Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey, This is ME

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

James_the_Lost

Hello my name is james. I am a junior in high school, I am in the marching band, and I have the unlucky experience of being the biggest person in my county/6 high schools. I am six foot nine at sixteen years old. I have never been on a forum before, so this is my first. I dont know if any of this seems trivial or not, but its all something that has affected my life. I have alot of questions, and while there are many people in my school that claim the title of Christian, many do not wish to stop doing what is fun to them, so many of them drift away and i have questions, with no one to provide answers. I have the seemingly stupid philosophy that if a girl is someone that I would marry, then i can date her. I like to share the joys of Christ with my friends, and whenever i get the chance i do so, this lends to the fact that alot of people trust me and my judgement. I love helping people, so I seem to be in the right situations to do that alot, but I never know what to do when I have a problem. I am the weird one out at my school, I pray with people publicly, I pray over my lunch when i have money for it. I comfort my friends and those I dont know so well, but few care to listen to me when I try to tell them about the one who is The Comforter, and the Healer. I dont know what to do about the situations that I am in. I have a great gift of asking questions and explaining thing, even if i dont know that much about them. I can not explain things when it is my problem, I try to find someone who can explain what I need to know. I often forget that God knows everything and I most of all forget that God is there all the time. How do I remember? I know he is, and i trust him to guide me, but ALWAYS forget to ask. And i doubt, oh how i doubt. Why people get sick, die, kill others, hurt others, and with all that, it is SO hard to keep faith and trust that God knows what he is doing. When i step back, and Im not in those situations I can see why things are happening.

Hey I was a Marching band geek, what instrument do you play.

Btw, in high school, I had a rough time finding a person to listen to me too. I had to turn to people who were not my age. If you need anything, PM me.

Welcome to the site.

It's wonderful to meet a young man with such a good heart.
Welcome...I have no doubt you'll find some good friends here.

Just remember...the tares and wheat grow side-by-side, so we see a lot of sin and sorrow.
That doesn't mean the Lord won't lead and guide you all the way. :angel2

Welcome, James! :wave. Hopefully you'll find this site helpful. It's great to see that you are publically expressing God's Love and His work in your life. :)

Back