Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] Hit by lightning

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Whenever I talk to someone who isn't saved and they're trying to convince me that God is not real, I describe my experience as this...I'm like a person who was hit by lightning and you're trying to tell me it doesn't exist! After I got saved, I could feel something "click" in my spirit. Like it just all fell into place and the petty stuff I used to do (gossip, insecurity, jealousy, petty snotty teenage type behaviors) all just fell away and I was fundamentally changed. I see this change, this phenomenon, as akin to being struck by lightning. So when someone tries to tell me there is no God, I think "you just haven't met Him yet"

I relate 100%. Once the Spirit baptized me with fire, I experience God in a tangible way. There is no room for question. The carnal man still tries to argue it from time to time, but the spirit man has his feet on a rock. I hear the thunder rolling and I feel the lightning strike continuously, amen. It's as you say. They just haven't met Him.

I'm so happy to hear your testimony. God has changed, is changing, and will change your life and the lives of untold, (hopefully) teeming masses of other people.

I like how you point to being saved--not religious instruction, not therapy, not general maturation--as the cause of your transformation. One thing I don't like a lot about some churches, at least where I live, is that change is supposed to be Jesus+(therapy, counseling, lots of study groups, the right doctrine, etc.). I think too many churches skim over the power and sufficiency of The Cross.

So..yeah...thanks for sharing your inspiring story. You're clearly intelligent and well-read, so I also hope you'll stick around and post in the other forums.

Whenever I talk to someone who isn't saved and they're trying to convince me that God is not real, I describe my experience as this...I'm like a person who was hit by lightning and you're trying to tell me it doesn't exist! After I got saved, I could feel something "click" in my spirit. Like it just all fell into place and the petty stuff I used to do (gossip, insecurity, jealousy, petty snotty teenage type behaviors) all just fell away and I was fundamentally changed. I see this change, this phenomenon, as akin to being struck by lightning. So when someone tries to tell me there is no God, I think "you just haven't met Him yet"

:amen:salute

When I was saved I felt the holy spirit burning intensely inside me, filling me up with a power and energy I can't even get with 20 energy drinks. It was indeed a supernatural experience and yes everything changed it is literally like being reborn. you start anew a clean slate and life is suddenly so much different. btw I like the willy wonka thing however i have to say that some of the most dedicated atheists were once Christians and many know the bible quite well. However they only see the first layer of it, without actually being born again the secrets of the bible are hidden from your eyes and your understanding of it is very limited

When I was saved I felt the holy spirit burning intensely inside me, filling me up with a power and energy I can't even get with 20 energy drinks. It was indeed a supernatural experience and yes everything changed it is literally like being reborn. you start anew a clean slate and life is suddenly so much different. btw I like the willy wonka thing however i have to say that some of the most dedicated atheists were once Christians and many know the bible quite well. However they only see the first layer of it, without actually being born again the secrets of the bible are hidden from your eyes and your understanding of it is very limited
Thanks! Any time I've been in a debate with a non-believer, it's always been half-truths and lies from them about the Word of Good. If the Scripture is a Sword, they're wielding a spoon!

To be fair...even the most wretched, misguided unbeliever may well repent and be saved...one day. I say this because I was once a wretched unbeliever, lost in Self and the worst worldly "wisdom" imaginable. No longer. Like so many other people, God saw fit to save me from my own nonsense.

I have this book lying around somewhere...its a collection of brief C.S. Lewis writings. Its a thought-a-day kinda book. When I was in Teen Challenge, I read through it a couple times. Now that I've repented, those seeds are bearing fruit.

Anyway, point is (yes, I have one, I promise, lol)...he had this one quote in which he wrote that every person you meet will exist for eternity. The most beautiful person now may become the most (literally) hellish monstrosity. The dullest, ugliest person may become perfected for eternity, turned into a creature of unimaginable beauty. I'm trying to keep that in mind as I deal with people.

That's a really good way to describe it. Atheists, and even some professed Christians demand proof and want to reason it out, saying things like, if I can wrap my mind around it and understand it...then I'll believe it...and it doesn't work that way. Belief is not in the mind and can not be. Belief is in the spirit, or heart if you will. First we believe and put our faith into Him, and after that, he gives us revelation to allow our reasoning mind to be able to grasp a little bit of it.

One thing that the atheists don't think about is that, if there were no God...then there'd be no atheists. Sounds funny, but it's true.

I can really relate to this. Sometimes my faith goes on and off, and sometimes I am bothered by the bad usually when I'm not close enough to Him. When I am down, or having these bad thoughts before sleep, He is there. Last night I have asked Him for help to have my bad thoughts disappear and they do. My heart feels warm and cozy when He helps me.

Thanks be to God!
:pray :bible

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back