Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi Guys

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Orianthi

Hi everyone,

My name is Orianthi(Not really my name, but username wise.) Anyways, I joined the site in the act of trying to better work with fellow Christians, and to better build my faith with our lord, and savior Jesus Christ.

A little about me:

I am a Information Technology Major
I suffer from anxiety(which is another reason I want to better work with the lord to cure me, I'm tired of the things I am missing out on.)
I do a lot of programming.
19 years old and learning to drive.

I am looking forword to meeting you all.

Thanks,

-Orianthi

welcome orianthi:) I too suffer with horrible anxiety (major panic disorder)
Yeah I know what you mean! I been dealing with them for the last 17 years of my life. Even when I was a kid going on the bus was the worst days of my life! I figure now its a little silly, and I want to get your guys support and the lord to help me overcome this!

Wow, you're 19 and been having anxiety attacks for 17 years? I didn't even know a 2 year old could get those! I sure hope you can find some comfort here. You're not alone here as you've already seen. We have more member's with problems like this in addition to Hallowbonnie too. I think you will find sharing and talking with them to be a positive thing for you. Welcome.

By the way, the picture, your avatar... Is that your hair? Pretty cool!

Wow, you're 19 and been having anxiety attacks for 17 years? I didn't even know a 2 year old could get those! I sure hope you can find some comfort here. You're not alone here as you've already seen. We have more member's with problems like this in addition to Hallowbonnie too. I think you will find sharing and talking with them to be a positive thing for you. Welcome.

By the way, the picture, your avatar... Is that your hair? Pretty cool!
Well maybe not at 2 (was overgeneralizing it) :tongue I would see around preschool which is what 5-6?

Nah this isn't me haha. This is a Australian singer named Orianthi xP she has a good song I enjoy its called Orianthi - Only God Knows

Well maybe not at 2 (was overgeneralizing it) :tongue I would see around preschool which is what 5-6?
Wow, still, you've been living with this for a long time! I hope you finally find some comfort here. How long have you been a Christian now?

Wow, still, you've been living with this for a long time! I hope you finally find some comfort here. How long have you been a Christian now?
Since I was baptized haha. So 2-3 I have a hard time going to church since I can't drive, and parents never really available to bring me :/ so I figured seeking a christian forum would at least keep my faith strong!

It's truly a pleasure welcoming you here Brother @Orianthi. Your story is not uncommon among the all of us in some manner. There's an old hymn "Where could I go but to the Lord," and though our circumstances, need, and mercy sought differs, we all come boldly unto the throne of grace (Heb 4:16) when we are at the end of ourselves.

We are a bunch of needy people here for many reasons, and these forums give me opportunity to have fellowship with my brethren when unable to do so in many venues. We seem to have different thoughts as to the interpretation of much scripture, but God can bring us into His will for us as He does the leading. We belong to Him who died for us and He continues with us until we will appear with Him in glory.
May you truly be blessed in your time with us in Jesus' precious name. :wave2

Welcome!

I suffered with anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder for quite a long time, to the point where I didn't even want to be in public. It's gone, now... I think a lot evened out with age, with forgiveness, and with God's grace. Knowing who I am in Christ has helped me tremendously. Knowing that I am no better nor any worse than anyone else out there, likewise.

I hope and pray that you will come to find your inner security soon.

I know that its common for some to wait until after 16 in the states to drive, by why so late?
My family is fairly poor and we never had any way to drive places, I finally got a car and really anxious to even drive now! I been trying for my girlfriend all though. :)
Welcome!

I suffered with anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder for quite a long time, to the point where I didn't even want to be in public. It's gone, now... I think a lot evened out with age, with forgiveness, and with God's grace. Knowing who I am in Christ has helped me tremendously. Knowing that I am no better nor any worse than anyone else out there, likewise.

I hope and pray that you will come to find your inner security soon.
Thanks Blake! I been trying very hard to deal with my own anxiety and its to points I get sick and can't even do it (sometimes)

My family is fairly poor and we never had any way to drive places, I finally got a car and really anxious to even drive now! I been trying for my girlfriend all though. :)

Thanks Blake! I been trying very hard to deal with my own anxiety and its to points I get sick and can't even do it (sometimes)
ok why I did think you were a lady? I wish I got my license earlier then 20. I have a cdl class b in addition to the class e

Your not alone in that by any means. There was a study done not long ago about this trend of teenagers not getting their driver's licenses. When I turned 16 everyone got their license, usually on the morning of their 16th birthday. It was a right of passage! I actually had my class 2 CDL and was driving a bus at age 19. But now they said only 1 in 4 get their license when they are 16 and most who don't get it then don't get one until they are adults living on their own and have to be able to drive to work to survive. The concern of this particular survey was the trucking industry and how in the next few years this trend was going to make it very difficult to find qualified truck drivers since you don't just go from riding a bike to driving an 80,000 pound truck overnight. They found the main reason behind the new trend was the same as you cited. It's just gotten so expensive to own and drive a car that most young people trying to get established in life just can't afford it anymore, so why go through the effort and expense to get licensed for something you can't afford anyway.

Now as for me, with a class 1 CDL and an accident and ticket free record... Well, maybe some day soon I'll actually be in demand! :yes

Your not alone in that by any means. There was a study done not long ago about this trend of teenagers not getting their driver's licenses. When I turned 16 everyone got their license, usually on the morning of their 16th birthday. It was a right of passage! I actually had my class 2 CDL and was driving a bus at age 19. But now they said only 1 in 4 get their license when they are 16 and most who don't get it then don't get one until they are adults living on their own and have to be able to drive to work to survive. The concern of this particular survey was the trucking industry and how in the next few years this trend was going to make it very difficult to find qualified truck drivers since you don't just go from riding a bike to driving an 80,000 pound truck overnight. They found the main reason behind the new trend was the same as you cited. It's just gotten so expensive to own and drive a car that most young people trying to get established in life just can't afford it anymore, so why go through the effort and expense to get licensed for something you can't afford anyway.

Now as for me, with a class 1 CDL and an accident and ticket free record... Well, maybe some day soon I'll actually be in demand! :yes
Im seeing that with my grandson, Nathan. I could teach him to drive but he will either have to drive his mom's truck or wait till he can buy a car.

I was driving before I got my license. Ran the family dog over. I thought I was still on top of it so I backed up. Ran it over again. She survived......me, barely.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back