Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hey...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

Mission 3:16

Hey, I'm new here so I thought I'd just post and say HI! :)

I'm Josh, i'm 15 and i'm from Glasgow, UK.

I've been a chrisitan for 5 years now and I would probably describe myself as an evangelical christian.

So... nice to meet y'all :)

Hi Josh! I'm Kaytlin, year older than you. live in Texas.

Hey, Josh

I am one of the heretics of this site, so do your best to defeat me. :tongue

You will be a welcome addition. :-D

Hey, Josh

I am one of the heretics of this site, so do your best to defeat me.

You will be a welcome addition.

Gendou Ikari,

Check your Private Message.. Your not in control of anything on here, but your mouth...

Gendou Ikari said:
Hey, Josh

I am one of the heretics of this site, so do your best to defeat me. :tongue

You will be a welcome addition. :-D

if you're a heretic why are you posting on this site? :wink:

Because he's actually checking out christianity to see if it holds any water and secretly wishes that it does so that he can be at peace :-D :wink:

Because he's actually checking out christianity to see if it holds any water and secretly wishes that it does so that he can be at peace

I do not really have to check out Christianity; I grew up a Christian. As for me secretly wishing it is true, that would have been a really ignorant statement, if not for the wink.

Growing up christian means nothing. Anyways, why do you stick around here? what is your reason? To disprove us? To feel right? Why?

Oh and yeah, that was a sarcastic statement with the wink :-D

in theory wouldn't it be YOU that would have a hard time defeating US? since there's more of us, AND God is on our side? :smt112
but for real... :smt061

Proximity said:
Growing up christian means nothing. Anyways, why do you stick around here? what is your reason? To disprove us? To feel right? Why?

pure_jo said:
in theory wouldn't it be YOU that would have a hard time defeating US? since there's more of us, AND God is on our side?
but for real...

It is hard, debating an entire forum full of Christians. However, anything right in life is always hard. I do this, debating, mostly because I am seeking redemption for my past beliefs; for all the hate I spread, calling it good. The Absorbtion of knowledge is another reason.

So you're looking for ammunition to let loose on christians?

Gendou Ikari said:
It is hard, debating an entire forum full of Christians. However, anything right in life is always hard. I do this, debating, mostly because I am seeking redemption for my past beliefs; for all the hate I spread, calling it good. The Absorbtion of knowledge is another reason.

your seeking redemption and yet you still are against us?
that really makes no sense! :smt017

pure_jo said:
your seeking redemption and yet you still are against us?
that really makes no sense! :smt017

Hope you don't mind if I answer this :biggrin
Redemption has nothing to do with a particular god, not Vishnu, Yahweh, Allah, Amaterasu or even yours. It has to do with your state of mind. The reason I debate in christian forums is a sort of redemption for me as well. I am cleansing myself of the years that I was a hymn singing, Praying, yelling Amen baptist. I am attempting to open up others minds to what is outside there narrow view of the world. It's not a waste of time, though at times it's stressful for me certainly, it does not come without rewards. I have talked to at least one person who left there close-mindedness because of me (that is what they said, by the way).

Yeah...so we have the power to redeem ourselves....riiiight... that's more unbelievable than there being a God IMHO.

Proximity said:
Yeah...so we have the power to redeem ourselves....riiiight... that's more unbelievable than there being a God IMHO.

hehe, I'm not sure, are you agreeing with me or not? If you are well, YAY!! :fadein:

I most certainly was not agreeing with you. I was stating that it is harder for me to believe that human beings, being as weak as we are, have the power to redeem ourselves, than it is to believe that there is a God.

Proximity said:
I most certainly was not agreeing with you. I was stating that it is harder for me to believe that human beings, being as weak as we are, have the power to redeem ourselves, than it is to believe that there is a God.

I'm not sure how it would be easier to believe that there is a god, and I would not say that humans are weak. I'm sad that you have so little faith in your fellow man.
Is it so hard to believe that redemption is merely a state of mind. As such a human can redeem themselves.

shirono said:
I'm not sure how it would be easier to believe that there is a god, and I would not say that humans are weak. I'm sad that you have so little faith in your fellow man.
Is it so hard to believe that redemption is merely a state of mind. As such a human can redeem themselves.

Yes, humans have alot of power, i realize that. But what have we ever used such power for? Destruction, greed, sin. We have no power over death, never has a human man, save Jesus who was God, cheated death. Men have power, not the power that saves us from death, but rather the power that is most often used to destroy. Can you think of a good that is as good as the holocaust was evil? If you can i'd be impressed. Men are sinful by nature, why else is it so easy to do what's wrong, then to do what's right? Why is it easier to hurt another for personal gain? Why? Because we live in a fallen world, that we screwed up by sinning against God, and he had the mercy not to kill us instantly, and the grace to give us time to redeem ourselves.

Proximity said:
Yes, humans have alot of power, i realize that. But what have we ever used such power for? Destruction, greed, sin. We have no power over death, never has a human man, save Jesus who was God, cheated death. Men have power, not the power that saves us from death, but rather the power that is most often used to destroy. Can you think of a good that is as good as the holocaust was evil? If you can i'd be impressed. Men are sinful by nature, why else is it so easy to do what's wrong, then to do what's right? Why is it easier to hurt another for personal gain? Why? Because we live in a fallen world, that we screwed up by sinning against God, and he had the mercy not to kill us instantly, and the grace to give us time to redeem ourselves.

I did not say that humans can stop death. That's just ridiculous.
Just as power can be used for great evil, it can be used for great good as well. You forget that the holocaust was caused by a deranged man who believed what he did was right. He was supported by the German catholic church.
Some of the (in fact most of) atrocities that humans have committed were done for a god. The crusades, bloody mary, spanish inquisition, september 11th and that is only a few.
I agree that humans are greedy, but not all of them fall into the category of doing everything for personal gain and religious organizations are guilty of just as many crimes as non-religious groups.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back