Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Hidden Message in Genesis 5!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
I did not figure this out myself, but was pointed to it and find it so amazing that I'd thought I would share. Interestingly, I find that it seems to give credence to that Genesis is in fact the inspired Word of God. Some on the board here hold Genesis to be uninspired, history, or a fairy tale. This may or may not discourage those notions depending on your perspective. Anyway, in Genesis chapter 5 we have geneologies which document the line from Adam to Noah. If you make a list of these, and go back and write in the meanings of the names, you get a message! geneology goes from top to bottom, the message is read from top to bottom. a It goes like this:

Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort

Isn't that wild?! That's absolutely amazing! To me, no simple documentation of history or fairy tale would have such a significant message attached to it. This is no coincidence. Genesis is the inspired Word of God and this is proof in my mind. It would take a pretty hardened heart to not see the inspiration in this. Praise the Lord! :pray

Yes I agree, and I'm glad people are finally looking into the meanings of names and relating them to the bible story. Whenever we study the bible, we look up the meanings of the character's name and also that of the place and see how that relates to the passage. Some are directly mentioned, i.e.and e.g. this is the house of God so he named the place Bethel. Some meanings, however, are more obscure as you pointed out and one has to dig to find the relationship with the rest of the bible story, especially if one day later in the future it's referenced again by another bible passage.

I did not figure this out myself, but was pointed to it and find it so amazing that I'd thought I would share. Interestingly, I find that it seems to give credence to that Genesis is in fact the inspired Word of God. Some on the board here hold Genesis to be uninspired, history, or a fairy tale. This may or may not discourage those notions depending on your perspective. Anyway, in Genesis chapter 5 we have geneologies which document the line from Adam to Noah. If you make a list of these, and go back and write in the meanings of the names, you get a message! geneology goes from top to bottom, the message is read from top to bottom. a It goes like this:

Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort

Isn't that wild?! That's absolutely amazing! To me, no simple documentation of history or fairy tale would have such a significant message attached to it. This is no coincidence. Genesis is the inspired Word of God and this is proof in my mind. It would take a pretty hardened heart to not see the inspiration in this. Praise the Lord! :pray

thats very cool!

I bet there's more of this kind of stuff in the Bible. Perhaps why it is written to not take away or add to it, because it would mess this kind of thing up. Every dot, every tittle means something, perhaps even the spacing. We are talking about God and his inspired Word here! :)

I bet there's more of this kind of stuff in the Bible. Perhaps why it is written to not take away or add to it, because it would mess this kind of thing up. Every dot, every tittle means something, perhaps even the spacing. We are talking about God and his inspired Word here! :)
Here's another one. What is significant about the Jewish year 5708?

IDK. It hasn't came yet?
5708 of the Jewish year is 1948. The year Israel was reborn. What is the 5708 verse in the Torah?

Deuteronomy 30:5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

5708 of the Jewish year is 1948. The year Israel was reborn. What is the 5708 verse in the Torah?

Deuteronomy 30:5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land which your fathers possessed, and you shall possess it; and He will prosper you and multiply you more than your fathers.

Interesting. I never knew that. It doesn't surprise me at this point, God is big on numbers. He seems to like the number 7 a lot. :)

Interesting. I never knew that. It doesn't surprise me at this point, God is big on numbers. He seems to like the number 7 a lot. :)
Yes he does. Every 7th letter in Genesis, Exodus, Numbers and Deuteronomy spell Torah. But in Numbers and Deuteronomy it is spelled backwards. Every 7th letter in Leviticus spells his Holy name YHWH. So it would look like this.

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy
Torah Torah>>>> YHWH <<<< haroT haroT

It's pointing to the book of Leviticus and to YHWH.

Wanna know the half point in the Torah and it's significance?

Yes he does. Every 7th letter in Genesis, Exodus, Numbers and Deuteronomy spell Torah. But in Numbers and Deuteronomy it is spelled backwards. Every 7th letter in Leviticus spells his Holy name YHWH. So it would look like this.

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy
Torah Torah>>>> YHWH <<<< haroT haroT

It's pointing to the book of Leviticus and to YHWH.

Wanna know the half point in the Torah and it's significance?

Yes I do.

Leviticus 10:16 But Moses searched carefully for the goat of the sin offering, and behold, it had been burned up! So he was angry with Aaron’s surviving sons Eleazar and Ithamar, saying,"

"Searched carefully" in the Hebrew is actually "darash darash" and would be more accurately translated as "searchingly searched." It as well is like an arrow pointing in opposite directions to search the scriptures as the Bereans did.

Acts 17:10 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

So the Bereans because they searched and studied diligently, would have made believing in Yeshua easy because they would have seen his fingerprints all over the scriptures. Even his very name was already announced in the Torah well before his arrival.

Leviticus 10:16 But Moses searched carefully for the goat of the sin offering, and behold, it had been burned up! So he was angry with Aaron’s surviving sons Eleazar and Ithamar, saying,"

"Searched carefully" in the Hebrew is actually "darash darash" and would be more accurately translated as "searchingly searched." It as well is like an arrow pointing in opposite directions to search the scriptures as the Bereans did.

Acts 17:10 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;

So the Bereans because they searched and studied diligently, would have made believing in Yeshua easy because they would have seen his fingerprints all over the scriptures. Even his very name was already announced in the Torah well before his arrival.

With all of these underlying messages (I have to assume that there are many more), that would indeed indicate that the Word is inspired and the book as a whole is self-substantiating. What a blessing it is to know of any of them! I stand in awe of the scriptures and of our great God, the Great and Mighty, I Am That I Am.

It would take a lifetime, at least, to study this book and learn all that it has to teach. No wonder we are instructed to study it daily. This book is a treasure.

Concerning the spelling out of Torah front and backwards in it, I have heard somewhere that all languages east of Jerusalem read from right to left, all left of Jerusalem, from left to right. This must have something to do with why it is done as it is. I wonder how people figure these things out? They must have a lot of time on their hands to even get the idea to start counting letters and spacing and stuff. Does anyone know of any more such codes in the Bible? Please share them if you do.

yeah, that is kabbalistic. sadly and ironically I know of many futurists that would do that and yet rebuke me for quoting the sages. jeff gant is the one who pointed this out years ago.

yeah, that is kabbalistic. sadly and ironically I know of many futurists that would do that and yet rebuke me for quoting the sages. jeff gant is the one who pointed this out years ago.
Some of the Sages had great insight into the scriptures, can't discount what they had to say (some of them).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back