Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi Y'all ! Need your suggestions . . .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

barry e

My name is barry,:wave and I'm a newbie here. I am a christian layman. Have studied the Christian faith and religion in general for several years.

I am convinced that many of the problems resulting in the decline in church membership today center around the differences between Popular and Academic Christianity. Hope I can find the right forum to discus this issue.

Any suggestions? :help

barry e

Danus . . . Popular Chrstianity is the doctrine Christians are taught from childhood and what is preached from the pulpit on Sunday morning . . . Academic Christianity is christian doctrine as it is taught in our colleges and in most seminaries today.

The two are so different that if stripped of their Christian identity and placed side by side, most people would would not recognize them as coming from the same religion.

barry e

My name is barry,:wave and I'm a newbie here. I am a christian layman. Have studied the Christian faith and religion in general for several years.

I am convinced that many of the problems resulting in the decline in church membership today center around the differences between Popular and Academic Christianity. Hope I can find the right forum to discus this issue.

Any suggestions? :help

barry e

Hi Barry.

I agree with you that academic "Christianity" and the popular are quite different. In real practice, though, I find that most pastors do not push academic Christianity unless they are on some sort of ecclesiastical high-horse. It's almost as if they "tolerate" the Babylonian mayhem just to get the degree and then seminary (or whatever else) and then they can preach the dictates of their hearts without any allegiance to the material they were taught. Only those with swaying opinions might be influenced.

IMHO theological schools have been taken over by the liberal, hippy mindset and is one reason I decided against formal education in that field. But those type are the most squeeky and vociferous, and you know which wheel gets the grease and everyone is afraid to stand up to the nonsense--- it's the same with liberal politics and the mainline news media. Just my :twocents

I like your title, drew me right in.
I'm a newbe also...WHATSUP!!!

Seems to me that Academic Christianity also has their differences
Aquinas
Lock
Leibniz
Spinoza
Descartes
Most peeps would not recognize any of them coming from the same religion.
Cath, Proto, Luth, Calv, also have very different views.
The two things all of them have in common is a faith in Christ, and that I have misspelled their names.

save , tim, escatology that is well taught most of the time as pre wrath pre millenial.

some seminaries teach evolution and genesis isnt literal and local flood.

for what?! the american church has been on the decline for decades and i say since 1925(the scopes trial)

some might even say when large swathes went with scofieldism.

for what?! the american church has been on the decline for decades and i say since 1925(the scopes trial)

some might even say when large swathes went with scofieldism.

It was the word apostate I found relieving. There's no dought the bride has become the harlet or hore in zach??? But all I heard you say is condem the prostitute and gather the bride... I thought I heard your voice in the multitude. And I agree with your time line, I would say it was about 30 years early ,"the madman parable". I have a child I am fighting for as well. And I am definitely adding the word swathe to my vocab

Sorry Ezekiel 16,
I can't even drive my son to pre-K without vrs 24 and 25 echoing in my head.

You built yourself a shrine and made yourself a high place in every square.
You built yourself a high place at the top of every street, and made your beauty abominable; and you spread your legs to every passer-by to multiply your harlotry.

Barry,

Grace and peace my brother. Welcome. :wave

First, I wouldnt even worry about the decline of the church. This would be in the " rumors" category that JESUS talks about. There are MANY churches around the world, and no ratio, poll, etc.. can measure it. Remember, we are all supposed to come back to one church. So, not to be funny, but before JESUS comes again it will just be a big mulititude in one faith! LOL!! WOW!!:eeeekkk:o that will be a big church and one great language.
ACTS 2:1-21
1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.
5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. 7 Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? 8 Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? 9 Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,[b] 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!” 12 Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, “What does this mean?”
13 Some, however, made fun of them and said, “They have had too much wine.” Peter Addresses the Crowd
14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 “‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20 The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21 And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.

MATTHEW 24
1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

* NOTE*: (You can read all of Matthew 24 on your own time. This is great to read and understand about what is happening with the " decline " of the church that people say:).

Right now, people are being weeded out by GOD. GOD is choosing people by the heart. Those that want to be left in certain beliefs ( even saying their Christian), and in their hearts want to fight, divide, and babble?? GOD will leave them in the church, allow them to minister, and on the last day not even know them.

MATTHEW 7:21-23
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

So, as long as people talk about CHRIST, just support them, and pray for them. If you see something doesnt seem right in their ministry or walk, and you can back it with the WORD, then tell them. If they dont listen, then keep praying for them, definitely be the change that you want to see when you are around them. Being the person that you want them to be in CHRIST is also a ministry. Words are good, but a human that can live the words that they want someone to see or know is the best. This is what JESUS did. We are not perfect like HIM, but we can hold our composure enough in public ( through prayer and fasting) to be able to be the physical representation of what GOD wants. Only through prayer and fasting.

1 CORINTHIANS 9:19-23
19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20 To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21 To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.

LUKE 10:1-19:
After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4 Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.
5 “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. 8 “When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is offered to you. 9 Heal the sick who are there and tell them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’ 10 But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.’ 12 I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.

MARK 9:19-29
19 He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things [are] possible to him that believeth.
24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, [Thou] dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.
26 And [the spirit] cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead.
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Just be a follower of CHRIST with all praises due to the FATHER!! Its much easier. Find the church in the heart first, then go to the building. If you dont find a church building?? Then, be joyful to just have the church in the heart along with the WORD. This is the first church; 2 or more gathered in HIS HOLY NAME!! You are 1 and HE is the 2, and HIS SPIRIT pushes forth ministry; the start of fellowship and spreading HIS HOLY WORD! As we are in church right now. But again that building is important for those that need confidence, fellowship, support, more encouragment in reading the WORD, or just to hear the WORD, because due to their very busy life of family, work, etc....they can't read it themselves ( I pray they change that, but we are all a work in progress). Some have serious complications where they can't read or not able to have a BIBLE ( the WORD), etc....PRAISE JESUS! LORD please change their situation.

HEBREWS 9:22-24
22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
23 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

MATTHEW 18:19-20:
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

REVELATIONS 19:10:
10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

JOEL 2:28-29
28 “And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.

BROTHER BARRY!! WELCOME AGAIN!!:wave STAY READ!:study STAY FED!!:study STAY ENCOURAGED!! :wavingSTAY FOCUSED ON HIM!!:study PRAY!!:pray READ!!:study FAST!! LOVE ALL PEOPLE, EVEN IF THEY DONT LOVE YOU!!:clap:tongue:salute:thumbsup!!

jesus4life

Last edited by a moderator:
i said in america. kindly take my quotes or statements in context.

and i said west to include europe and australia. but in asia and and also the middle east the church grows.

i have seen churches in my consertive christian town support gay rights, twenty years ago that was unimaginable.

and persons now bash a church that preaches repent! homosexuality is sin.

People see what they want to see. These kinds of things have always been there. It's obvious who stirs these things up. But, people just dont want to believe it. At one time, these sins didnt have a label. Now that people label ( in or out of churches), it's easy to see who/whom is behind it. The " blind " promote it, but the knowing are very obvious. Jesus made alot of HIS ministry against them.

There is no decline in the church, but there is just more promotion of evil. It's not that difficult. But it is depending where a person's heart truly is. A pure heart sees GOD and automatically sees the movements of the " other one" and those he teaches and those that he fools. Many are fooled by his subtle ways. He will easily rise because of it.

I see why JESUS cried for us. As a whole, we humans dont even think twice. We think twice for our own personal well being, but not for the whole. This is why many ( not all) always fall short. PRAISE JESUS for showing us how not to. BUT forgive US LORD for just not being unified and constantly pre-occupied with what only your power can handle.

Though I am not in this place anymore. I remember when I was, and I know many of my friends that are still at this place. They dont realize how much they help what they want to get rid of ( then I also realized some of them were secretly into many things they supposedly fought against!!). Never satisfied.

jesus4life

yes, ray, that was brought to my attention by the hegerichs.

they had to take science classes and that was mentioned. and i have heard of pastors talking about seminaries teaching a reconciled genesis account with mainstream science.

Back