Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

His Birth and His Death

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

Merry Christmas everyone.

Someone raised a question:
The birth of Christ and His deathwhich is more important?

So I also pose this to us...

Which side of a coin is the more important? Let us live each day in the awe—and unpacking—of the incarnation (what C S Lewis called the Grand Miracle) and the atonement, the entering into our dimension and our entering the new dimension.

Merry Christmas and have a blessed new year.

We could never have had salvation through Christ in one without the other so both are important.

We could never have had salvation through Christ in one without the other so both are important.
Yet we spend more time on the first advent then actually in easter .
Imagine feasting for Easter instead of the way we do for Christmas?

One day off versus a few days ?
My pastor segue to the second advent on Christmas Eve .

While I get the need to be born but the focus of Christmas is baby Jesus not so much the need to repent and loomimg judgement

They are all equally important.
Without his bith/incarnation, there would be no teaching by Jesus with/to his disciples.
Without his death, there is no forgiveness of si s and without his resurrection we would not know we were forgiven.

They are all equally important.
Without his bith/incarnation, there would be no teaching by Jesus with/to his disciples.
Without his death, there is no forgiveness of si s and without his resurrection we would not know we were forgiven.
Matthew 6:33.

I think this goes with your post.
1 Corinthians 15:3 kjv
3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5. And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6. After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

eddif

Birth or death. What about raised from the dead?.

Without raised from the dead there is no faith and hope and Christianity is nothing.

It's acturally what everything is based on. Christianity only exists from the belief that Jesus raised from the dead.
Actually, this is the best answer...but, since that wasn't part of the question we must disqualify your answer. Sorry. :lol

14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is worthless, and so is your faith. 15In that case, we are also exposed as false witnesses about God. For we have testified about God that He raised Christ from the dead, but He did not raise Him if in fact the dead are not raised.

16For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.

1 Corinthians 15:14-19

He came in order to die. That was the goal:

27Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? No, it is for this purpose that I have come to this hour. John 12:27 BSB

His death (and subsequent resurrection) is what it's all about.

7But I tell you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. John 16:7 BSB

Thanks a lot. Merry Christmas and a happy year.
It appears the "world" is more comfortable with Christmas than Easter, where this later kind of stirs up outrage in some. Both beeing important, the death is the reason and the only reason we have hope of eternal life.

Hi Classik

Well, certainly a worthy consideration to gnaw on. Factually, we can't have salvation without both. Someone had to be born that qualified to die in our place. That wasn't gonna happen even with a whole world of people having babies. Then that someone had to die in our place. Either event not happening...we remain dead in our sin and forever ostracized from God...according to the Scriptures.

So, picking one as being 'more' important, I'd have to fall back on which one I held as most precious to me. Easter wins hands down!!!

God bless,
Ted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back