Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ramonf77

My name is Ray (or Ramon, if you like). I am 65, a Catholic, but am leaving them because I think Christians follow the Bible more closely and accurately. Haven't been to a Christian church yet, but hoping to attend soon and drag my wife along, but she wants to stay a Catholic.

Just wondering (since being a child of God is all new to me), until I find a church to go to, is it possible to worship God by myself?

I'm also thinking of alternating churches in order to keep my wife happy. You know, we'll attend each church. First she goes to my church, then the following week, I'll go to her church.

What do you think?

Welcome :)

It is certainly possibly to worship God and grow spiritually without going to church (and you should be seeking God even when not in church), but it is encouraged because fellowship with other believers can be helpful in these things.

Hi Ramón, how are you doing? good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

Here's a great verse: 1 Timothy 2.5

For those who come in simple repentance and faith to the Lord Jesus Christ, without the 'help' of anyone else, in the light of His finished sacrifice, when He was 'once offered to bear the sins of many' (Hebrews 9.28), they can both know with certainty that 'by one offering He hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified' (Hebrews 10.14) and also they can worship God the Father directly through His Son, the Lord Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
but it is encouraged because fellowship with other believers can be helpful in these things.

I agree, and nothing would make me happier. But I have also lost the use of my car (doctor's orders) since I came down with Parkinson's disease several years ago. So, I depend on my wife, who wants to stay a Catholic. But praise God that I can worship Him on my own, in spirit and in truth. I can always view Christian services, and sermons on streaming TV (I own a Roku box, if you know what that is), and I watch a lot of Christian TV, sermons, and so on.

Thanks for the support.

Thanks Farouk, that's very encouraging.

Ramon: YW and you know what is really very encouraging, is that we can dig into the Spirit-inspired Word for ourselves and come to our own conclusion as to what it says, and not have to rely on someone else to tell us what it supposedly means.

God bless His Word to you and your family.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back