Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi all-I come to chat with you

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

hi my name is Chris& I'm an Aussie guy I live near Sydney and look forward to chatting in here over the next few weeks.

thanks I will try to behave. Talking with people overseas is great because your not stuck in a particular time zone and you get greater input :thumb

Hi, Chris :wave

Any reason you're only going to be around for the next few weeks? Going back to school or something? :confused

Mike said:
Hi, Chris :wave

Any reason you're only going to be around for the next few weeks? Going back to school or something? :confused

college workload will make it hard to chat regular in a few weeks

:biggrin Yes I do live in Sydney. Nice to have another Aussie around here.

So welcome mate! :wave

What college do you go to?

@Chris said:
Newcastle Tafe
Ah. What are you studying?

I've only been to Newcastle once, and that was on the eastern side, from some place starting with "s". We look at heaps of old houses. IMO didn't give me a good impression of Newcastle, but I never went into the city itself or its beaches. I hope to go up there again one day, looks like an interesting place.

Nick said:
@Chris said:
Newcastle Tafe

I've only been to Newcastle once, and that was on the eastern side, from some place starting with "s". We look at heaps of old houses. IMO didn't give me a good impression of Newcastle, but I never went into the city itself or its beaches. I hope to go up there again one day, looks like an interesting place.

Newcastle is like a smalle Sydney minus the tourists and crowds.

Studying detail drafting engineering Autocad type stuff

@Chris said:
Nick said:
[quote="@Chris":13m16wtz]Newcastle Tafe

Newcastle is like a smalle Sydney minus the tourists and crowds.

Studying detail drafting engineering Autocad type stuff[/quote:13m16wtz]

Is there high crime areas in Aus. ?

Oats said:
Is there high crime areas in Aus. ?
I don't think it's nearly as high as the US, arguably becasue of guns. But there are parts that are worse than others.

Amateurs !!!!

A survey for the period 1998–2000 compiled by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime ranked South Africa second for assault and murder (by all means) per capita and first for rapes per capita.

But nonetheless; welcome to the forum! The best friend I ever had was an Aussie. I met her in England and even though we wanted to scratch each other's eyes out initially (because of Aus being our greatest rivals in rugby) we turned out to be best buddies.

Thanks for the previous info I'm not sure what to do with it though.

tho Im not a big sports fan I often feel for the motherland in sporting events :)

@Chris said:
Thanks for the previous info I'm not sure what to do with it though.

tho Im not a big sports fan I often feel for the motherland in sporting events :)

:lol Just to let you know the crime rates in Aus and the US really isn’t that bad.

And no, I’m not a sports fan anymore either. We just hosted the Soccer World Cup and if I never hear another vuvuzela again it will be too soon. :angry

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back