same format & I don't have any problems there.
Hi Mizzy, I do not have the problem with my cursor, and I have no idea what to tell you, but I will bring it to the attention of Our Administration and hopefully they may know. Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Mizzy:

IDK...

(All I can think of is, does your mouse function with a battery? and if so does it need replacing or recharging?)

Blessings.

Thanks, but the battery's okay.

Hi Mizzy, I do not have the problem with my cursor, and I have no idea what to tell you, but I will bring it to the attention of Our Administration and hopefully they may know. Blessings in Christ Jesus.

It's invisible, but it's there. After moving it with the mouse, I just hit the space bar & it re-appears. I cannot see it move when I used the arrow keys to move it, but it's still moving cause when I hit the space bar it shows up again several spaces away. :crazy

Thanks for any help!

[MENTION=96523]Mizzy[/MENTION], my computer screen plays up from time to time and if everything on it that you want is saved, refreshing the screen or even re-booting is often a solution.

Blessings.

Thanks [MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION], I'll try that. It's fine right now, so maybe that's all it is. :)

Mizzy, I'm really sorry for not responding sooner. Eugene PM'd me yesterday and linked this discussion, and I just couldn't find time to get on line.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try clearing your cookies from your browser. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else. I've never heard of this happening on CFnet only. When glitches are so isolated and rare, it's hard to pin down. I would have suggested some of the other things mentioned if it was happening on other sites, but only CFnet? Hopefully, it's your cookies.

Oh, and welcome to CFnet! :wave

Mizzy, I'm really sorry for not responding sooner. Eugene PM'd me yesterday and linked this discussion, and I just couldn't find time to get on line.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try clearing your cookies from your browser. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else. I've never heard of this happening on CFnet only. When glitches are so isolated and rare, it's hard to pin down. I would have suggested some of the other things mentioned if it was happening on other sites, but only CFnet? Hopefully, it's your cookies.

Oh, and welcome to CFnet! :wave

Thanks, Mike! I'll try that.

[MENTION=96523]Mizzy[/MENTION]:

Also these days, many computers automatically update anti-virus measures, depending on what sorfware package you may have signed up for; sometimes, though, they won't kick in until the computer is shut down and fired up again, and so if the computer is being used at peak periods and left on for many hours, it may occasionally be that something is slowing it down seriously and the software installed already has the means to fix it but the computer can't actually do anything until it's freshly fired up.

(I'm not a nerd actually, just a few cents' that I've accumulated, maybe vaguely - like in other subjects, too, I guess... :) .)

Blessings.

Thanks [MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION]!

Cookie clearing didn't do it. I came online on the desktop just now to be sure it's only an issue on the laptop, but it's not. I do have the same anti-virus on both computers though, so hmmm... LOL! It's not causing me to not be able to post or anything & I'm already getting used to it, so it'll be fine. I'm learning to count my forward & back spaces like a pro. :biggrin

Do you know what I just realized? It doesn't do it in advanced mode. Only in quick reply. :confused Now, ain't that interestin?' :yes
[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] [MENTION=24785]Mike[/MENTION] [MENTION=90512]Eugene[/MENTION]

So, if anyone ever has this issue again, tell 'em to always click "advanced" when they wanna post. :thumbsup

Hi and welcome :wave

Sorry you've been having those reply issues. As I was reading through this thread i was thinking of asking does this happen only in quick reply or does it happen also in advanced mode? I see that it's only in quick reply.

What OS and browser are you using? And which version of browser?

Sorry you've been having those reply issues. As I was reading through this thread i was thinking of asking does this happen only in quick reply or does it happen also in advanced mode? I see that it's only in quick reply.

I use IE. :shame*SMH*:shame You don't have to tell me. I understand what I've done now. I've seen the warnings, but since I use IE on the other site with this same set up, it wasn't clicking in me head.

I have a 32-bit Windows Vista on the desktop & 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on the laptop. So, it's gotta be IE. :gah

I have Google Chrome on the laptop & I'll try that tomorrow & see how it goes. :)

Thanks, [MENTION=8274]Nick[/MENTION]!

I use IE. :shame*SMH*:shame You don't have to tell me. I understand what I've done now. I've seen the warnings, but since I use IE on the other site with this same set up, it wasn't clicking in me head.

I have a 32-bit Windows Vista on the desktop & 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on the laptop. So, it's gotta be IE. :gah

I have Google Chrome on the laptop & I'll try that tomorrow & see how it goes. :)

Thanks, [MENTION=8274]Nick[/MENTION]!
No problem.

I strongly suspect the problem is with IE. That browser never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to develop websites for. I use Chrome and sometimes Firefox, and they're both fine for this site. Let me know how Chrome treats you. BTW, which version of IE are you using? It would be interesting to know if this is an old or new browser issue.

The reason you're only running into this problem on this site is probably because we have some custom modifications made to the quick reply box, which the other site may not have. My suspicion is that this custom code was either not optimised for IE, or your IE version is too old to consider important enough to code for.

No problem.

I strongly suspect the problem is with IE. That browser never ceases to amaze me how hard it is to develop websites for. I use Chrome and sometimes Firefox, and they're both fine for this site. Let me know how Chrome treats you. BTW, which version of IE are you using? It would be interesting to know if this is an old or new browser issue.

The reason you're only running into this problem on this site is probably because we have some custom modifications made to the quick reply box, which the other site may not have. My suspicion is that this custom code was either not optimised for IE, or your IE version is too old to consider important enough to code for.

LOL! Yeah... I know. I don't know why I've been so stubborn about using a different one. It's just what I'm used to, I reckon.' :oops

Both computers are on IE 9, Nick. I think there's a "10" out now though, so it could be an "age" issue, I guess. I did notice that you have the "mention" button here & the other site doesn't.

No problem.

LOL! Yeah... I know. I don't know why I've been so stubborn about using a different one. It's just what I'm used to, I reckon.' :oops

Both computers are on IE 9, Nick. I think there's a "10" out now though, so it could be an "age" issue, I guess. I did notice that you have the "mention" button here & the other site doesn't.
Version 9 is pretty new. I think version 10 is only available on Windows 8, but I'm not sure. I believe IE is improving, so I'm a little surprised that there's a problem, but the modification wasn't done by vBulletin officially,so there's no guarantee of compatibility.

I switched to firefox in about IE 7, and never looked back. I recently switched to Chrome, because firefox was getting too clunky, and I love Chrome. It takes some getting used to, but within a week I reckon you'll be fine, and won't look back. Especially if you use the internet as often as I do, lol :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back